Men vs Baylor

aubiefifty

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Well, there goes our great FT shooting. Missed our last 4. Could be 35-34 right now.

Didn’t expect stretch to make his honestly lol, but geez man, idk I’m super disappointed in flan today. 1-5 from the field and 5 turnovers

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He’s so inconsistent. 

Well hopefully he'll be so inconsistent that he'll play out of his mind in the second half. Complete opposite of his first half.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Didn’t expect stretch to make his honestly lol, but geez man, idk I’m super disappointed in flan today. 1-5 from the field and 5 turnovers

I expected him to make at least 1. :(

Really disappointed in Flan’s play today. Curious to see what adjustments we make. Been playing very active defensively but need to be more fundamental on the offensive side. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I expected him to make at least 1. :(

When I saw bruce react before they switched the call, and then when I saw flan go to the line I thought “he’s about to miss both”. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Coop only shooting 1-7 right now. I keep expecting his shot to start falling but it continues to be pretty rough.

The only positive would be maybe he’s not a one and done 😂. Gosh I want to see him, Powell and jabari together 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

The only positive would be maybe he’s not a one and done 😂. Gosh I want to see him, Powell and jabari together 

That's the only thing I'm hoping as well. I want to see those 3 with Cardwell and Thor with a second year under Pearl. :D

Down 5 at halftime on the road vs Baylor with no one in foul trouble? I'd take that if it was offered before tip-off.

Baylor is going to force some turnovers. Where we need to improve is with the open looks including free throws. Defense has been spectacular.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Really disappointed in Flan’s play today. Curious to see what adjustments we make. Been playing very active defensively but need to be more fundamental on the offensive side. 

Actually no one is playing well offensively. Looked terrible, but Baylor didnt have anyone lighting it up either thankfully.

Baylor is strong enough defensively to not have to double Cooper up top. They have been doubling with big bodies near the paint on Coop making it tough for kickout or a layup. 

Just now, BigSammyK said:

Down 5 at halftime on the road vs Baylor with no one in foul trouble? I'd take that if it was offered before tip-off.

Baylor is going to force some turnovers. Where we need to improve is with the open looks including free throws. Defense has been spectacular.

Yep, this is one of those games where we can't make anything from 3. It seems all are hitting the 3 or none. Hopefully we get out of the funk in the second half.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

That's the only thing I'm hoping as well. I want to see those 3 with Cardwell and Thor with a second year under Pearl. :D

And Alexander off the bench 🥺

JJ has to step up and do something in the second half. It's looking like another game where he just can't get anything to fall and he's looking like he did at the end of last year. At this point, start Cambridge and let JJ come off the bench.

Ragged, sloppy game. Baylor is causing a lot of it. We're bothering their shooters. If we'd settle down and get our heads in the game on offense, this one is ripe for the taking.

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Actually no one is playing well offensively. Looked terrible, but Baylor didnt have anyone lighting it up either thankfully.

Agree, but a lot of those offensive issues are due to poor ball handling with passes and dribbling, making us play a bit chaotic without control. That’s why I’m saying more fundamentals, make crisper passes. And better looks will follow. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

JJ has to step up and do something in the second half. It's looking like another game where he just can't get anything to fall and he's looking like he did at the end of last year. At this point, start Cambridge and let JJ come off the bench.

JJ has been non existent. Neutralized.

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Coop only shooting 1-7 right now. I keep expecting his shot to start falling but it continues to be pretty rough.

They are taking advantage of his less than stellar defense,too....Its still a closer game than I thought it would be, but I expect Baylor to blow it open 2nd half

I'd feel better if we'd make it a half court game. But that only works when you can run a few set plays with some consistency.

1 minute ago, chizhead said:

They are taking advantage of his less than stellar defense,too....Its still a closer game than I thought it would be, but I expect Baylor to blow it open 2nd half

Unfortunately, that's how I feel as well. Baylor tends to be a better 2nd half team so unless we start hitting shots, it could get very ugly.

Archived