2021 4* RB Cody Brown (2/17: Released By Vols)

ellitor

15 offers including AU, Florida, UGA, Ohio St., FSU, LSU, Mich St., Penn St., & Vols
4 standing out are AU, Florida, UGA, & Ohio St. per Rivals.
Plans to commit this Summer
Likely a big AU target

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Hard to believe someone rated 0.9520 is the 11th best player in Georgia and the 9th best RB.

This class must be loaded at RB.

Rankings wise 2020 was actually stronger at RB. 6 in the top 50 as opposed to 3 this class. Also 10 in the top 76 & 13 in the top 115 in last years class.

how many RBs do you think we take this cycle.  

No way we land this cat and Goodwin

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Rankings wise 2020 was actually stronger at RB. 6 in the top 50 as opposed to 3 this class. Also 10 in the top 76 & 13 in the top 115 in last years class.

The 2020 class sure did have some dogs at RB. I am glad we came out with who we did, but honeslty if we didn't land an elite RB prospect out of that class there was no excuse for it.

40 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I dunno. There's Tank, too. And it will be crowded in 2021. But after that, it opens up a lot. By 2022, Miller and Shivers will be graduated. DJ and MAR will be draft eligible. You have to think at least one of those guys goes. And this doesn't even take unexpected attrition (See: Roc Thomas, Jovon Robinson, Kam Pettway, Peyton Barber (sorta), Alaric Williams,  Devan Barrett, Boobee Whitlow...) into account. I mean, Brown isn't going to sign somewhere planning on guys to transfer/get booted/not qualify, but when he looks at any power program, he's not going to see a prettier picture than we offer. Also, big time signing tandems at the position aren't terribly unusual. Sharing the rock is the way forward. 

48 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Maybe 2.

49 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Why not? Other teams land 2 highly rated guys at RB in the same class.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe 2.

I fully agree just look at our three rivals RB recruiting. When is the last time we signed more than one stud RB recruit, though? I don't mean one highly touted guy and an under the radar guy but like 2 legit 4 * or higher RBs?

I know we signed Devan Barrett and Alaric Williams in one class together....but I am not certain if A. Williams was going to be a RB. He was listed as an Ath. The next I remember was Roc Thomas and we signed Kam Pettway who was an upper tier 3 stat? 

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I fully agree just look at our three rivals RB recruiting. When is the last time we signed more than one stud RB recruit, though? I don't mean one highly touted guy and an under the radar guy but like 2 legit 4 * or higher RBs?

I know we signed Devan Barrett and Alaric Williams in one class together....but I am not certain if A. Williams was going to be a RB. He was listed as an Ath. The next I remember was Roc Thomas and we signed Kam Pettway who was an upper tier 3 stat? 

Now, if it's a matter of ability/success, you might have a point. Only thing I'd say is that Tim Horton was our RB coach for Gus entire tenure until recently. Enter Caddy, enter Tank Bigsby. And now we have Morris. Reason to believe things might change.

But theoretically, there's no reason we shouldn't land 2 studs if we put on the press. 

Shoot, in 2010 we had Mike Dyer and Laeche Seastrunk until Seastrunk's handler steered him to Oregon. 

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

When is the last time we signed more than one stud RB recruit, though? I don't mean one highly touted guy and an under the radar guy but like 2 legit 4 * or higher RBs?

Easy ratings wise. Jovon & Kerryon in 2015. Both were inches away from being 5*s. Also in 2018 we landed Joiner & Asa, Both were in the top 200 overall & in the top 10 in their position.

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

AW was going to be a RB had he made it. Surprised you forgot about Jovon & KJ. They popped in my head before I finished reading the question.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

we had... Laeche Seastrunk until Seastrunk's handler steered him to Oregon. 

Respectfully incorrect. We moved on from LS ourselves because he had become a deterrent for us on the recruiting trail. The rest of the class at the time went to the staff about it. The staff told them to help us identify & land a 2nd stud in the class & thus the saga that was Marcus Lattimore's recruitment was born. Thoroughly documented by Bird, Golf, The Mayor, AUSportstalk, DJ Hatch & the rest of the AU recruiting gurus at the time on Auburn Eagle.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Now, if it's a matter of ability/success, you might have a point. Only thing I'd say is that Tim Horton was our RB coach for Gus entire tenure until recently. Enter Caddy, enter Tank Bigsby. And now we have Morris. Reason to believe things might change.

Wasn't trying to make a point....really asking because I couldn;t remember

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Easy ratings wise. Jovon & Kerryon in 2015. Both were inches away from being 5*s. Also in 2018 we landed Joiner & Asa, Both were in the top 200 overall & in the top 10 in their position.

AW was going to be a RB had he made it. Surprised you forgot about Jovon & KJ. They popped in my head before I finished reading the question.

Yes....I knew I forgot someone. I was trying to think and I couldn't remember who was in the class with KJ. I though he was 15 and Jovon was 14 but That was off. Thanks. That is why I asked lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Respectfully incorrect. We moved on from LS ourselves because he had become a deterrent for us on the recruiting trail. The rest of the class at the time went to the staff about it. The staff told them to help us identify & land a 2nd stud in the class & thus the saga that was Marcus Lattimore's recruitment was born. Thoroughly documented by Bird, Golf, The Mayor, AUSportstalk, DJ Hatch & the rest of the AU recruiting gurus at the time on Auburn Eagle.

Ahh, interesting. 

Seastrunk was one of those kids who you just felt sorry for, because you know he was surrounded by irresponsible, selfish adults.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Maybe 2.

Just sayin' it would be nice if somehow we had two high caliber RBs sign, both developed as RBs and produced great stuff on the field.

i honestly believe some stuff is changing.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

That DJ Hatch was a good dude (Alex City boy), and did  a great job on the recruiting forum; that said you don't take a back seat to anyone on recruiting . 

19 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

That DJ Hatch was a good dude (Alex City boy), and did  a great job on the recruiting forum; that said you don't take a back seat to anyone on recruiting . 

DJ was a great guy

What a massive kid with deceptive speed. I like his vision and he’s got some solid run blocking in front of him. Would be an excellent compliment to Tank in the future.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

What a massive kid with deceptive speed. I like his vision and he’s got some solid run blocking in front of him. Would be an excellent compliment to Tank in the future.

The RB we have committed for ‘21 is already that type of back too

16 hours ago, Sizzle said:

The RB we have committed for ‘21 is already that type of back too

Goodwin is a good bit smaller but I like both!

Goodwin is more speed and make you miss this kid is more power I would love to get both.

16 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Goodwin is more speed and make you miss this kid is more power I would love to get both.

Don't let Goodwin's height & weight stats fool you. He's a compact, between the tackles punisher.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to keep the bad news coming but Keith thinks the Vols have passed AU for the lead on Cody Brown.

Archived