Dreams..

Tigerpro2a

I am curious if any one here has any experience with Lucid dreams? I have been studying them off and on for 9 years and have had a few. 

For me, everytime I become conscious to the fact I am currently dreaming, my go to is always flying. I have done this probably a dozen times. It really is the most incredible thing. Have had some other lucid experiences as well. Would be interested to hear others if there are any as well as what methods you use to bring on lucid dreams.

Note- I love hearing about dreams period so if you have a crazy story feel free to share even if it was just an ordinary dream.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I am curious if any one here has any experience with Lucid dreams? I have been studying them off and on for 9 years and have had a few. 

For me, everytime I become conscious to the fact I am currently dreaming, my go to is always flying. I have done this probably a dozen times. It really is the most incredible thing. Have had some other lucid experiences as well. Would be interested to hear others if there are any as well as what methods you use to bring on lucid dreams.

Note- I love hearing about dreams period so if you have a crazy story feel free to share even if it was just an ordinary dream.

Holy crap. You can decide what to dream with a lucid dream?

Flying is definitely the best. Like... holy crap. My flaying always seems to be close to the ground, which somehow makes it more fun. But it's *extremely* rare... like probably not 10 times in my life, that I can remember at least.

Don't think I've ever had a lucid dream. Have definitely had some altered states of consciousness- self-induced and otherwise- but not a dream. Man. Awesome. 

• Like 1

If I ever get enough sleep to actually dream then 90% of them are like watching a movie.  They are almost always 3rd person of other people.  (Guess I am a Morgan Freeman at heart).  However, there are times when I have dreams that I am in the dream and I love making myself fly.  It normally happens something to the effect of me jumping and I kind of launch off the ground and stay in the air longer and longer.  Kind of like:

John carter of mars GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

After that I realize that this is a bunch of crap and start working on my superman pose.  And yes I do usually control where I am flying and it is usually places I went as a child.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

(Guess I am a Morgan Freeman at heart)

Holy crap. I shall now and forevermore read your posts in a Morgan Freeman voice. You have no idea the gift you've given me.

It normally happens something to the effect of me jumping and I kind of launch off the ground and stay in the air longer and longer. 

After that I realize that this is a bunch of crap and start working on my superman pose.  And yes I do usually control where I am flying

Very similar here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I once had lucid dream about my family and my childhood. We were driving somewhere and stopped to pee. I was talking with my mum when my dad went out. My mum was looking at me sitting on the front seat, when I suddenly noticed the man who was moving towards our can with a huge bat. It seemed like he was looking to start hitting our car. I was so shocked, then I wake up and remembered it very vividly. The creepiest thing happened later when I called to mum to ask how she was doing. She said that when she woke up and went out she found her car beaten badly. I was shocked to hear it.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, DavidJo23 said:

I once had lucid dream about my family and my childhood. This happened while I was sleeping. We were driving somewhere and stopped to pee. I was talking with my mum when my dad went out. My mum was looking at me sitting on the front seat, when I suddenly noticed the man who was moving towards our can with a huge bat. It seemed like he was looking to start hitting our car. I was so shocked, then I wake up and remembered it very vividly. The creepiest thing happened later when I called to mum to ask how she was doing. She said that when she woke up and went out she found her car beaten badly. I was shocked to hear it.  

I have found one interesting article about lucid dreams https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sleep/how-to-lucid-dream . Have someone tried the reality testing? Does this method really exist? 

On 2/2/2021 at 9:37 AM, LKEEL75 said:

If I ever get enough sleep to actually dream then 90% of them are like watching a movie.  They are almost always 3rd person of other people.  (Guess I am a Morgan Freeman at heart).  However, there are times when I have dreams that I am in the dream and I love making myself fly.  It normally happens something to the effect of me jumping and I kind of launch off the ground and stay in the air longer and longer.  Kind of like:

After that I realize that this is a bunch of crap and start working on my superman pose.  And yes I do usually control where I am flying and it is usually places I went as a child.

