2021 3 Star OT Adrien Strickland

AUgrad2013

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I think so too. As CBH says, it's about the fit and while MC would've fit, I think CBH fits a little better.

I had the feeling at the time MC  would see us as a ladder step but Hardin see’s a home.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I had the feeling at the time MC  would see us as a ladder step but Hardin see’s a home.

Not imo his been wanting the Auburn job for two years

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't kid yourself, MC would've been perfect for both culture and attitude. Where I think CBH is a better fit is with his experience in building and sustaining a program.  I'm excited for the future with CBH at the helm.

Building and sustaining the program is what I was trying to say and added toughness/culture. You should understand what I meant by what I didn’t say well. 😝 

Just now, toddc said:

You should understand what I meant by what I didn’t say well. 😝 

Remember you're talking to bird.........that should let you know all you need to

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Not imo his been wanting the Auburn job for two years

I'm not disputing you but do wonder what leads you to this conclusion. Has he made it known behind the scenes?

18 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Has he made it known behind the scenes?

Yes absolutely his been in contact for over two years with certain PTB and had already supplied a list of the asst. coaches he would have.  

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:
2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Has he made it known behind the scenes?

Yes absolutely his been in contact for over two years with certain PTB and had already supplied a list of the asst. coaches he would have.

Still astounds me that we managed to f*** this up. Looking forward to seeing what Harsin does but damn I wanted MC and the sick staff he was going to bring

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Still astounds me that we managed to f*** this up. Looking forward to seeing what Harsin does but damn I wanted MC and the sick staff he was going to bring

Maybe in the long run it will come out better with Harsin but MC would have been unreal imo

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Maybe in the long run it will come out better with Harsin but MC would have been unreal imo

You still think this even though he lost to Oregon State? Do you remember that Gus beat Saban 3 times?

10 hours ago, fredst said:

You still think this even though he lost to Oregon State? Do you remember that Gus beat Saban 3 times?

I know call me an idiot!!! cue bird

On 2/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, bigbird said:

The only truths that I heard throughout the search was Cristobal, his proposed assistants list, Sark's interview, and Napier's pay demand. The rest was just noise.

Who were some of Cristobals key assistants?  Don't think I ever saw that.  I guess it would have been a little bama heavy...wonder how that would have potentially worked out with Sark leaving and brining folks with him.

I'll be interesting to see how Mario continues to do in Oregon.  He's an elite recruiter, would have been one here too...but I probably more hesitant about his actual coaching abilities than Harsin.  MC seems to constantly lose games to bad opponents.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who were some of Cristobals key assistants?  Don't think I ever saw that.  I guess it would have been a little bama heavy...wonder how that would have potentially worked out with Sark leaving and brining folks with him.

I'll be interesting to see how Mario continues to do in Oregon.  He's an elite recruiter, would have been one here too...but I probably more hesitant about his actual coaching abilities than Harsin.  MC seems to constantly lose games to bad opponents.

Harsin>>>>>>ChrystalBall

35 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've seen it & know it's on this site somewhere but can't find it. I don't remember it being Bama heavy though. @bigbirdcan you help us out?

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I've seen it & know it's on this site somewhere but can't find it. I don't remember it being Bama heavy though. @bigbirdcan you help us out?

I can't find the text, but a couple I remember we're Dell and Tosh. Also Longo had been mentioned as possible OC.

@bigbird Said, I  can't find the text, but a couple I remember we're Dell and Tosh. Also Longo had been mentioned as possible OC.

Man, I went back through some of those coaching search threads looking for it and it gave me a 🤕 headache. I hope we don’t go through that again for a long time.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

@bigbird I can't find the text, but a couple I remember we're Dell and Tosh. Also Longo had been mentioned as possible OC.

Man, I went back through some of those coaching search threads looking for it and it gave me a 🤕 headache. I hope we don’t go through that again for a long time.

Notice after MC fell through there were certain posters that weren't posting in it or weren't giving info.

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't kid yourself, MC would've been perfect for both culture and attitude. Where I think CBH is a better fit is with his experience in building and sustaining a program.  I'm excited for the future with CBH at the helm.

Coach Harsin is rubbing off on you already -

"better fit"     

Archived