T-Will to Miami to UCF as DC

Tigerpro2a

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He won't be talking behind Manny's back and undermining his operation either. He will do what he is paid to do, recruit. Someone else will have to do the coaching. 

My understanding was that T-Will was neutral in the whole thing and it was Steele and CRG that was doing the talking.  Is that incorrect?

13 hours ago, toddc said:

I think his attitude fits well at the U

Please elaborate on this.  Seems like we have a bunch of innuendos and beating around the bush regarding "him"

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well I hope we can get the same attitude then

Yeah, his attitude was something I loved having here. He was alpha dog when he played and as a coach(maybe rubbed some the wrong way- but I loved it). He was able to instill that attitude to his players, aka- KJ, McClain, Deshaun, etc...

I think more of our coaches will have this attitude with CBH’s coaching philosophy installed over time.

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

My understanding was that T-Will was neutral in the whole thing and it was Steele and CRG that was doing the talking.  Is that incorrect?

My understanding is that Carnell and T-Will are the ones that brought the whole thing to Gus's attention and that the athletic department was NOT a fun place that day. 

Edit: If I'm wrong maybe either @RunInRed or

@WarDamnEagleWDE can correct me.

42 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

My understanding is that Carnell and T-Will are the ones that brought the whole thing to Gus's attention and that the athletic department was NOT a fun place that day. 

Damn!

I think as long as they have Manny call Ds, he'll be put into an incredibly successful situation off rip. He still should do well there, that's an area and program that better fits his personality, and I think he's a similar mind to Manny. I hope he becomes a star there

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think as long as they have Manny call Ds, he'll be put into an incredibly successful situation off rip. He still should do well there, that's an area and program that better fits his personality, and I think he's a similar mind to Manny. I hope he becomes a star there

I've always liked Manny's defense, but then I love fire zone concepts

4 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Edit: If I'm wrong maybe either @RunInRed or

@WarDamnEagleWDE can correct me.

If that’s the case, I respect him more for it. If you don’t like the head coach, go somewhere else. Don’t stage a coup within the program. Regardless on feelings toward Gus, what happened with Steele and Garner was unacceptable and unprofessional, and I don’t fault Caddy or T Will for telling Gus about it. 

And yes, I’m sure it was not a fun place to be on that day. That’s on Steele and his alleged supporters who tried to back door him into the head coach job.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

What was the issue? Pm?

Well, I can't confirm it, but that's what I heard, also. It was Phillip Marshall who ran him off. I don't believe a word of it, though...can you imagine PM running anywhere?

35 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Well, I can't confirm it, but that's what I heard, also. It was Phillip Marshall who ran him off. I don't believe a word of it, though...can you imagine PM running anywhere?

Into a Krispy Kreme maybe

People really trying to down him.....once again, it doesn't matter how much you do for your school fans are fickle. They will flip on you in a minute. Don't ever make a decision based on being loyal to them or feel like you owe anything. Make the best decision for you.

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People really trying to down him.....once again, it doesn't matter how much you do for your school fans are fickle. They will flip on you in a minute. Don't ever make a decision based on being loyal to them or feel like you owe anything. Make the best decision for you.

I 100% agree that fans are fickle.  Personally I loved what TWill brought.  However, there were several people on the forum that have repeatedly said there are instances where TWill's actions undermined the coaching staff with recruits.  I won't go into all the messages and threads regarding this.  You are welcome to search and find them.  Again I don't disagree that fans will immediately through a coach or recruit under the bus over, but I don't think this was one of the times.

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean, the man stepped up for his alma mater and brought our linebackers back to as close to when he played here as we have seen. T-Will will be a defensive coordinator pretty soon the way he recruits, coaches, and loves the game. I would also remind people that it wasnt his choice to leave Auburn. Dude loves Auburn and loves football.

Seems like it is time to move this thread to a Miami Site. Loved him while he was here but is no longer so time to discuss what can impact the Tiger’s team (IMO of course).

4 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I 100% agree that fans are fickle.  Personally I loved what TWill brought.  However, there were several people on the forum that have repeatedly said there are instances where TWill's actions undermined the coaching staff with recruits.  I won't go into all the messages and threads regarding this.  You are welcome to search and find them.  Again I don't disagree that fans will immediately through a coach or recruit under the bus over, but I don't think this was one of the times.

