Jump to content
Null

Recommended Posts





  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@tgrogan21 holding up the AU season FT chart

Announcer: if you’re a first round pick you’re goin Me and my selfish ass: i don’t care if you’re the #1 pick, you ain’t goin, you’re playing with Jabari, Thor, and Powell damnit 

I feel like its just so much ball stopping when it touches his hands. There was a possession where they got a stop, Cooper pushed the ball up, gave it to him, there was a...Cambridge? cutting to the r

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Well, there goes our great FT shooting. Missed our last 4. Could be 35-34 right now.

Didn’t expect stretch to make his honestly lol, but geez man, idk I’m super disappointed in flan today. 1-5 from the field and 5 turnovers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He’s so inconsistent. 

Well hopefully he'll be so inconsistent that he'll play out of his mind in the second half. Complete opposite of his first half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Didn’t expect stretch to make his honestly lol, but geez man, idk I’m super disappointed in flan today. 1-5 from the field and 5 turnovers

I expected him to make at least 1. :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really disappointed in Flan’s play today. Curious to see what adjustments we make. Been playing very active defensively but need to be more fundamental on the offensive side. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I expected him to make at least 1. :(

When I saw bruce react before they switched the call, and then when I saw flan go to the line I thought “he’s about to miss both”. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Coop only shooting 1-7 right now. I keep expecting his shot to start falling but it continues to be pretty rough.

The only positive would be maybe he’s not a one and done 😂. Gosh I want to see him, Powell and jabari together 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

The only positive would be maybe he’s not a one and done 😂. Gosh I want to see him, Powell and jabari together 

That's the only thing I'm hoping as well. I want to see those 3 with Cardwell and Thor with a second year under Pearl. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Down 5 at halftime on the road vs Baylor with no one in foul trouble? I'd take that if it was offered before tip-off.

Baylor is going to force some turnovers. Where we need to improve is with the open looks including free throws. Defense has been spectacular.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Really disappointed in Flan’s play today. Curious to see what adjustments we make. Been playing very active defensively but need to be more fundamental on the offensive side. 

Actually no one is playing well offensively. Looked terrible, but Baylor didnt have anyone lighting it up either thankfully.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Baylor is strong enough defensively to not have to double Cooper up top. They have been doubling with big bodies near the paint on Coop making it tough for kickout or a layup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigSammyK said:

Down 5 at halftime on the road vs Baylor with no one in foul trouble? I'd take that if it was offered before tip-off.

Baylor is going to force some turnovers. Where we need to improve is with the open looks including free throws. Defense has been spectacular.

Yep, this is one of those games where we can't make anything from 3. It seems all are hitting the 3 or none. Hopefully we get out of the funk in the second half.

Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ has to step up and do something in the second half. It's looking like another game where he just can't get anything to fall and he's looking like he did at the end of last year. At this point, start Cambridge and let JJ come off the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragged, sloppy game. Baylor is causing a lot of it. We're bothering their shooters. If we'd settle down and get our heads in the game on offense, this one is ripe for the taking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Actually no one is playing well offensively. Looked terrible, but Baylor didnt have anyone lighting it up either thankfully.

Agree, but a lot of those offensive issues are due to poor ball handling with passes and dribbling, making us play a bit chaotic without control. That’s why I’m saying more fundamentals, make crisper passes. And better looks will follow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

JJ has to step up and do something in the second half. It's looking like another game where he just can't get anything to fall and he's looking like he did at the end of last year. At this point, start Cambridge and let JJ come off the bench.

JJ has been non existent. Neutralized.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Coop only shooting 1-7 right now. I keep expecting his shot to start falling but it continues to be pretty rough.

They are taking advantage of his less than stellar defense,too....Its still a closer game than I thought it would be, but I expect Baylor to blow it open 2nd half

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd feel better if we'd make it a half court game. But that only works when you can run a few set plays with some consistency.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chizhead said:

They are taking advantage of his less than stellar defense,too....Its still a closer game than I thought it would be, but I expect Baylor to blow it open 2nd half

Unfortunately, that's how I feel as well. Baylor tends to be a better 2nd half team so unless we start hitting shots, it could get very ugly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...