2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Under valued and here's why. He was playing in an offense that didn't fit him well in 2019. For the 2020 season, the coaches changed the system AND played a bunch of 5A and 6A schools AND improved his stats dramatically. QBs commit early and these coaches didn't dilly dally around for a 2022 QB they liked. It's a different day as far as QB evaluating and coaching now.

ETA - all indications are we'll take 2 QBs in 2022 for depth. I'd love for it to be Bailey, but Bama was probably the leader before Sark left. Now? :gofig:

To wit:

On 2/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, McLoofus said:

Interesting notes from his coach in the Savannah paper (Geriner's decision was the lead story this morning, btw):

• 2 weeks later...

Probably needs to hold that ball higher, right? 

He'll get bumped during the season. He's got a live arm and I think he's got a quick motion. 

Geriner shines...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Turns out one of my clients I met with in Savannah this past week is family friends with the Geriner family.  I was told he is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Helluva window right there. I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago but I love his size. Get him in a D1 weight room with a professional staff. Kid could be huge. Like mentioned above, he will definitely get a bump in ratings. No way he stays a 3*

Just now, bigbird said:

Great result, but the safer, smarter pass is to the shallow cross from the left slot after he cleared the MLB.

Where have I seen this analysis before? 🤔 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Great result, but the safer, smarter pass is to the shallow cross from the left slot after he cleared the MLB.

Gus, are you on this board again?

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Gus, are you on this board again?

You didn't see the wildcat out of the sugar huddle, did you?

• Haha 2

I need to talk to my Coastal GA coaches and get a good rundown on this guy. I like the fact he’s been at Benedictine though, it is a very, very, well run program.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Using a 300# freshman??

Or a Full Back doing a whirly what ever the heck it was...

• Haha 2

This staff found this kid early before he was really well known and has him in the fold. If he keeps showing out like this he will be a composite 4*.  This gives me confidence in this part of the staff's skill in finding talent at the QB position and they already have shown at other programs that they can develop QB's, Caddy in a short time has done well in finding RB's now to see how we do in the other two parts of the Offensive recruiting O-Line and WR. Friend has a good reputation in O-line recruiting lets see if he can do it at Auburn. WR is least known recruiter but I like him only time will tell.

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

Same thought I had.  Reminded me of Bo's throw for TD yet there were 2 open guys shorter that would have been smarter throws

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The hell does Gus Malzahn know about a shallow cross? 

Ha. It isn't the shallow cross called by Gus(that was his OC :)), but Gus told the QB to NOT throw it till the WR crossed the hash mark towards the sideline... 🙃

• Haha 1

Video: Auburn QB commit Holden Geriner at NFA 7on7 East Regional

By Steve Wiltfong

MYRTLE BEACH, SC - Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School quarterback Holden Geriner is a stock-up prospect as the Top247 updates soon, coming off a junior season where he took a huge step forward in his progress.

The Auburn commit threw for nearly double the yards (2,770 compared to 1,405) on only 30 more pass attempts (264 compared to 234), making good on 70 more completions (109 to 179). The touchdowns went up from from 14 to 25 and maybe most importantly the interceptions dropped from 12 to 3.

“I just matured,” Geriner said over the weekend at the NFA 7-on-7 East Regional. “I made a lot better decisions throwing the ball, tried limiting my interceptions, that helped a lot. I felt a lot more confident.”

That confidence carried over to the setting in Myrtle Beach where the 6-foot-3, 210-pound Geriner used his strong arm to rifle completions into small windows, part of a steady performance from the Peach State passer.

You can see more from Geriner in the video above.

“I want to take another big step as a senior and do everything I can to keep growing and do everything I can to win a state championship,” Geriner said.

Geriner committed to Auburn on Feb. 1. His offer list included Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee, West Virginia and Arkansas.

“Obviously the coaches with Coach (Bryan) Harsin and Coach (Mike) Bobo,” Geriner said. “They’re both quarterbacks and I think they’re going to develop me in their system. When I went there and visited campus I just fell in love with the campus. It’s the perfect place for me.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1