I dream something similar to this as well. Mine starts with me being able to run really fast with no effort, and I can hold my feet in the air and glide for a bit while carrying the momentum. So like if I were a running back, I could blow past pretty much any one, and if I had to juke, I could just hold me feet off the ground for a bit while in motion, and take a second or so to think about which way I want to juke...maybe even through a fake in there, and spring any which way I decided to! lol....Always one of the best dream moments!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I started to get sleep paralysis in my early 20s..Still get it pretty often.  Its a very scary experience the first few times it happens. I learned a trick to snap me out of it....the only thing that I can move in that state are my eyeballs. If I alternate looking left and right really fast, it always snaps me out of it for some reason.   Sometimes I will choose to stay in that sort of state just to see what I may experience.  Sometimes you may see or hear something that you are just dreaming up! ....I sort of wuss out more often than not and snap myself out of it. Seems like I can never get used to the fear in that state. ......But ever since I found a way to control my sleep paralysis,  I can do the lucid dreaming here and there. ....Seems limited though. Its like I become aware of it in the middle of the dream, so the plot (or whatever) is kinda set, so its like I can do what I want or even alter things about the dream, but its sorta centered around what I was already unconsciously dreaming...if that makes sense.....I mean,  I cant be dreaming that Im in the rocky mountains and decide Id rather be dreaming Im in a space ship or something.  Still a good experience though!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

I started to get sleep paralysis in my early 20s..Still get it pretty often.  Its a very scary experience the first few times it happens. I learned a trick to snap me out of it....the only thing that I can move in that state are my eyeballs. If I alternate looking left and right really fast, it always snaps me out of it for some reason.   Sometimes I will choose to stay in that sort of state just to see what I may experience.  Sometimes you may see or hear something that you are just dreaming up! ....I sort of wuss out more often than not and snap myself out of it. Seems like I can never get used to the fear in that state. ......But ever since I found a way to control my sleep paralysis,  I can do the lucid dreaming here and there. ....Seems limited though. Its like I become aware of it in the middle of the dream, so the plot (or whatever) is kinda set, so its like I can do what I want or even alter things about the dream, but its sorta centered around what I was already unconsciously dreaming...if that makes sense.....I mean,  I cant be dreaming that Im in the rocky mountains and decide Id rather be dreaming Im in a space ship or something.  Still a good experience though!

So I clicked my reaction as soon as I saw "sleep paralysis"- yikes- but that's a hell of a silver lining towards the end. Great descriptions of both. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So I clicked my reaction as soon as I saw "sleep paralysis"- yikes- but that's a hell of a silver lining towards the end. Great descriptions of both. 

My first experience with sleep Paralysis was horrible! Ill never forget it....Its a pretty good story, so I figured id go ahead an share it.  ...So I was alone in my apartment asleep. I heard a loud knock on my door that woke me up. I opened my eyes and I could see the clock, it was like 3:45am. I laid there and again...another loud knock at the door...This time it was like a pissed off impatient sort of knock. I tried to get up this time and realized I couldnt move anything but my eyeballs. I started to freak out about that, and then the door knocks again, this time even more frantically and loud.....I start to go into a panic. Im trying to muster all my strength just to move just a little bit, and I cant....I also got somebody who obviously wants in at 3:45 am! ...it was already overwhelming.....then I heard what sounded like kicks at the door, like whoever it was was  trying to kick in the door. ..After 3 or 4 kicks I finally heard the door break free...By this time, the whole fight or flight was rolling big time!   but I couldnt do either!  No words could describe that feeling of helplessness and panic all while you have no ability to move a muscle!......So there I am, I can see around the room but only within the span of what my eye sockets would allow. I could see my bedroom door which was closed, and there was a lamp in the living room that allowed me to see the light under the door. ...I started to see the shadows that you would see if somebody was walking around the door. ...pure horror sets in...... I tried to yell out at the top of my lungs , all I could muster was a faint barely audible sound in my throat.  Im fighting with all my might just to move, and I finally find a way to kind of work or shimmy myself over in the direction of the side of the bed. I remember being afraid that if I fell off the bed legs first, my muscles wouldn't be able to support my skeletal structure and that I might dislocate my legs because I was like jello, but I was willing to give it a try....had no clue what would it would help or what would happen, I just had to do something!! ...Finally the more I worked at getting across the bed, the more it brought me to. Finally it all just lifted and I was able to move again!...I ran out the door to see who was there and there was nobody...no busted in doors or anything. I was basically dreaming that all up and it kinda mixed in with what I could see in real time while in that state! It was total craziness!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

