EA To Start Making College Football Video Game Again!!!

CoffeeTiger

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30821045/school-plan-ea-sports-do-college-football

Really Excited about this news because I loved the old NCAA Football games. I really liked how Auburn was portrayed in the game too. The intro's with War Eagle flying, the Kickoff War Eagle chant, just the atmosphere of seeing Jordan-Hare portrayed in a video game. Really interested to see how it all looks in new generation graphics. 

"To make the game happen, EA Sports partnered with collegiate licensing company CLC to make sure they had the FBS schools, traditions, uniforms and playbooks -- among other things -- ready to go for the game. Over 100 teams will be in the game."

They of course wont have accurate rosters in the game as not to infringe on players likeness and they'll be watching the new rules and legal landscape moving forward, but I'm just glad to see it coming back. 

I’m in the 2050s on my 2014.  Probably would be further along but started doing multiple teams a couple years ago.  I’m still running that HUNH.  I’ve tried to go slow but my offense tanks.

I’ve literally had chills since this was announced. That series was a big part of my childhood. Made rosters for several years until I just got burnt out.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I’ve tried to go slow but my offense tanks.

Man you got to recruit better, havent played in a few years, excited this is coming back.  When I stopped I had Auburn doing so good it made what Bama is doing now look like child's play.

Been waiting on this day for a long, long, time now. Playing 14 with updated rosters has been nice but I’m so happy they’re dropping a new one. The no like name thing will be irrelevant. Everybody will just import custom rosters that will be identical to the real ones. I hope they bring back some of the older features from 06/07. Classic games. Spring games in the off-season. More control with the transfer portal. Some of the old recruiting features. Etc. 

EA was so incredibly stupid to ever let this game be shut down. All they had to do is what they are doing now - make the game without accurate rosters. There have always been users who specialize in researching and making downloadable, MORE ACCURATE ROSTERS, WITH NAMES, pro bono. And that's perfectly legal.

EA is a really really really bad company but I am so glad this is finally coming back. 

Tank Bigsby sweep left, Tank Bigsby sweep right, Tank Bigsby counter left, Tank Bigsby counter right, triple option, touchdowns a plenty.

52 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Been waiting on this day for a long, long, time now. Playing 14 with updated rosters has been nice but I’m so happy they’re dropping a new one. The no like name thing will be irrelevant. Everybody will just import custom rosters that will be identical to the real ones. I hope they bring back some of the older features from 06/07. Classic games. Spring games in the off-season. More control with the transfer portal. Some of the old recruiting features. Etc. 

got guys like Darren Rovell trying to spin that custom rosters shouldn’t be allowed because it would make EA liable for potential lawsuits lol

7 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

All my friends used to pick VT with Vick. Every play was hail mary then run with Vick. 

I remember in maybe 06/07 WVU with Pat white, Steve slayton, and I think Noel Devine. Man, that was unstoppable because they would only run the option. Every play.

33 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

got guys like Darren Rovell trying to spin that custom rosters shouldn’t be allowed because it would make EA liable for potential lawsuits lol

That's insane. To me that's like saying if I bought a notebook and wrote song lyrics in it I could get sued.

Love it.  Been playing 2014 since its release...just uploading new rosters from Operation Sports each season.  Wish it was 2K and not EA, but I'll take it.

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That's insane. To me that's like saying if I bought a notebook and wrote song lyrics in it I could get sued.

It’s the negative sports people trying to push this. We’ve been without a game for 6+ years and there are custom college rosters made by people and also for 2k and other games. It’s a non issue that some are trying to make an issue.

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It was more like you buying a notebook and writing a song lyric in it and the notebook company getting sued.

12 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Love it.  Been playing 2014 since its release...just uploading new rosters from Operation Sports each season.  Wish it was 2K and not EA, but I'll take it.

2k had announced they were going to try to make an arcade  college football game some time back, don’t know where they are in development. But for some of the fanbase, myself included, we are looking for a simulation style. Like an NCAA 14. Not a madden on Arcade mode or MUT

9 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

2k used to have a pretty good reputation, but they've been pretty indistinguishable from EA for the past few years now. NBA2k lately has been just a reskinned Ultimate team update not unlike Madden and 2ks been pulling some shady crap like adding in unskippable in-game advertisements months after release.

NBA 2k21 in particular got fairly negative critical reviews.  

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

2k used to have a pretty good reputation, but they've been pretty indistinguishable from EA for the past few years now. NBA2k lately has been just a reskinned Ultimate team update not unlike Madden and 2ks been pulling some shady crap like adding in unskippable in-game advertisements months after release.

NBA 2k21 in particular got fairly negative critical reviews.  

I said this awhile back on OS forums. When there was competition, games were a lot better. Look at 2k with literally no competition from live and see what their game has become. Madden has had no competition for years and look what madden has become. It took a hashtag trending massively to make them update franchise. Moral of the story, competition helps breed greatness in different facets of life. Having no competition leads to complacency and a stale product.

35 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I see your point,  but If you published the notebook and made money off of the notebook you could be sued.

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

If you published the notebook and made money off of the notebook you could be sued.

As someone previously stated, EA is the notebook company. Publishing a blank notebook cannot get you sued. Idc what people write in it.

39 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It’s the negative sports people trying to push this. We’ve been without a game for 6+ years and there are custom college rosters made by people and also for 2k and other games. It’s a non issue that some are trying to make an issue.

The ONLY problem I could potentially see is if some major conferences or Schools tell EA that they can't have custom roster uploading if they want the license rights. I think one of the reasons the series stopped in 2015 was because schools and conferences were denying EA the rights to their licenses due to the "likeness' lawsuits that were going on at that time. 

I don't know, but I could certainly see some school or conference's lawyers trying to make it a potential issue. 

Archived