2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

47 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

we'll see if he's OK to sit for 3 years.

Not sure he will have to sit 3. Even though we have Davis he was not an original Harsin/Bobo recruit. No guarantee he will beat out Geriner when Bo leaves.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not sure he will have to sit 3. Even though we have Davis he was not an original Harsin/Bobo recruit. No guarantee he will beat out Geriner when Bo leaves.

Yeah, it'll be an open competition when ever Bo leaves. I didn't want to trigger the masses that love DD

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also hard to imagine anyone starting 3 full seasons anymore, unless they start as a true FR like Bo. 

19 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah agree on the later part.  QBs don't like to wait, we'll see if he's OK to sit for 3 years.

We’ll see what actually happens. DD could leave who knows. I don’t care who the QB is, I want to beat Georgia. 

• Like 1

We have a HS player who hasn't even signed an NLI because that isn't till December at the earliest and we are already talking about whether he will be able to beat out a player who just signed and arrived early who we haven't seen even play in a spring game. I think this is the old tale of putting the cart before the horses.  Let's see how DD does this Spring and how Geriner and maybe DD look this fall before stating a who should be our QB conversation down the road conversation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We have a HS player who hasn't even signed an NLI because that isn't till December at the earliest and we are already talking about whether he will be able to beat out a player who just signed and arrived early who we haven't seen even play in a spring game. I think this is the old tale of putting the cart before the horses.  Let's see how DD does this Spring and how Geriner and maybe DD look this fall before stating a who should be our QB conversation down the road conversation.

Actually, they're saying the same thing you are. We don' t know a single thing about either of them at the college level, so there's no more reason to anoint Davis than there is Geriner. 

And I'm saying this as a huge, huge fan of Davis the recruit. Now I hit the reset button and just hope that we get better and consistently good QB play going forward, no matter the name on the jersey. 

• Like 2

247 composite still rates him as 3*, and that's what matters. Do we expect his composite to rise?

Edited by AUwent

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

247 composite still rates him as 3*, and that's what matters. Do we expect his composite to rise?

I don’t know about we but I think he will be a composite 4 star before he signs in December.

57 minutes ago, AUwent said:

@AUwentYes. He will be evaluated at least three or four more times before signing day by 247 alone.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I don’t know about we but I think he will be a composite 4 star before he signs in December.

I think it will be before my birthday in July.

I understand that coaches Harsin and Bobo are real on Jackson from Indiana. If we could land Geriner and Jackson, that would be a powerful 1 2 punch.

Edited by auburn4ever

One thing I like when watching him is when he is rolling out he sets his feet before he throws. I realize there are time when rolling out because of pressure you can't take that little bit of extra time to set your feet. I saw Bo rollout a bunch this year and sometimes the rollout set up the tackle to pick up the block so Bo had time to stop and set feet but didn't.  

I also realize since there really is no pressure and the QB knows it in these type camps that it is different then in a game. 

just looks smooth and casual.  

Edited by Beaker

• 2 weeks later...

He looks like a big kid with a live arm to me. Hope he improves some fundamentals (holding the ball a little higher to get rid of that little hitch) but man he looks talented and underrated to me

• 1 month later...

Will TJ Finley affect Geriner’s status as AU commit?   I hope not.  I really like this kid (but next game as coach will be my 1st!)

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

Will TJ Finley affect Geriner’s status as AU commit?   I hope not.  I really like this kid (but next game as coach will be my 1st!)

I sincerely doubt it, but I have no inside information about the situation.

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Finley will be JR and Bo a Senior when Geriner comes on board. Unless he thinks he is a bonafide starter, which is ranking doesn't indicate he is, I think he will like sitting behind an experienced signal caller for at least a year...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

I think H.G. is a confident fellow. I don't think it has any bearing on his status. I also think he loves Hars and Bobo as well as AU. He has said to be recruiting pretty hard for AU.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

I doubt it unless he thought he was coming in year 1 and starting. HG’s competition will be Dee Davis down the line as long as he doesn’t transfer 

• 3 weeks later...

Elite QB event gives Auburn commit Holden Geriner an invite

By KEITH NIEBUHR 3 hours ago

Auburn quarterback commit Holden Geriner is headed to the Elite 11 finals. The 4-star recruit from Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School received an invite to the prestigious event Tuesday and he accepted.

“I mean, it’s absolutely a dream come true from so many years ago -- a childhood dream," Geriner said.

This year's Elite 11 Finals will take place June 30 through July 3 in Los Angeles. Geriner, the No. 12 pro-style quarterback nationally in the 247Sports rankings, took part in two Elite 11 regional camps (Georgia, Orlando) in hopes of earning this invite.

In California, he will join touted quarterback prospects such as 5-star Quinn Ewers, the nation's No. 1 overall recruit, and 5-star SEC commits Walker Howard (LSU) and Ty Simpson (Alabama). These players will work under the direction of former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer.

"I know it's the nation's premier quarterback competition, so I want to go there and learn as much as I possibly can," Geriner said. "And obviously, I want to meet the other quarterbacks before we go off to college, make some relationships and have a good time."

Geriner will be in Auburn on Thursday to camp with Tigers offensive coordinator Mike Bobo and head coach Bryan Harsin. He then plans to stick around in Auburn through Saturday to help the Tigers recruit.

• Like 4
  • Love 2