Null

Transfer Portal (2021)

I will update this later.

We currently only have 5 more spots (considering Dylan Brooks should still be a lock)

We have discussed on here that the following positions are wanted from the Transfer Portal:

• OL (2)
  • QB (1)
  • RB (1)
  • LB (1)
  • DB (1)

Obviously there won't be enough space for each of these positions and Grant Loy returning might shift the plan at QB but for a long time those in the know have insisted they'd like a transfer QB to push and challenge Bo (not that Dee won't).

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sarchasm (n): The distance between your joke and Ellitor  

Let's Not delve this thread into a Bo Nix discussion. Please & Thank you! Signed, The Entire AUFamily Staff

Samantha that twitched her nose was on Bewitched.  It was Jeanie on I dream of Jeanie and she blinked.  Also Samantha didn’t vaporize into a bottle, Jeannie did.  Just  keeping y’all informed of my 19

Posted Images

Hamm and Jackson may not have started out as OT's but are legitimate OT's as is Troxell next year and as you said the Juco's.  I would love a couple of Stud OT's as transfers especially if they could have 2 years instead of one. Assuming next year we finally start addressing HS OT's unless they are a super stud you almost always have to wait to year 2 before they can contribute. In HS they get away with an awful lot just because they are so big, so usually techniques and pad level needs to be improved, and finally learning O-Line with all the different blocking assignments and reads is very difficult. O-Line really need to have a very high football IQ.  Our best chance is the rule change they are talking about where you get immediate eligibility. 

Thank you for posting this it was very informative. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas

FWIW we are only looking at transfers on the OL & maybe DB. When there are transfers AU is known to be interested in I am planning to make individual threads on each target. We are only going to have room to add 2 or 3 more transfers max to the high schoolers we have & are getting plus the 2 transfers we have.

52 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Let’s go big money no whammies!

FWIW guys that do absolutely nothing at their 1st stop don't usually land at a P5 school on their 2nd stop. And if they do they don't do much there either. Besides NJ is an OG. We have enough OGs. Hell we are starting 5 of them due to our steller OT recruiting work.

5 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Why don't we go after the Mathis kid that entered the portal. Surely Morris can whip into shape.

@Eisenhower_1952I don't know about other people but I'm not interested in him. Didn't impress me at UGA. As for why we won't go after him. We have Bo still for up to 3 more years. Have a mobile QB we are very high on coming in with Dematrius Davis & plan on getting a big time QB in the 2022 class.

• Like 2

No matter what, the NCAA shutting down on and off campus recruiting hurt us terribly....not being able to bring prospects in (No Big Cat weekend), not having summer football camps and then of course with this past season, it set up for a failure...we must get our 'house' in order ASAP (regardless who the head coach is), and hopefully with vaccines, the NCAA should lift the shutdown and we'll be able to get out into the schools, bring prospects to Auburn and have football camps...yes, we're all disappointed with the class rank, but those kids who signed, signed with AUBURN and put aside who the head coach might be....'they believe in Auburn...' 

• Like 2

I would think with Armoni flipping and Mar entering the transfer portal we need an RB for depth.  Since Schwartz has said he is leaving and I expect the same from Seth and Stove I think we need to look at WR's also.  Unless we keep Trevin Wallace we need at least 1 LB even if we keep him we may need 1 LB on LB we need to wait and see who our HC and DC are so we get 1-2 LB's that fit D scheme if we shift schemes.  Of Course 1-2 OT's hopefully with at least 2 years of availability.

Sad but right now Transfer Portal is our best friend and am glad for immediate eligibility.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

Iowa State DT transfer: Harsin homerun hire for Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

Iowa State defensive tackle 

Latrell Bankston on Wednesday announced his intentions to transfer.

Bankston, who played high school ball at Woodstock (Ga.) and then two years at Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College before signing with Iowa State, should have plenty of options to play out his college eligibility.

Could Auburn be one?

Bankston hopes so.

“I’ve always been interested in Auburn,” Bankston said. “I was high on Auburn in junior college. With Coach (Bryan) Harsin now being there, it is definitely an option.”

Bankston and Harsin have a prior relationship. Harsin recruited Bankston to Boise State. Bankston ultimately signed with Iowa State, but a bond between coach and recruit was formed.

Bankston had very high praise for Harsin, who was named Auburn’s new coach on Tuesday.

“I know a lot about Coach Harsin,” Bankston said. “Coach Harsin was the reason I was really high on Boise State. Everything you would want in a head coach, Coach Harsin has.

“He’s family oriented. He takes his players really seriously. He’s really disciplined. He’s a strict coach. But at the same time, he’s a player’s coach, too.”

Bankston thinks Harsin will be very successful at Auburn.

“Auburn definitely did a great job in hiring Coach Harsin,” Bankston said. “Coach Harsin is going to be a great fit at Auburn. I think he’s going to turn that whole program around.”

Could Bankston be part of it?

“With me and him having a prior relationship, if they are willing to take me, I think Auburn would be a really good landing spot for me,” Bankston said.

As a junior in 2020, Bankston had 16 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 4.5 tackles for loss. He has two years of eligibility remaining

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 12/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, AU57 said:

Never seen the kid play but.. he was listed as 5th team rb in preseason for UM. Just sayin

We need depth. Tank and DJ are 100% capable as RB1 & 2

18 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

MAR was our 4th maybe 5th string guy at times. Doesn't always mean anything.

Sometimes it does mean something. Remember the big meltdown about AU's 5th sting RB Asa Martin leaving? He spent one spring practice at Miami and ended up running 5th string there as well. Then he transferred to Memphis, sat out his transfer year "getting better" and this season had climbed all the way up to 3rd string at Memphis.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sometimes it does mean something. Remember the big meltdown about AU's 5th sting RB Asa Martin leaving? He spent one spring practice at Miami and ended up running 5th string there as well. Then he transferred to Memphis, sat out his transfer year "getting better" and this season had climbed all the way up to 3rd string at Memphis.

Exactly my point.  No way of knowing. Deshaun Davis would have never played at another SEC school more than likely. Heck he would have never played at AU unless T-Will was hired. There are many factors that could have a kid buried on the depth chart.  Even if it is because he couldn't beat out the guys in the room, doesn't mean he can't beat out a different group of guys at another school. 

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

We need depth. Tank and DJ are 100% capable as RB1 & 2

I really don't like DJ as the main backup. He doesnt run more than 2-3 yards on most carries. he isn't your receiving type of back, and he really doesn't provide that 1-2 punch you like to see, with a quick back or a more power running back.

Basically he is ok...

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I really don't like DJ as the main backup. He doesnt run more than 2-3 yards on most carries. he isn't your receiving type of back, and he really doesn't provide that 1-2 punch you like to see, with a quick back or a more power running back.

Basically he is ok...

That's been my impression as well. He's been hurt a lot so I'm still hoping that there's a spark there that we haven't seen, but the injury history is a whole 'nother problem unto itself. (Funny that Worm is the one that people say isn't built to take the punishment in the SEC.)

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's been my impression as well. He's been hurt a lot so I'm still hoping that there's a spark there that we haven't seen, but the injury history is a whole 'nother problem unto itself. (Funny that Worm is the one that people say isn't built to take the punishment in the SEC.)

On DJ: I will say that when he was healthy this year, his burst looked way better than it ever had previously. I am in the same camp though. Really hoping we can find somebody that can help fill that RB2 spot. This isn’t meant to knock DJ either, he just always seems to be battling injuries, and the other things y’all mentioned.

• Like 2
  • ellitor changed the title to Transfer Portal (2021)
  • ellitor pinned this topic