My first experience with sleep Paralysis was horrible! Ill never forget it....Its a pretty good story, so I figured id go ahead an share it.  ...So I was alone in my apartment asleep. I heard a loud knock on my door that woke me up. I opened my eyes and I could see the clock, it was like 3:45am. I laid there and again...another loud knock at the door...This time it was like a pissed off impatient sort of knock. I tried to get up this time and realized I couldnt move anything but my eyeballs. I started to freak out about that, and then the door knocks again, this time even more frantically and loud.....I start to go into a panic. Im trying to muster all my strength just to move just a little bit, and I cant....I also got somebody who obviously wants in at 3:45 am! ...it was already overwhelming.....then I heard what sounded like kicks at the door, like whoever it was was  trying to kick in the door. ..After 3 or 4 kicks I finally heard the door break free...By this time, the whole fight or flight was rolling big time!   but I couldnt do either!  No words could describe that feeling of helplessness and panic all while you have no ability to move a muscle!......So there I am, I can see around the room but only within the span of what my eye sockets would allow. I could see my bedroom door which was closed, and there was a lamp in the living room that allowed me to see the light under the door. ...I started to see the shadows that you would see if somebody was walking around the door. ...pure horror sets in...... I tried to yell out at the top of my lungs , all I could muster was a faint barely audible sound in my throat.  Im fighting with all my might just to move, and I finally find a way to kind of work or shimmy myself over in the direction of the side of the bed. I remember being afraid that if I fell off the bed legs first, my muscles wouldn't be able to support my skeletal structure and that I might dislocate my legs because I was like jello, but I was willing to give it a try....had no clue what would it would help or what would happen, I just had to do something!! ...Finally the more I worked at getting across the bed, the more it brought me to. Finally it all just lifted and I was able to move again!...I ran out the door to see who was there and there was nobody...no busted in doors or anything. I was basically dreaming that all up and it kinda mixed in with what I could see in real time while in that state! It was total craziness!!

Welp. Now when people talk about movie scenes that they have to cover their eyes for, I know I'll have a better one than they do.

I'm not yet fully unclenched from reading that. 

I've had dreams where I couldn't do anything, but they were just dreams. No element of reality. Still scary as hell so I truly can't imagine adding a healthy element of reality to it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Welp. Now when people talk about movie scenes that they have to cover their eyes for, I know I'll have a better one than they do.

I'm not yet fully unclenched from reading that. 

I've had dreams where I couldn't do anything, but they were just dreams. No element of reality. Still scary as hell so I truly can't imagine adding a healthy element of reality to it. 

Luckily, that was the worst of all of them. It sorta set the tone in a way for the other times. I would wake up in that state, and although nothing goes on, there was that fear that something might happen like that again.  After so many times of that, and so much research...I found an article that had an interview with Cheryle Crow of all things. She mentioned the eye movement thing to snap out of it. When it worked, ...man it was the just best thing!...Now I can snap out of them when I choose to.  I sometimes get curious as to what I may see or hear, but i quikly get out of my comfort zone. . So far though, the only visuals were the foot shadows under the door. As for sounds, Ive only experienced that 3 or 4 times. ...The knocking from the above story,...there was another time, in that same apartment where I heard what sounded like the guys at work hanging out talking, which wasn't too threatning......a 3rd time though, I heard what sounded like a demon in my closet growling and trying to speak! ....I knew the trick to snap out of it then though...thank god! lol...that was definitely pretty freaky.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Yes. The plot is set before when you are just dreaming. I am not able to change the plot either, but I can alter the course of where the dream goes once I become aware. Like I said...my go to is to fly. It is the most unbelievable feeling. I feel the wind under me...I feel that funny feeling in my stomach like if you are falling. It is incredible to experience. I have also punch walls down. I have even taken dreams into Rate R town hehe...literally...if you can imagine it...you can do it in a lucid dream. 

Sleep paralysis is another one that is very interesting. I have had it several times. Yes I have had family members talk to me that weren't even there while I was under. 

On 4/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, DavidJo23 said:

I have found one interesting article about lucid dreams https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sleep/how-to-lucid-dream . Have someone tried the reality testing? Does this method really exist? 

So those methods are similar to what I use. Like the article mentioned using a mirror to look and see if your reflection looks normal, I use a clock or watch. In normal life...while I am awake..any time I check the time I will look at the clock glance away and glance back it. I trained doing this to where it became second nature. Took about 6 months. So now if I am in a dream I will check my watch or a clock and if you glance away and back to the clock it will either not be there at all or the time will be completely different. That's the best method I have. It has really made my lucid dreaming take off. 