There are also people who said he's the one that let Gus know what was going on....nobody knows I don't care who on this site says it. What I do know this guy spent a good bit of his life doing more for Auburn than most.....But you certainly can have your opinion. I just know what I know

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

There are also people who said he's the one that let Gus know what was going on....nobody knows I don't care who on this site says it. What I do know this guy spent a good bit of his life doing more for Auburn than most.....But you certainly can have your opinion. I just know what I know

Why are you trying to paint him as some sort of victim?

Auburn basically made his career - not the other way around. The school did more for him than vice-versa. Lest we forget that he was pulled here from coaching HS ball - and instead of being made to toil his way up the coaching ladder at mid-majors like every almost every other young coach does, he fell into a job at a premier SEC school. The only reason why he was even given the LB job is because Kevin Steele is himself a LB coach - which made it possible to hire someone like T-Will with zero experience. Had we had someone like Derek Mason (a DB coach by trade) as the DC at the time, T-Will never would have landed an on field job at Auburn because that vacancy would have gone to a more established coach. Kevin Steele basically held his hand, and I find it kind of interesting that T-Will now gets ALL of the credit for supposedly "fixing Auburn's LB play" when people seem to conveniently forget that Kevin Steele is also a LB coach - one who coached a few seasons in the NFL in fact - and while he just held the title of "Defensive Coordinator", do you think he wasn't doing any positional coaching himself? Kevin Steele knows more about coaching linebackers than T-Will does, guaranteed.

Anyways, T-Will had his opportunity to interview for his job back and it seems like either a lot of the stuff that was rumored was true and Harsin told him "good luck", or he failed to impress in his interview. Good luck to him at Miami; I think they more or less just brought him in to recruit.

2 hours ago, metafour said:

Why are you trying to paint him as some sort of victim?

Auburn basically made his career - not the other way around. The school did more for him than vice-versa. Lest we forget that he was pulled here from coaching HS ball - and instead of being made to toil his way up the coaching ladder at mid-majors like every almost every other young coach does, he fell into a job at a premier SEC school. The only reason why he was even given the LB job is because Kevin Steele is himself a LB coach - which made it possible to hire someone like T-Will with zero experience. Had we had someone like Derek Mason (a DB coach by trade) as the DC at the time, T-Will never would have landed an on field job at Auburn because that vacancy would have gone to a more established coach. Kevin Steele basically held his hand, and I find it kind of interesting that T-Will now gets ALL of the credit for supposedly "fixing Auburn's LB play" when people seem to conveniently forget that Kevin Steele is also a LB coach - one who coached a few seasons in the NFL in fact - and while he just held the title of "Defensive Coordinator", do you think he wasn't doing any positional coaching himself? Kevin Steele knows more about coaching linebackers than T-Will does, guaranteed.

Anyways, T-Will had his opportunity to interview for his job back and it seems like either a lot of the stuff that was rumored was true and Harsin told him "good luck", or he failed to impress in his interview. Good luck to him at Miami; I think they more or less just brought him in to recruit.

If I was saying he was a victim you know what I would've said? I would say he's actually the victim. I don't try to do anything I either do it or don't. What I said is this is an example of what I tell all kids that come to me asking me for advice. And playing for a school producing a bunch of wind is giving the school much more than the school will ever give back. And just like it's other coaches that didn't need auburn to coach he didn't just need auburn. And Steele isn't some guru as a coach gtfoh. Yes he has coached longer and he has more experience. So what? 

Your replies tho.....funny. Nah the most important variable in football will ALWAYS be the players. The players don't owe anybody anything. Nobody has their best interest everybody else is looking out for themselves it would be stupid for the player not to. 

I wish everyone could just acknowledge that sports (or politics, or showbiz, or....) aren't a damned comic book movie with purely good heroes and purely bad villains. 

The vast majority of these people have the same strengths and flaws of character as the rest of us. TWill isn't a "victim", or a "backstabber", or a "savior", or a "prodigal son". He's a guy who has more personality than experience in coaching. He's got some extraordinary strengths and some real weaknesses. He has a chance to be a superstar in the business, or he might just fizzle out. 

He didn't light a match to our football program or anything. He didn't sabotage Gus's career, nor did he do any heavy lifting to save it. He's more or less a decent human being just trying to get by like the rest of us. Jesus, why does everything have to be so dramatic. 

Archived