T-Will to Miami to UCF as DC

Tigerpro2a

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wish everyone could just acknowledge that sports (or politics, or showbiz, or....) aren't a damned comic book movie with purely good heroes and purely bad villains. 

The vast majority of these people have the same strengths and flaws of character as the rest of us. TWill isn't a "victim", or a "backstabber", or a "savior", or a "prodigal son". He's a guy who has more personality than experience in coaching. He's got some extraordinary strengths and some real weaknesses. He has a chance to be a superstar in the business, or he might just fizzle out. 

He didn't light a match to our football program or anything. He didn't sabotage Gus's career, nor did he do any heavy lifting to save it. He's more or less a decent human being just trying to get by like the rest of us. Jesus, why does everything have to be so dramatic. 

Too many people on this particular forum want to throw rocks but hide their hand. If you know something , don’t allude to it. Say it otherwise it is probably best left unsaid 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Too many people on this particular forum want to throw rocks but hide their hand. If you know something , don’t allude to it. Say it otherwise it is probably best left unsaid 

I get it if folks want to counter a narrative gone out of control- happens constantly- but I agree that doing what you just described also tends to germinate those out of control narratives. 

My main thing is just that people hear about the most innocuous, normal, everyday occurrences or tendencies, but if it's a "famous" person who does it, suddenly it becomes a damned soap opera. And then the craziest thing is that they accuse the "famous" people of causing the drama! It's particularly acute in the recruiting realm. High school kid changes mind. Grown ass man who has never and will never meet high school kid has emotional reaction. Film at 11. 

I just don't get it. Maybe I just don't multi-task well and maybe my own life is too distracting for me to be able to imagine drama among people I've never even met and whose personal decisions have absolutely no impact on my life. (Nor nearly as much on the lives of the people they actually do know as fans want there to be.)

Exactly and I don't see how a guy that played and coached for a school can be made a villain based off rumors. And have you noticed it's always the guy that has the best relationship with the players that takes the fall? D Craig, the cat that waved the towel, kodi burns, t will......And to be honest I really don't like the he'll fit in at Miami.....not too much here crap. But I can't talk about that on this site I just have to smile and take it 😊

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

but if it's a "famous" person who does it, suddenly it becomes a damned soap opera. 

Dopamine. The reality is that college football isn't real life to the majority of fans. It literally is a soap opera - or probably more appropriately a reality show that people happen to feel as if they have a vested interest in. The more dramatic it becomes, the more entertaining it becomes, and the better distraction it becomes from fan's own problems. It's why sites like 247 - have been making bank off of subscriptions for years, and why I won't be surprised if this site heads the same direction. It's a business now, and the business is entertainment. It's dramatic because that's literally what people are coming here for. Just my .02.

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Dopamine. The reality is that college football isn't real life to the majority of fans. It literally is a soap opera - or probably more appropriately a reality show that people happen to feel as if they have a vested interest in. The more dramatic it becomes, the more entertaining it becomes, and the better distraction it becomes from fan's own problems. It's why sites like 247 - have been making bank off of subscriptions for years, and why I won't be surprised if this site heads the same direction. It's a business now, and the business is entertainment. It's dramatic because that's literally what people are coming here for. Just my .02.

I believe you're correct and I shouldn't still be scratching my head. It's not new- just the technology changes. 

Just one of those normal human behaviors with which I struggle to connect. 

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And to be honest I really don't like the he'll fit in at Miami.....not too much here crap.

Maaaan, that one really confused me. Like... what even is Miami now? Doesn't Rhett Lashlee coach there? Why did that person say that? I'm genuinely curious. 

I hope it's not confusing TWill's swag and charisma for something else. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I believe you're correct and I shouldn't still be scratching my head. It's not new- just the technology changes. 

Just one of those normal human behaviors with which I struggle to connect. 

I'm guessing you aren't a WWE fan. No offense @ellitor.

But seriously, there are wrestling fans who know wrestling isn't real, but enjoy the entertainment. Then there are wrestling fans who think Duane the Rock Johnson must really be a POS of a person because he stunted on their boy HHH. I believe college football fans exist in similar parallels. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

But seriously, there are wrestling fans who know wrestling isn't real, but enjoy the entertainment. Then there are wrestling fans who think Duane the Rock Johnson must really be a POS of a person because he stunted on their boy HHH. I believe college football fans exist in similar parallels. 