As for the rest of the article, dream markers are also a good way. Most dreams have lots of things that just don't make a lot of sense if you pay attention. Learning to recognize those things is another way.

I wish I could do the wake initiated lucid dreaming. Probably a good thing I can't. I would just sit in dreamland 247 and never leave!!!

On 2/2/2021 at 8:37 AM, LKEEL75 said:

Mine I don't really jump...I just kind of get the desire to fly and I just think it into existence if that makes sense. It just happens. I can go anywhere and turn and go higher or lower whatever. More times than not...there are a lot of people around and I end up hoovering up above them watching lol. IT's a trip.

7 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Wow. Thanks for sharing that. . I had one about a year ago that scared me, but not in the sense of the horror that you had. I woke up with sleep paralysis and my wife was trying to talk to me and she was very concerned. I couldn't really make out what she was saying though. You could hear the urgency in her voice. I finally snapped out of it and she wasn't there. It was a dream. I was conscious and I realized it was all a dream. Then my wife walks in and starts talking to me frantically again and again I just can't make sense of what she is saying and I can't move or talk again. I was STILL dreaming. This happened like 3-4 times in a row. I never actually woke up a single time, but I dreamed I was waking up. IT was very nerve wracking and it actually took a mental toll on me. I had a hard time all day distinguishing reality. 

6 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Luckily, that was the worst of all of them. It sorta set the tone in a way for the other times. I would wake up in that state, and although nothing goes on, there was that fear that something might happen like that again.  After so many times of that, and so much research...I found an article that had an interview with Cheryle Crow of all things. She mentioned the eye movement thing to snap out of it. When it worked, ...man it was the just best thing!...Now I can snap out of them when I choose to.  I sometimes get curious as to what I may see or hear, but i quikly get out of my comfort zone. . So far though, the only visuals were the foot shadows under the door. As for sounds, Ive only experienced that 3 or 4 times. ...The knocking from the above story,...there was another time, in that same apartment where I heard what sounded like the guys at work hanging out talking, which wasn't too threatning......a 3rd time though, I heard what sounded like a demon in my closet growling and trying to speak! ....I knew the trick to snap out of it then though...thank god! lol...that was definitely pretty freaky.

The ole demon hit you, too? I had a shadow man with a demon voice that was standing at the foot of my bed. and I closed my eyes and opened them hopng he was no longer there. He was now sitting at the foot of the bed. That was the worst experience for me. All the while paralyzed. Man...giving myself chills reliving it now. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Wow. Thanks for sharing that. . I had one about a year ago that scared me, but not in the sense of the horror that you had. I woke up with sleep paralysis and my wife was trying to talk to me and she was very concerned. I couldn't really make out what she was saying though. You could hear the urgency in her voice. I finally snapped out of it and she wasn't there. It was a dream. I was conscious and I realized it was all a dream. Then my wife walks in and starts talking to me frantically again and again I just can't make sense of what she is saying and I can't move or talk again. I was STILL dreaming. This happened like 3-4 times in a row. I never actually woke up a single time, but I dreamed I was waking up. IT was very nerve wracking and it actually took a mental toll on me. I had a hard time all day distinguishing reality. 

The ole demon hit you, too? I had a shadow man with a demon voice that was standing at the foot of my bed. and I closed my eyes and opened them hopng he was no longer there. He was now sitting at the foot of the bed. That was the worst experience for me. All the while paralyzed. Man...giving myself chills reliving it now. 

Yeah thats sorta what im afraid of... seeing something or even hearing something that would seriously disturb me even more than the other times...I actually left a bit out with the demon growl in the one dream. it did speak but I won't say in verbatim what I heard...but it basically growled and told me in the most filthy way possible that it basically rapes my father in hell. My dad had died like 3 months prior to that. ...It freaked me out pretty good. ...I knew was just a dream,....at the same time, I felt I couldn't  possibly have imagined a statement anywhere near that evil,  so there was an element to it that required a little self discipline to reel in the wandering thoughts.  I had to keep reminding myself for awhile there, that it was all just my imagination and nothing more lol. ...so yeah, I definitely know when your in that state, your pretty open to some pretty traumatic type stuff!

• Like 1