2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't buy into sentiment....I buy into evidence. The Bama bump is a real thing. I get it. I understand why it happens. CNS has solidified his view as among the best in the business. 

I think back in the rivals days, before it was sold to yahoo, it was pretty apparent.  But the scouting at these services has improve a lot over the last two decades.  They are pretty accurate with their rankings, especially the composites.  

I agree with E that an Aub commitment will get him some more exposure.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes let the negative responses flow bc we got a 3* QB. 

We'll be competing with Bama in no time at this pace 😉

You bama that just fielded arguably the best team of all time and sent their 3* QB to New York? That bama?

If you're going to be the Mr. Negarealist Pissypants character, you'd best come correct. Instead of being that counter argument we all need to hear, this just sounded stupid and uninformed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

So we've got a 9th TE?

• Haha 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

You bama that just fielded arguably the best team of all time and sent their 3* QB to New York? That bama?

If you're going to be the Mr. Negarealist Pissypants character, you'd best come correct. Instead of being that counter argument we all need to hear, this just sounded stupid and uninformed.

So let's look at the anecdotal outlier.  Recruit nothing but 3* and we're not going to be beating many in the SEC.

In Holden's Sr year, I'm going to be we don't have multiple NFL OLs, multiple 1st Rd WRs, and a Heisman RB.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I think back in the rivals days, before it was sold to yahoo, it was pretty apparent.  But the scouting at these services has improve a lot over the last two decades.  They are pretty accurate with their rankings, especially the composites.  

I agree with E that an Aub commitment will get him some more exposure.

I don't disagree that he will get more exposure, my argument is he would get more had he committed to one of the playoff "eigible" schools lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Recruit nothing but 3* and we're not going to be beating many in the SEC.

Okayyyy, now you're just making obvious statements with which not a single person would disagree but which also don't have anything to do with anything. 

By all means, turn on your charm if we get to August of 2022 and we don't have anything but 3*s. Until then, this was a really dumb response from you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Okayyyy, now you're just making obvious statements with which not a single person would disagree but which also don't have anything to do with anything. 

By all means, turn on your charm if we get to August of 2022 and we don't have anything but 3*s. Until then, this was a really dumb response from you. 

I'm not one using the "Ed Reed was a 2*" argument trying to convince myself that he's definitely going to be an elite QB b/c Bama had one

I’m no expert but I think that he looks pretty good. He throws a nice, accurate ball with some pace despite suboptimal mechanics. I guess we’ll see how it plays out but I’m willing to give Harsin and Bobo the benefit of the doubt for now. Still wouldn’t mind getting the Bailey kid as well

Edited by fredst
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not one using the "Ed Reed was a 2*" argument trying to convince myself that he's definitely going to be an elite QB b/c Bama had one

Who said anything about definitely? Now you're tripling down on dumbass.

You're the one who tried to go all sad trombone just because he's a 3*. It's the rest of us making the case that it's too early to tell. 

Like I said. That character that you're trying to play has a place, but you really need to be smart and well informed if you're going to play it. Otherwise, you're in for a lot of embarrassment. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who said anything about definitely?

Definitely not me b/c I said we'll see how it plays out

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

t's the rest of us making the case that it's too early to tell. 

You should do a better job reading my posts b/c I clearly did this.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That character that you're trying to play has a place

No character, sorry to disappoint you.  I'm real.

Just now, W.E.D said:

You should do a better job reading my posts b/c I clearly did this.

"Definitely underwhelming" was your final analysis. 

Perhaps you should do a better job of writing them?

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No character, sorry to disappoint you.  I'm real.

Oh, I'm aware that you're genuinely in need of the attention. 

Don't worry. This won't go on much longer. Certainly not in this kid's announcement thread. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

It does seem like we should consider taking a 2nd quarterback though just to hedge the bets a little.

Even if this kid's name was Stockton, I'd be in favor of taking a 2nd QB in this class. I think we will. 

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Even if this kid's name was Stockton, I'd be in favor of taking a 2nd QB in this class. I think we will. 

I like the Jacurri Brown kid as a flyer. His accuracy is bad but his ceiling is phenomenally high if he could be fixed in that category.

Just now, Zeek said:

I like the Jacurri Brown kid as a flyer. His accuracy is bad but his ceiling is phenomenally high if he could be fixed in that category.

I like a class of Geriner and Brown or I would take Bailey as well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's the rest of us making the case that it's too early to tell. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Definitely underwhelming" was your final analysis. 

Maybe you should actual read my entire post vs taking two words from the middle after I literally said I'm waiting to see how this plays out and then he might just need more evaluations.  

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Idk we'll let this play out, but definitely underwhelming. Maybe he needs more evaluation 

The receipts are here for everyone to see.  Don't lie to try and make yourself feel better.  That's pretty sad & def against The Creed

Edited by W.E.D

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Do we know how many QBs we're taking?  Seems so often anyone takes 2.  Bo could technically be here for 3 more years and be a Jr the 2022 class's freshman year.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, I'm aware that you're genuinely in need of the attention. 

Don't worry. This won't go on much longer. Certainly not in this kid's announcement thread. 

I mean, 🤷‍♂️....you're the one trying to pick an argument over a distorted out of context quote.  Continue if you'd like, everyone else appears to be having an adult conversation.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Do we know how many QBs we're taking?

@W.E.D No but it's expected we will try to take a 2nd QB since we don't have much depth there now.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@W.E.D No but it's expected we will try to take a 2nd QB since we don't have much depth there now.

We'll have 5 Qbs if we take a 2nd, right?.  Maybe the kid we took in 2018 will transfer, he was kind of a flier anyways IIRC

Brown is an athlete that needs to be taught how to be a QB.  His film is terrible as a passer....but he's a borderline top 100 kid.  Will be interesting if he joins another QB in the same class, especially if Holden gets re-evaluted and bumped.  QBs these days hate sitting, but he's a kid that probably doesn't need to see the field until he's a RS Soph

Edited by W.E.D

16 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm a little over guys who aren't accurate, unless he's in the sub-4.4 range and we think he's open to being moved. Really hoping the new staff doesn't have to resort to too many projects. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We'll have 5 Qbs if we take a 2nd, right?.  Maybe the kid we took in 2018 will transfer, he was kind of a flier anyways IIRC

Yes. Remains to be seen what the new staff thinks of Garnett though.

Plus the 2nd QB may be a transfers since Bo might need to be pushed by competition.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Remains to be seen what the new staff thinks of Garnett though.

Plus the 2nd QB may be a transfers since Bo might need to be pushed by competition.

I feel like a transfer is more likely and probably more needed

• Like 1

He has a very strong arm as a few have said he doesn't really step into it. He throws a really nice long ball that allows the receiver to get to it.  He is makes quick decisions and actually seems to go through progressions as you see some late throws to shorter routes when other routes are not open.  He looks thicker then what his his weight says at 6'3" 215 pounds. He does load up a bit when he throws but still gets rid of the ball quickly.

He throws well on the move again relying on his arm more than his feet. If he is coachable I think he may be a gem in the rough, I like players who can make the throw with their arms as long as they can be taught to step into most of the time.