I was actually a big wrestling fan for a long time, but it was only after I watched "Beyond the Mat" and a good friend explained the various dynamics of the business to me. Now, that is a fascinating amalgamation of real life and soap opera. 

Even then, though, I never once had an emotional reaction to a wrestler- er, sports entertainer's- personal decisions. Other than the obvious feelings one has when they hear about genuine comedy or tragedy. (I wonder if everyone knows just how much of both has happened in the wrestling community.)

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maaaan, that one really confused me. Like... what even is Miami now? Doesn't Rhett Lashlee coach there? Why did that person say that? I'm genuinely curious. 

I hope it's not confusing TWill's swag and charisma for something else. 

Going by the history of who said it.....I'll give you a couple of guesses 😂😂 ✊🏾

23 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

@Barnacle None taken. I'm an AEW guy anyway.

25 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

there are wrestling fans who know wrestling isn't real, but enjoy the entertainment.

Yup!. It's an action Soap Opera for men.

26 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Then there are wrestling fans who think Duane the Rock Johnson must really be a POS of a person because he stunted on their boy HHH.

I went ballistic when Hogan did this. Since I didn't have a father growing up he was one of my heroes at the time. I literally felt betrayed. Still gives me chills although it probably shouldn't....

me

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I went ballistic when Hogan did this. Since I didn't have a father growing up he was one of my heroes at the time. I literally felt betrayed. Still gives me chills although it probably shouldn't....

me

Yeah I totally remember when Hollywood Hogan.  Was so wrong.  

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

me

I remember the nwo movement was epic. Sting with his crow routine.....I met Sid viscous/justice. He was one of my favorites and I actually went to an event....was it Monday or Wednesday night stuff would come on? But I went with my cousin and he reached out and touched buff bagwell! Buff jerked away from him and stopped and then flexed right in front of us.......people saw us on tv. It was an amazing week of school being a celebrity after that!

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I remember the nwo movement was epic. Sting with his crow routine.....I met Sid viscous/justice. He was one of my favorites and I actually went to an event....was it Monday or Wednesday night stuff would come on? But I went with my cousin and he reached out and touched buff bagwell! Buff jerked away from him and stopped and then flexed right in front of us.......people saw us on tv. It was an amazing week of school being a celebrity after that!

Cool story. 

On 2/4/2021 at 2:00 PM, cole256 said:

People really trying to down him.....once again, it doesn't matter how much you do for your school fans are fickle. They will flip on you in a minute. Don't ever make a decision based on being loyal to them or feel like you owe anything. Make the best decision for you.

News Flash!  Public figure criticized by public, more at 9pm.

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Exactly and I don't see how a guy that played and coached for a school can be made a villain based off rumors. And have you noticed it's always the guy that has the best relationship with the players that takes the fall? D Craig, the cat that waved the towel, kodi burns, t will......And to be honest I really don't like the he'll fit in at Miami.....not too much here crap. But I can't talk about that on this site I just have to smile and take it 😊

I think he fits in here and Miami too.

13 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

News Flash!  Public figure criticized by public, more at 9pm.

I mean with what you criticize him for you might as well find a different hobby. I don't know how you trick yourself to believe he's any different than 95% of everyone in football. You don't even count

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean with what you criticize him for you might as well find a different hobby. I don't know how you trick yourself to believe he's any different than 95% of everyone in football. You don't even count

Please show me on this doll where my posts touched you.

14 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Please show me on this doll where my posts touched you.

Can't pretend to tough when you're the one reacting 😂. You don't have to keep quoting there's nothing to talk about, what you're upset about everybody else you cheer for feels the same way so good luck with that ✊🏾

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a tweet from Cole Cubelic that T-Will could potentially head to UCF with Gus. If this comes to fruition, a lot of people are going to be shown as talking out of their asses.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just saw a tweet from Cole Cubelic could potentially head to UCF with Gus. If this comes to fruition, a lot of people are going to be shown as talking out of their asses.

I never saw any talk of there being issues between Gus and TWill. It was Gus and Steele/Garner.  I interpreted the issues with TWill to also be with Steele/Garner.   Of course that was in my limited exposure to board chatter.

2 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I never saw any talk of there being issues between Gus and TWill. It was Gus and Steele/Garner.  I interpreted the issues with TWill to also be with Steele/Garner.   Of course that was in my limited exposure to board chatter.

Did you even read this thread. It was alluded to on the first page.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if T-Will will try to leave Miami and Malzahn at UCF. I bet you anything Gus will hire Kevin Steele as their DC.

giphy.gif

Archived