2021 4* RB Cody Brown (2/17: Released By Vols)

ellitor

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Something stinks.

Starting to wonder if this Gooch kid is a Trojan horse.

Kidding, I guess.

UT go something working cause they also got 4 CB's for the #1 OLB / #10 on 247, 5* Terrence Lewis

I just wonder if pruitt is protected like kirby and saban are. It becomes a little more complicated since he's on saban's schedule every year. Didn't work out so well for Freeze in Oxford, but he didn't know where saban's bodies are buried. 

Tennessee has been a dormant giant waiting to happen. It has a rich football history a rabid fan base it has almost 7 million people it shares a border with many solid football recruiting areas North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Arkansas. It has needed a Head Coach who is a dominant recruiter to take advantage of that with Pruitt they now have that.  We have to be careful in what we wish for yes strong Tennessee team and a strong Florida team will hurt Georgia but both will also impact our recruiting as we have started to see in last couple of years.  In the past we basically had to look out for Georgia, Alabama and the Florida teams but things have gotten tougher with the emergence of Clemson and what appears to be the emergence of Tennessee. We have very good recruiters and they work hard but we are going to have to buckle on our helmets and work harder as we are seeing with Cody Brown now and maybe Gooch. I believe it is one of the reasons we have started recruiting more in Texas and Mississippi to compensate for the players we may lose in Georgia, Alabama, Florida to our competitors.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I just wonder if pruitt is protected like kirby and saban are. It becomes a little more complicated since he's on saban's schedule every year. Didn't work out so well for Freeze in Oxford, but he didn't know where saban's bodies are buried. 

I’m not sure Kirbys protected. Saban could get him bit and there are people at the University Of Georgia  who do not like his tactics.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I’m not sure Kirbys protected. Saban could get him bit and there are people at the University Of Georgia  who do not like his tactics.

Cool.

Why was my post edited?

Just now, McLoofus said:

Cool.

Why was my post edited?

Because we don’t call people names.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ah.

Gonna take a lot of time to go back and clean up a few thousand references to saban and smart- and who knows how many other coaches, players, media types- by words that were very much not their actual names. 

On 4/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, ellitor said:

Sorry to keep the bad news coming but Keith thinks the Vols have passed AU for the lead on Cody Brown.

Does UT getting the #1 JUCO RB today and already having 2 other RB’s in their class hurt them with Brown possibly and help us?

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hope you said this tongue-in-cheek. Have you read the political forums?

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I hope you said this tongue-in-cheek. Have you read the political forums?

I hope he means it and trash is kept in the political forum cesspool.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ah.

Gonna take a lot of time to go back and clean up a few thousand references to saban and smart- and who knows how many other coaches, players, media types- by words that were very much not their actual names. 

If it's about a feature of theirs like a hair cut or what they like to eat it's fine, but disparaging names are a no go, at least not on the recruiting forum. Also initials for cuss words will not be tolerated. I can't believe you did that in a post yesterday. Last time I checked we are all adults so we should act like adults.

6 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Does UT getting the #1 JUCO RB today and already having 2 other RB’s in their class hurt them with Brown possibly and help us?

Have no idea yet @AlaskanFAN. I will see what I can find.

6 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Have you read the political forums?

Nope. The Recruiting Forum is my home.

11 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Tennessee has been a dormant giant waiting to happen.

Maybe but there has been no evidence of that yet.

shares a border with many solid football recruiting areas North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Arkansas.

I wouldn't call the bolded states solid recruiting areas. Arky & Kentucky are rarely solid. Mississippi is solid to good about once every 5 years.

will also impact our recruiting as we have started to see in last couple of years.

Not sure what you are getting at here. We have our best 2 classes of our last 10 the past 2 years in terms of average rating per recruit. 91.16 & 90.89 & those are the best measures of a recruiting class.

I believe it is one of the reasons we have started recruiting more in Texas and Mississippi

Disagree. We have gone to Texas because of Chad Morris's strong ties there & went to Mississippi because they had an unusually good crop of talented kids for that state recently & had Coach Woodson to help us land them. They have gone back to their mediocre talent this class & we have gone away from that state again.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

If it's about a feature of theirs like a hair cut or what they like to eat it's fine, but disparaging names are a no go, at least not on the recruiting forum. Also initials for cuss words will not be tolerated. I can't believe you did that in a post yesterday. Last time I checked we are all adults so we should act like adults.

Oh, E.

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, E.

Read 1 & 3 of the board rules. If you want to discuss it further PM me.

The derail in this thread is over. Back to Cody Browm. I hope we can get this bruiser.

Hearing from a Tenn fan he thinks they get him today. I’m calling cap on this. 

Whelp the bribers got another one. Tennessee commit.

Just now, Zeek said:

Whelp the bribers got another one. Tennessee commit.

I guess what that Tennessee fan said wasn’t cap after all huh smh

Just now, Sizzle said:

I guess what that Tennessee fan said wasn’t cap after all huh smh

I knew it was a possibility but not on that day when there was absolutely no chatter about him announcing yet.

I'm dead serious the NCAA should be scratching their heads a little right now.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I knew it was a possibility but not on that day when there was absolutely no chatter about him announcing yet.

I'm dead serious the NCAA should be scratching their heads a little right now.

It’s definitely spooky. Doesn’t matter how good their virtual recruiting is, something ain’t right

Archived