2021 4* RB Cody Brown (2/17: Released By Vols)

ellitor

Just now, McLoofus said:

And Auburn fans will go on blaming the REC for unfair media coverage and all our other problems. 

I think that section of the fan-base really misunderstands constructive criticism. They're like my teenage wrestlers I coach. Instead of listening to how things can be done better they're more interested in being defensive. It's not that I don't love Auburn as much as they do (heck I'd argue very few love the town and university more than I do). I, like others, just see what Auburn could be instead of what it always has been.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zeek said:

I think that section of the fan-base really misunderstands constructive criticism. They're like my teenage wrestlers I coach. Instead of listening to how things can be done better they're more interested in being defensive. It's not that I don't love Auburn as much as they do (heck I'd argue very few love the town and university more than I do). I, like others, just see what Auburn could be instead of what it always has been.

Young Auburn is good. Young Auburn gives hope. 

Back to Cody Brown, one of the most reliable people connected to AU, autigers07 says We weren’t ready to take Cody & wanted to see him at a Summer camp (before they were canceled). There is concern over his weight & he might be more H-Back than true RB. Also said we never led or pushed for Brown either. @Tiger1992 here's your potential answer.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* RB Cody Brown (Vols)
24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Back to Cody Brown, one of the most reliable people connected to AU, autigers07 says We weren’t ready to take Cody & wanted to see him at a Summer camp (before they were canceled). There is concern over his weight & he might be more H-Back than true RB. Also said we never led or pushed for Brown either. @Tiger1992 here's your potential answer.

Not attacking, but that was a pretty quick turnaround from "Gus is super high on Brown" to "he wasn't a take". Any thoughts on the change of information?

I have no issue believing this version. Just an unusually sharp 180 in messaging. Probably more a question about information exchange than this actual recruitment, so feel free to not answer in this space.

Good luck to Brown. A different era but Fulmer had a lot of success with those big-bodied backs. I stood next to Jamaal Lewis in a neighborhood meeting in Atlanta few years ago. His hands were like two giant tomahawk ribeyes. Half human, half '82 Ford Bronco. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I could have sworn I saw that one was the number, right here on this message board. Oh well, it's not important enough to spend an hour running it down. It's a beautiful day outside and I'm going to try to squeeze a little project in before my 11:30 dentist appointment. Glad our Governor has let things open up a bit. My dental hygienist is very happy! Let's have 87,214 on hand for 2020 opening day at JHS!

@Mikey I am giving you an apology for you & all to see. Autigers07 says he's not convinced we take a 2nd RB in the class likely for the reasons you mentioned plus he added we lead for 2 in state studs in the 2022 class in Emmanuel Henderson & Quinshon Judkins who are likely better than anything we can add in this class. Taking a 2nd now may decrease our chances of getting both in the next class. @Tiger1992 more explanation.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not attacking, but that was a pretty quick turnaround from "Gus is super high on Brown" to "he wasn't a take". Any thoughts on the change of information?

Not a change of information. Gus may be very high on him. It's likely Morris is the main one who isn't. With us not wanting to take Brown  until we saw him at camp it gives evidence to this being Chad's O right now & not Gus's.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not a change of information. Gus may be very high on him. It's likely Morris is the main one who isn't. With us not wanting to take Brown  until we saw him at camp it gives evidence to this being Chad's O right now & not Gus's.

Change of information, change of messaging, whatever.

Encouraging angle about Morris though.

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Change of information, change of messaging, whatever.

There wasn't a change. Just some info left out that Keith had been posting that I left out because Gus was so high on him. My bad for not relaying that through the process.

It don't look like Gus is pushing real hard for a big and powerful 4* RB in the 2021 class. What a shame.

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yeah just might have to go up instead of out (if that makes sense). My concern is the funding for the Football Only Facility is less than half of what Clemson spent on theirs. If the locker room renovation was any indication we'll likely be underwhelmed. Just seems like we start a lot of good things but don't execute to the highest level. 

The Herebert Family Recruiting Center is an okay addition. It's hard to find too many pictures of this online but the exterior makes the stadium look nicer for sure. However, moving the media to the corner has miffed pretty much every writer I've seen. Makes sense the money seats are in the middle though.

We still haven't done anything to make the back of the jumbotron not look like an incomplete project.

The exterior of Jordan Hare needs something done and especially the side where opposing teams enter.

I think the most realistic place we come out of these various renovations is 4th in the SEC. I think LSU did a really grand set of constructions. Alabama's has held strong over the past 2 (?) years since they did theirs. USC's was just incredible. Georgia has also thrown 80m into the foray.

im not in tuned on who else is planning one or may plan one, but Id imagine if A&M has one in line its going to crush everyone's in conference. UTK could do something crazy if these recruits start translating into wins as well. I don't know if this'll get received well on here, I feel there's a big group that's very realistic about Auburn, but just basing this on size and athletics structure, Auburn shouldn't be doing better than UGA or UA or really Clemson in that department. That's not an excuse to half ass something, and they do make money comparable to those programs, but this town really shouldn't be able to hold something as grand as they built.

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yeah just might have to go up instead of out (if that makes sense). My concern is the funding for the Football Only Facility is less than half of what Clemson spent on theirs. If the locker room renovation was any indication we'll likely be underwhelmed. Just seems like we start a lot of good things but don't execute to the highest level. 

I didn't really give this part of the post enough due respect, it is a tragedy that between the: inadequate and truthfully, dangerous, student section seating, the ridiculously overpriced food, and other smaller things Im sure Ill be pissed about during future games, the money should be going somewhere if not to an increase in the viewing experience for fans. I know they had to shake people down just to get the 30M or so, but spending that much less and having a subpar game exp (I think our fans do quite a bit to raise the quality of those, somewhere like Penn State, LSU or Alabama, I just think they have all the fixins)....IDK

55 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I didn't really give this part of the post enough due respect, it is a tragedy that between the: inadequate and truthfully, dangerous, student section seating, the ridiculously overpriced food, and other smaller things Im sure Ill be pissed about during future games, the money should be going somewhere if not to an increase in the viewing experience for fans. I know they had to shake people down just to get the 30M or so, but spending that much less and having a subpar game exp (I think our fans do quite a bit to raise the quality of those, somewhere like Penn State, LSU or Alabama, I just think they have all the fixins)....IDK

Agreed, would love individual seats for fans with cup holders. Even if it meant losing 5,000 or so seats in total (hell we have an abysmal sell out record compared to blue bloods). 

14 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It don't look like Gus is pushing real hard for a big and powerful 4* RB in the 2021 class. What a shame.

Turn it up load....................................just for you a4e

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Turn it up load....................................just for you a4e

What's with all this new wave junk?

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I really thought Cody would commit to Auburn. Wonder if the Tigers didn't push hard enough.

@auburn4ever he was not a take for Auburn.

• 8 months later...

I would like to see us go hard after Brown. I do think we could use a big power back to complement Tank.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If Caddy wasn’t pushing for him then why would he now? Not saying you’re wrong just curious... 

@AuburnTiger4Life because Auburn had six or seven running backs on roster then, they have two now and plan to take three more between now and the start of next season..

Archived