2021 3* S Cayden Bridges Signs with AU!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrong again

And zion could easily move/play OLB in the 3-4.  Our safety depth and experience is bad and has been. We have routinely only had 4 on the roster. You can't really build depth that way.  I believe you'

Well the last DB we stole from USA late turned out to be pretty good...

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Tigerpro2aPlan is for Reed, Zion, & Tennison to move to Safety. There is no NB in Mason's system from what I understand.

Without a NB does a LB get used in coverage or FS/SS? Or is it up to the play call/alignment? Interesting that will work vs spread

5 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Without a NB does a LB get used in coverage or FS/SS? Or is it up to the play call/alignment? Interesting that will work vs spread

@WDE_OxPx_2010 Essentially a second SS or 3rd CB based on opponent personnel on the field & given how open today's offenses are.

Bridges earns Auburn offer, decision Wednesday

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Magee (Miss.) defensive back Cayden Bridges ’ recruitment isn’t over.

Far from it, it would appear.

Bridges committed to South Alabama on Jan. 23. He was headed to Mobile to play his college ball.

Then came two SEC offers.

“Auburn offered me on Thursday and then Mississippi State offered me the next day,” Bridges said. “I couldn’t believe it. I was very excited.”

Bridges learned of the Auburn offer in a phone conversation with defensive backs coach Zac Etheridge and defensive coordinator Derek Mason.

“Coach Etheridge told me I had an offer and I was shocked,” Bridges said. “I talked to him and Coach Mason and it felt great. It didn’t register with me at the time. I kept telling myself like 20 times and I still couldn’t believe it. I never would have thought I would’ve gotten that type of offer.”

But he did. And then came Mississippi State.

“They offered Friday,” Bridges said. “I was excited about it, too. An in-state SEC school offering felt great.”

Bridges now must make a decision, and he plans to on Wednesday.

“I’ll announce my decision on Signing Day,” Bridges said.

As a senior, Bridges had 52 tackles, 25 solos, six tackles-for-loss and four interceptions. He also was a standout on offense, catching 44 passes for 606 yards (13.8 avg.) and seven touchdowns.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Is this kid the big surprise KN was talking about the other day, or is there another sleeper out there? I think it was KN.

Edited by toddc
16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Really? While I'm a fan of Bridges, that's a little disappointing.

It’s just a 1 or 2 star difference.  In the grand scheme of life it’s not a big deal.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Really? While I'm a fan of Bridges, that's a little disappointing.

To be fair Big surprise was Todd's words, not Keith's. Keith's words was 8.5 out of a scale of 10 that there would be A NSD surprise.

• Thanks 1
  • ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* S Cayden Bridges

Kid seems motivated , humbled and excited . Hope we get him . I know the four and five star couch warriors will have something to say about it though 

• Like 1
  • ellitor changed the title to ***2021 3* S Cayden Bridges (Commit Watch 2/3 1 PM CT)***
16 hours ago, DAG said:

Kid seems motivated , humbled and excited . Hope we get him . I know the four and five star couch warriors will have something to say about it though 

We all want those 4 and 5 star studs forsure, but those 3 star ish guys can  be the glue and really help set the tone. Not to mention the guys that play better than their “ranking”. Harsin said he was going to find guys that would be the right fit for auburn and wanted to be here. I trust Harsin and Co until we are given a reason not to.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1
Just now, ValleyTiger said:

AU tried to get this one on the sly without much attention. Other schools made late plays for Bridges, too, but we'll get the ink.

Yup! I think he's 1 of the 2 silents from tonight.

• Like 1
  • ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* S Cayden Bridges Signs with AU!
  • augolf1716 pinned and featured this topic
  • augolf1716 unpinned this topic