EA To Start Making College Football Video Game Again!!!

CoffeeTiger

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

got guys like Darren Rovell trying to spin that custom rosters shouldn’t be allowed because it would make EA liable for potential lawsuits lol

Not surprising, there’s always one of those guys. I read somewhere by the time the game drops the NCAA issues with the player compensation may be settled so it wouldn’t be the issue it is today. I guess we’ll see 🤷🏼

9 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Not surprising, there’s always one of those guys. I read somewhere by the time the game drops the NCAA issues with the player compensation may be settled so it wouldn’t be the issue it is today. I guess we’ll see 🤷🏼

Yea ea said 2-3 years and that by then (hopefully) players should be in a position to get paid

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The ONLY problem I could potentially see is if some major conferences or Schools tell EA that they can't have custom roster uploading if they want the license rights. I think one of the reasons the series stopped in 2015 was because schools and conferences were denying EA the rights to their licenses due to the "likeness' lawsuits that were going on at that time. 

I don't know, but I could certainly see some school or conference's lawyers trying to make it a potential issue. 

The thing is, games like 2K have  consumers making the schools and the rosters for people to play college basketball in 2K, and as far as I’m aware, 2k only has licenses with a few schools so it would really open a huge can of worms.

25 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is one of my favorite replies so far 😂

I guess creating the stadiums takes time but you would think they could just reskin Madden. 

37 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I guess creating the stadiums takes time but you would think they could just reskin Madden. 

The time is going to be devoted to building the new gameplay engines for next gen consoles, I assume. 

I didn't realize so many on here played. We should have a tournament or something. I've always played these. I forget what year but one year I was number 6 on the ranked boards. 

I'd love to bust some heads on here!

Anyone else worried about Auburn not participating in this?  Is Auburn even partnered with the Collegiate Licensing Company?  It was founded by Bill Battle and UAt was their first signee...

22 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

...and after a little quick research, it looks like Auburn University is affiliated, or at least was in 2013-14.  Good.

https://www.licenseglobal.com/sports/clc-names-top-selling-universities

https://www.licenseglobal.com/industry-news/clc-continues-auburn-u

Auburn renewed the deal in 2018 for 8 more years. 

I'd be interested to see how they will adapt to recruiting now. The playoffs as well should make it fun for online dynasty. If I can be at least 70% as good as I was I'm streaming my stuff on twitch and whatever other platforms that are available

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ugh, Notre Dame already trying to throw wrenches into the process.....

Even better....  Don't have to worry about them at all.  They can be the Blue & Gold Football Team of college football

• 3 weeks later...

The positive is that 2+ years of development will hopefully yield a better game, and maybe by that time we can actually have real rosters if rules are passed. I spent 90% of my time editing rosters and 10% of the time playing the game. I’m just that OCD when it comes to that stuff.

I just really hope they don’t let microtransaction modes ruin the experience for Dynasty players.

Archived