2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

Keith says he's better than his rating
Thinks we get 1 of him or Ty Simpson
Says staff likes him as much as Ty
13 early offers including AU, LSU, Cincy, FSU, UGA, Michigan, Vols, & WVU

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Must have a lot of arm talent, because he doesn't step into may of his throws 

Yup. Good completion percentage but his feet look a little clunky and I don't like how he looks like he loads up before throwing. 

I trust the staff but I have a hard time thinking he's the same caliber as Simpson. If Simpson isn't a realistic option than fine but a kid ranked in the 500s vs kid in the 40s range... that would be a historicly underrated player if they end up being equal.

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

a kid ranked in the 500s vs kid in the 40s range.

@Zeek Holden will be ranked much higher than he is now by the end of the cycle.

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

that would be a historicly underrated player if they end up being equal.

Not really. There are many instances of guys ranked in the 500s panning out as good or better than recruits in the top 50.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t see anything wrong with feet or throwing motion. Everything looks pretty sound to me

i-see-no-problem-here-crazy-eyes.gif

• Haha 2

Kablooey!!!

• Haha 3

2022 QB Holden Geriner commits to Auburn

4 minutes ago

It didn't take new Auburn coach Bryan Harsin and his offensive coordinator, Mike Bobo, very long to land a quarterback.

Holden Geriner, a 2022 signal caller from Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School, has committed to the Tigers. Auburn offered Geriner in 2020 under the former staff, then Harsin and Bobo re-offered last week. 

Now, he's Auburn bound.

"When you look at the new staff, all of their coaches have great resumes and records in the past," Geriner said.

Geriner, who is 6-feet-3, 215 pounds, is a 3-star recruit and the No. 23 pro-style quarterback in the county for 247Sports. He’s coming off a season in which he completed 68 percent of his passes for 2,770 yards, 25 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. He had four 300-yard games and threw picks in only two of 11 outings. 

Geriner was a Class 4A All-State selection.

“(Bobo) just said he watched my film and they were all extremely impressed,” Geriner said last week. “He said that I looked incredible and he wanted to offer. That was nice. (Bobo) is a very nice guy. Obviously, he’s had a lot of success in his past."

Geriner hinted last week he was close to making a commitment.

8COMMENTS

“I’m hoping to have one kind of in the near future — not too far away,” Geriner said.

Geriner is commitment No. 3 for Auburn in the 2022 class. However, one of those pledges, cornerback Brian Dilworth of Florida, told Auburn Undercover last week he hadn't yet heard from the new Auburn staff.

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

I really liked his tape. Has a big arm and threw it on a rope in a couple of those clips. Also a big stout looking QB that can get some of those tough yards between the tackle. Way better looking film than the 4* i watched last week which was just a bunch of zone read clips. 

5 hours ago, chizhead said:

I love his throwing motion. This guy is a good looking QB and why he is only rated3 * I have no idea

I haven’t been able to watch his film yet but typically guys that play at small schools aren’t ranked as high for some reason. If he’s as good as everyone is saying then he’ll definitely rise once he goes to camps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yup. Good completion percentage but his feet look a little clunky and I don't like how he looks like he loads up before throwing. 

Yea...kind of looks a little tebowish on his load up there, but he has a much faster and better release so I am not too concerned about it. 

I don't see him stepping into many throws, nor do I see him throw off his back foot much either. It seemed to me he plants his feet but uses all arm to throw. I believe he does have a very strong arm. Appears to make good decisions. I saw several plays where he could have taken a shot on the deep guy but he took the check downs instead. Overall a nice pickup. I think he will definitely work into 4 star status at least by next year.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

4A military school in Savannh... he might truly be a 3* but he might also be under-evaluated just from not really being on a big stage. 

Apparently Sophomore year he had 14 TDs to 12 INTs

This year he had something like 25 TDs to 3 INTs

I think he'll skyrocket up the board if he goes to some camps and has similar production in his senior year.

The 68% completion percentage and experience doing 3/5 step drops is a plus.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He reminds me of a typical Boise state QB

I think he's bigger & has more arm talent than a typical Boise QB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think he's bigger & has more arm talent than a typical Boise QB.

I didn’t see any special arm talent personally. Didn’t look weak but it didn’t like he had a cannon either 

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

I didn’t see any special arm talent personally. Didn’t look weak but it didn’t like he had a cannon either 

From the film, I believe with a little coaching from Bobo and Harsin, the kid can make any throw he needs to make. He threw some absolute ropes without even stepping into it. 

• Like 2