2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well spoken, smart, humble... I really like this kid. He’s got high expectations but also realistic. Hope he has a monster senior season and gets a fifth star! Great post e!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Did UGA offer him?

Yes, but I’m not sure how high they were on him.

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Yes, but I’m not sure how high they were on him.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@homersapienUnlikely a take for them since they landed Gunner Stockton.

Man, it would be so sweet for him to lead us to a victory over the dawgs!

:wareagle:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Man, it would be so sweet for him anyone to lead us to a victory over the dawgs!

I won't say FIFY, because I understand what you're saying, but I will say that I agree with you even more with one small adjustment. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

A heads up for our Twitter guys @Paladin. @Zeekand others. Gerenier is participating in a camp in Atlanta today against a lot of the best quarterbacks from the southeast. If y’all can post any updates that would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Watch: Auburn QB commit Holden Geriner at Elite 11 regionals

By KEITH NIEBUHR 3 hours ago

CARROLLTON, Ga., -- Competing against some of the best quarterbacks in the country at Sunday's Elite 11 Regional in Georgia, Auburn quarterback commit Holden Geriner of Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School more than held his own.

In fact, he was one of 247Sports' Top Performers at the event (read HERE).

"I think I did pretty well," Geriner said. "Obviously, I could have improved on a few things but I think I did overall pretty well."

For Geriner, it was another strong showing in 2021. He also performed well at the NFA Myrtle Beach 7on7 event in February.

This success isn't a surprise. Geriner, the No. 9 pro-style quarterback nationally for 247Sports, threw for 2,770 yards and 25 touchdowns to just three interceptions in 2020.

Sunday, he showed off a big arm and for the most part was highly accurate.

"I think the throws that were the most challenging, like on the run, just when they pushed everybody to the max, I think I did really well," Geriner said.

Geriner committed to the Tigers on Feb. 1. He said Sunday his bond with the Auburn staff, particularly offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Mike Bobo, has only strengthened since that time.

"We have a great relationship," Geriner said. "We talk almost every single day. ... He's just ready to work and we're both super excited. It's going to be great."

Geriner recently earned a fourth star from 247Sports. He said other recruits -- players he has targeted -- have taken notice of that.

"Everybody kind of secretly looks at whether it's a three or four or 5-star -- or whatever it is," Geriner said. "I think it definitely plays a role into recruiting."

Edited by Paladin
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

This kid is going to be a steal. One of those Aaron Murray efficient types 

No doubt. I like this kid every bit as much as Gunner Stockton.

I saw the interview he had at Elite 11 with a few of his highlights. Were there any reports on how he compared to the other QB's this weekend?

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Were there any reports on how he compared to the other QB's this weekend?

@AuburnNTexas not too much and there were differing opinions on how he did. One person thought he did really well and was pretty consistent. 247 sports thought he pretty much just had an OK day. They spoke more about how good he was at the camp a couple weeks ago and about his arm being live than how he actually did yesterday.

Watch: Auburn QB commit Holden Geriner at Elite 11 regionals

ByKeith Niebuhr 23 hours ago
  •  
  •  
  •  

CARROLLTON, Ga., -- Competing against some of the best quarterbacks in the country at Sunday's Elite 11 Regional in Georgia, Auburn quarterback commit Holden Geriner of Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School more than held his own.

In fact, he was one of 247Sports' Top Performers at the event (read HERE).

"I think I did pretty well," Geriner said. "Obviously, I could have improved on a few things but I think I did overall pretty well."

For Geriner, it was another strong showing in 2021. He also performed well at the NFA Myrtle Beach 7on7 event in February.

This success isn't a surprise. Geriner, the No. 9 pro-style quarterback nationally for 247Sports, threw for 2,770 yards and 25 touchdowns to just three interceptions in 2020.

Sunday, he showed off a big arm and for the most part was highly accurate.

"I think the throws that were the most challenging, like on the run, just when they pushed everybody to the max, I think I did really well," Geriner said.

Geriner committed to the Tigers on Feb. 1. He said Sunday his bond with the Auburn staff, particularly offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Mike Bobo, has only strengthened since that time.

*** Get 30% off an annual subscription and receive the latest Auburn recruiting and team scoops ***

*** Get FREE Auburn breaking news in your inbox ***

Get the fastest scores, news, videos and more. Download the CBS Sports App and get the latest on your team today.

"We have a great relationship," Geriner said. "We talk almost every single day. ... He's just ready to work and we're both super excited. It's going to be great."

Geriner recently earned a fourth star from 247Sports. He said other recruits -- players he has targeted -- have taken notice of that.

"Everybody kind of secretly looks at whether it's a three or four or 5-star -- or whatever it is," Geriner said. "I think it definitely plays a role into recruiting."

9COMMENTS

You can watch our full interview with Geriner along with video highlights from Sunday up above.

-You can follow Holden Geriner on Twitter HERE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Watch: Holden Geriner at Elite 11 regionals

Already in his thread from yesterday 

I think the one point of coaching is probably the most obvious.  He holds the ball at his waist.  It lengthens his delivery (which seems pretty quick even with bad ball positioning).  Doesn't seem like it would be to difficult to fix.

He does seem to throw without his lower body.  Like he doesn't have a solid consistent base.  Which just kind of goes to how strong his arm is.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I think the one point of coaching is probably the most obvious.  He holds the ball at his waist.  It lengthens his delivery (which seems pretty quick even with bad ball positioning).  Doesn't seem like it would be to difficult to fix.

He does seem to throw without his lower body.  Like he doesn't have a solid consistent base.  Which just kind of goes to how strong his arm is.

I think he said in an interview that getting the ball up was something he’s working on after camp feedback, so he’s aware of it.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

I think he said in an interview that getting the ball up was something he’s working on after camp feedback, so he’s aware of it.

Yeah.  My post was in response to his interview and the coaching he got

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah.  My post was in response to his interview and the coaching he got

When do they let them know if they are invited to next level of elite 11?

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

When do they let them know if they are invited to next level of elite 11?

@Hank2020The ones who don’t get an immediate invite find out randomly throughout the year till about the last two weeks before the elite 11 Finals in the Summer.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Hank2020The ones who don’t get an immediate invite find out randomly throughout the year till about the last two weeks before the elite 11 Finals in the Summer.

Gotcha. Thx for the info.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:11 AM, W.E.D said:

When I watch him throw, I see he doesn't have an exaggerated forward step but he's definately shifting his weight from his back to front foot.  He's a great prospect and I look forward to seeing what Bobo & Harsin can make of him.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

When I watch him throw, I see he doesn't have an exaggerated forward step but he's definately shifting his weight from his back to front foot.  He's a great prospect and I look forward to seeing what Bobo & Harsin can make of him.    

Yeah agree on the later part.  QBs don't like to wait, we'll see if he's OK to sit for 3 years.