T-Will to Miami to UCF as DC

Tigerpro2a

34 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if T-Will will try to leave Miami and Malzahn at UCF. I bet you anything Gus will hire Kevin Steele as their DC.

Why would he hire the man who was undermining him at their last place of employment?  This is a stretch even coming from you A4E.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That’s awesome 😎 I hope it happens and he has a chance to come home someday in the future.

28 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Oh hell yes! Rooting for you T-Will. I knew that rumor was BS. Just didn't seem in his nature. @bigbird can we change the thread header?

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh hell yes! Rooting for you T-Will. I knew that rumor was BS. Just didn't seem in his nature. @bigbird can we change the thread header?

Lol some people said what happened and no one wanted to listen. T-Will was never a problem. He pointed the problem out (along with Caddy)

• bigbird changed the title to T-Will to Miami to UCF as DC
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

So is t will scum for taking this positionand leaving Miami?

Well at least we now know he wasn’t undermining a single person smh 

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just reading the tea leaves here. Would this also suggest the rumors about Steele, and Garner could be true? 

32 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Just reading the tea leaves here. Would this also suggest the rumors about Steele, and Garner could be true? 

No it means they were rumors. Maybe true maybe not true but until I see something concrete I am not going to think the worse of anybody.

As for T-Will I am glad he is getting the opportunity to be a DC.  

I'd still like to know about the things we heard about T-Will before everything with Gus went down, and who those rumors came from. There were some disparaging comments passed along here made well before talk of a coup. Seriously doubting their validity now.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Since AU defense really sucked the last 2 to 3 years, I can't help but wonder why Gus didn't fire Steele and name T-Will as his new DC.

BE9C6464-8AA2-43BC-ADEE-55EBB3AA4AF6.gif

I’m not  surprised. TWill was my favorite assistant coach. I wanted him to be retained but very happy he got this position. And he probably would have left for this position anyway. It basically confirms he was either loyal to Gus or not aware of the situation. I suspected it all along. He’s a much more likable guy than Garner or Steele ( at least on the surface). He’s got the personality and reputation to be a head coach. I’m interested in the rest of Gus’ staff. 

I speculated as much, as this would explain why KS and TWill didn't like each other. TWill ratted him out and now when given the opportunity to hire his guy, Gus hired the one who was loyal. Best of luck. 

Hope Gus takes our beat writers with him too.

I remember when we temporarily promoted (then Grad Assistant) T-Will to coach Linebackers for the Birmingham Bowl in lieu of Lance Thompson 2015.

Gus getting cut by Auburn has turned into a blessing in disguise for our little T-Will.

Go be great, sir!

YESSSSSSSSSSIRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK YAH!!!!!!!!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAY!!!!!!! Happy Happy SO SO SOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR MUHHHHHHHHHH GUY AND MUHHHHHHH BOOOOOOY T WILL!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to follow his career at Central Florida. I hope he absolutely eviscerates it there. My all time favorite AU assistant coach along with D CRAIG!!! So happy he got a promotion and is going to be a DC!!! WOOOO!!!! T Will always has and always will BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE!!! That man loves him some Auburn baby. His pinned tweet on his twitter profile is him in Auburn gear still.

😂🤣

I wonder what "era' lasted longer. Rich Bisaccia at AU or T Will at THE U?! 

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

No, but players are scum if they don't make a full 4-year commitment to a school no matter what the coaches to whom they pledged their commitment do. /s

al.com

Ex-Auburn assistant set to be Gus Malzahn’s DC at UCF

By Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com
1 minute

A popular ex-Auburn assistant is set to reunite with Gus Malzahn at UCF.

Travis Williams, a former Tigers linebacker who served as Auburn’s co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach under Malzahn, is expected to be hired as UCF’s defensive coordinator, a source confirmed with AL.com.

The news was first reported by ESPN.

Williams, who produced Auburn’s first two All-SEC linebackers since 2004, had recently been hired as the linebackers coach at Miami. However, he’ll now make the move four hours across the state to lead Malzahn’s defense at UCF.

Matt Zenitz is a senior SEC football reporter for the Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @mzenitz.

Archived