new coach is falling behind (merged threads)

autiger88

It’s not about what others think. Make them pay Coach!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who exactly is this guy and what does he know about football? I'm serious. Why should I care what he thinks? He seriously thinks that a new coach from across the country, should be able to hire a staff, START to establish a program or process, and go from 50+ something in recruiting to a top 5 or 10 in weeks? He may turn out to be be the worst coach in AU history. But at this point, there is as much evidence that he will turn out to be the best coach in AU history. Take a freaking breath.....Geesh.

al_dot_com up front said everything: expect little and if you waste your time, you'll still be disappointed.

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

By no means was I attempting to swat at you bud. I hope it didn’t come off like that. I was just post-lunch venting. 

Nope didn't take any offense I promise you are good. 

Who exactly is this guy and what does he know about football? I'm serious. Why should I care what he thinks? He seriously thinks that a new coach from across the country, should be able to hire a staff, START to establish a program or process, and go from 50+ something in recruiting to a top 5 or 10 in weeks? He may turn out to be be the worst coach in AU history. But at this point, there is as much evidence that he will turn out to be the best coach in AU history. Take a freaking breath.....Geesh.

the sad state of sports reporting is unless you go to a paysite al.com is almost the only game in town. i go to other sites and they give you three free articles a month and then they lock you out. i go to tigerland a lot as well and al.com dominates that site as well. and of course no one is allowed to post premium content on here. i will say al.com has a girl writer and i have yet to see her diss auburn. but if anyone has other suggestions i am all ears. i do things the hard way and slogging through different sites for auburn news takes up a lot of time i could spend playing elder scrolls online.

Listen all AU fans know that we suck right now and we understand the state and vulnerability of the program . A lot of real creativity coming from Goodman .way to go capt obvious . Real warrior behind the keyboard Douchebag . 

On 2/5/2021 at 12:38 PM, autiger88 said:

Auburn signed six players on Wednesday to go along with the 11 that Malzahn signed in December. People are trying to call that a victory for Harsin.

If I’m not mistaken, Gus was fired 2-3 days prior to early signing day, so by my calculations that would make Goodman a shoe in for the Biggest Douchebag in the World Award!

You guys are cute. This is required drivel by the alabama media. It’s all about putting the new coach in his place and keep sabas on his pedestal. If Auburn hired belechik he would be behind. I’m surprised so many fall for this garbage all the time . Coach Harsin has hopefully been schooled that the media in this state is his and Auburn’s enemy written by amateur hacks who can’t make it in the real world.

here’s a simple question for simple minds. Since sabass again bought another semi pro team and nfl coaches what sec team or ncaa team isn’t behind?

why not write an article on the corrupt ncaa and its front which is uat football that hides behind a glorified junior college if that.

oh yeah it’s because these hacks are on the uat payroll.

Articles like this are part of uat recruiting. Always put out negativity about your rivals. They have pretty much castrated Tennessee.

If you buy players and nfl coaches what college coach and team isn’t behind.

the only surprise here is this uat media employee didn’t put this article out before signing day. Probably got an ass chewing by sabass to get busy writing negative articles about Aubu. The honeymoon is over you bastards!

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

• WarTiger changed the title to new coach is falling behind already (merged threads)

harsin closed out this class in a strong fashion. considering where we were and the limited interactions he had i'm thinking he is gonna do just fine recruiting

There is a shocking lack of wisdom, maturity, perspective, and fair context in today's journalism in print, AND on TV. Grown adults like the ones who work for al.com, are paid with peanut money, and with the wisdom of a 4 year old, write this kind of "I want it all and I want it now" crap. You see numerous grammatical AND spelling errors despite having spell check at their disposal. Everywhere. The days of solid, intelligent, unbiased reporting are LONG gone.

10 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

There is a shocking lack of wisdom, maturity, perspective, and fair context in today's journalism in print, AND on TV. Grown adults like the ones who work for al.com, are paid with peanut money, and with the wisdom of a 4 year old, write this kind of "I want it all and I want it now" crap. You see numerous grammatical AND spelling errors despite having spell check at their disposal. Everywhere. The days of solid, intelligent, unbiased reporting are LONG gone.

I worked at the Plainsman briefly, primarily to get free film and use the darkroom. I wrote one article, I think. My avocation was far, far from journalism. One day they brought in a graybeard from Accuracy In Media (AIM) to talk to the journalism majors. Guy had done everything and been everywhere. He said the journalist’s mission was to, “Get it. Get it RIGHT. And write it short.” Nothing about changing the world. Just informing the public and leaving it to them to do with the information what they will. Anyway, ever since, I’ve rarely seen any print or video journalist do more than ‘take’ press releases, ‘get it wrong’, and ‘write it poorly’. Throw in, slander, innuendo, and foment distrust. Seems the Associated Press style guide was shredded in the early 90’s as well.

Oh! That is also where I heard that regular news was supposed to be written for the 8th grade level, whereas sports was written at the 6th grade level. Of course, the NYT could write to the 12th grade level. TIFWIW.

9 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Goodman obviously doesn’t realize that a lot of recruiting is a long game and not a short game.  Years of high school camps, building relationships with area coaches, parents, and the kids.  Typical clickbait journalism to rile people up for views.

also doesnt realize that al.com isn't in a position to lose out on Auburn fan's viewership, but they certainly will with cheap thrills like this. 

I'm getting old but I seem to remember an article from many years ago in the Birmingham News, or maybe the Post Herald? Van House? Hoose? Anyway, it was about Pat Dye's first recruiting class at AU. The title was something like 'Country Boy Can't Survive Recruiting Like This', or something similar. IIRC, that class one two SEC titles. It would be so cool to see that happen again. 

32 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I'm getting old but I seem to remember an article from many years ago in the Birmingham News, or maybe the Post Herald? Van House? Hoose? Anyway, it was about Pat Dye's first recruiting class at AU. The title was something like 'Country Boy Can't Survive Recruiting Like This', or something similar. IIRC, that class one two SEC titles. It would be so cool to see that happen again. 

Alf Van Hoose...

now-thats-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-a-long-63784856(1).png

I spent two years as a sportswriter for one of Alabama's major dailies and then spent almost 30 years as a spokesman and media relations professional for a Fortune 50 company. What I know from that experience is that I wouldn't trust 75% of the media personnel I encountered to pet sit my goldfish for a weekend. Most reporters in Alabama and southeastern media markets, are average people in typically low-paying jobs. Most of the reporters and editors I worked with spent more time hanging off of bar stools than they did sleeping. So, pardon me if I don't put much faith in what most of them write. 

1 hour ago, JTFazz said:

I spent two years as a sportswriter for one of Alabama's major dailies and then spent almost 30 years as a spokesman and media relations professional for a Fortune 50 company. What I know from that experience is that I wouldn't trust 75% of the media personnel I encountered to pet sit my goldfish for a weekend. Most reporters in Alabama and southeastern media markets, are average people in typically low-paying jobs. Most of the reporters and editors I worked with spent more time hanging off of bar stools than they did sleeping. So, pardon me if I don't put much faith in what most of them write. 

They have zero self awareness and care more about being an attention getter with clicks, than context, perspective, and wisdom.

Archived