Null

Transfer Portal (2021)

22 hours ago, cbo said:

Who cares about his dreams, let's make wild assumptions about his character. 

Leaving school after school says something about his determination to stick to it. Left LSU because of a coaching change? Poor baby! Left La. Tech because???? Lots of NFL guys came from smaller schools, he could have stuck there. Left Michigan because they wouldn't hand him a starting job? Poor baby!

Again, I'll pass on this one. If he shows up at Georgia and becomes all-world there, so be it. If he does go somewhere and once again gets beat out or has a coach leave before he plays, can he jump ship again?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sarchasm (n): The distance between your joke and Ellitor  

Let's Not delve this thread into a Bo Nix discussion. Please & Thank you! Signed, The Entire AUFamily Staff

Samantha that twitched her nose was on Bewitched.  It was Jeanie on I dream of Jeanie and she blinked.  Also Samantha didn’t vaporize into a bottle, Jeannie did.  Just  keeping y’all informed of my 19

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Leaving school after school says something about his determination to stick to it. Left LSU because of a coaching change? Poor baby! Left La. Tech because???? Lots of NFL guys came from smaller schools, he could have stuck there. Left Michigan because they wouldn't hand him a starting job? Poor baby!

Again, I'll pass on this one. If he shows up at Georgia and becomes all-world there, so be it. If he does go somewhere and once again gets beat out or has a coach leave before he plays, can he jump ship again?

He left La Tech because he graduated and could move on to a better conference.

He left a JUCO for the same reason.  Lump these all together is pretty ridiculous.

Faulting a Sr in his last year of eligibility for finding playing time is pretty dumb, IMO.  Not sure the kid is that great, but he's earned the opportunity to transfer and find a spot so go get it.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Wait, so are we interested in Willie Allen?

I'm not sure I've seen anything outside he's a Tackle and we literally don't have any good ones, so he was posted here.  Also an example of the type of transfers that are left, the ones who can't start at their current schools.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure I really care to take this guy, probably going to TCU. 

A WR in a big RB's body

I would love to take this guy. I wish we got him the first time around. Go watch D. Davis highlights and you will see a lot of this guy. I love his build. He could be a very versatile weapon. Rondale Moore type. 

18 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would love to take this guy. I wish we got him the first time around. Go watch D. Davis highlights and you will see a lot of this guy. I love his build. He could be a very versatile weapon. Rondale Moore type. 

As long as he's open to whatever the staff sees him as.

Fortunately I don't think we'll have many Harold Joiner or Roc Thomas situations with this staff. JJ Pegues might've already proven that. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

He was 6' 230 when he enrolled for a semester at A&M.

You can be an average SEC athlete and dominate HS teams

• Facepalm 1
1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

A WR in a big RB's body

You take him in a heartbeat, if smart.  This kid can absolutely play.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

A WR in a big RB's body

You’re kidding,right?

1 hour ago, toddc said:

You’re kidding,right?

No. 

Not often do teammates talk s*** about how terrible you were when you decided to leave a school. Maybe he just needs a new place, but imma pass on a 6' 230# WR probably 9/10...add in his teammates dislike of him and yeah I'll pass. 

Doesn't even take into account him apparently being disrespectful to coaches 

Edited by W.E.D
5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He was 6' 230 when he enrolled for a semester at A&M.

You can be an average SEC athlete and dominate HS teams

Nothing average about that kid. Again, have you watched his film?

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

A WR in a big RB's body

Yeah we should keep taking these 2 and 3*s and develop them. That should work out well for us, right?

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah we should keep taking these 2 and 3*s and develop them. That should work out well for us, right?

Yes, because I'm constantly demanding 3* kids. 

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Thinks Mike must still be holding that sackboy job at Piggly Wiggly.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Nothing average about that kid. Again, have you watched his film?

Yes. Wasn't really that impressive. He's a decent athlete, but he's bigger than anyone else. 

His 1st taste of big boy football didn't go well. Not sure taking a WR that will sit for a year, who IDK is that good, with 3 limited spots is a good idea 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes. Wasn't really that impressive. He's a decent athlete, but he's bigger than anyone else. 

His 1st taste of big boy football didn't go well. Not sure taking a WR that will sit for a year, who IDK is that good, with 3 limited spots is a good idea 

This kid dominated in a very competitive HS league in Texas. Is he the prototype of an NFL or even SEC WR body? No he isn't, but the kid is an absolute playmaker. I think he could be a stud and a mismatch nightmare if used properly. He has good vision, good cutting ability, great hands, good speed and acceleration. What more do you want? I think he could line up all over the field from RB to WR to Slot. Bring him on. 

From his HS recruiting profile

"Stoutly-built receiver with the look of a running back or off-ball linebacker who excels as an open-field playmaker. Requisite height with mass typically associated with other positions. However, senior season production and playmaking ability proved functional athleticism after injury-riddled junior campaign. Combines run strength with burst and good top-end play speed. Fully healthy as a sophomore and a senior and amassed terrific production both seasons for elite North Shore squad. Consistent and sometimes dominant against very good high school competition. Big-play machine. Shows above average body control in contested situations and strength to win the ball over defenders. Improved short-area quickness and elusiveness over the course of high school career. Not only an over-the-top threat but a dangerous run-after-catch option in the screen and short-to-intermediate games. Good top-end speed but can still get faster in that area. Routes can be crisper. Missed 11 of 16 games as a junior -- first a broken foot to start the year, then a broken ankle in playoff opener. Athleticism lacks verified context in combine or track setting. Unique build provides somewhat unorthodox profile at receiver position. Could fit other spots (off-ball linebacker, running back) but proved as a senior that long-term designation at receiver is definitely reasonable. Flat-out football player with big-play punch and big-game experience. Projects to high-major level as multi-year starter with NFL Draft potential."

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not often do teammates talk s*** about how terrible you were when you decided to leave a school.

This is something worth talking about. The dude's metrics are not.

So, what ya got? Not doubting the above is true. Just wondering what they're saying in the streets.

8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This kid dominated in a very competitive HS league in Texas. Is he the prototype of an NFL or even SEC WR body? No he isn't, but the kid is an absolute playmaker. I think he could be a stud and a mismatch nightmare if used properly. He has good vision, good cutting ability, great hands, good speed and acceleration. What more do you want? I think he could line up all over the field from RB to WR to Slot. Bring him on. 

From his HS recruiting profile

"Stoutly-built receiver with the look of a running back or off-ball linebacker who excels as an open-field playmaker. Requisite height with mass typically associated with other positions. However, senior season production and playmaking ability proved functional athleticism after injury-riddled junior campaign. Combines run strength with burst and good top-end play speed. Fully healthy as a sophomore and a senior and amassed terrific production both seasons for elite North Shore squad. Consistent and sometimes dominant against very good high school competition. Big-play machine. Shows above average body control in contested situations and strength to win the ball over defenders. Improved short-area quickness and elusiveness over the course of high school career. Not only an over-the-top threat but a dangerous run-after-catch option in the screen and short-to-intermediate games. Good top-end speed but can still get faster in that area. Routes can be crisper. Missed 11 of 16 games as a junior -- first a broken foot to start the year, then a broken ankle in playoff opener. Athleticism lacks verified context in combine or track setting. Unique build provides somewhat unorthodox profile at receiver position. Could fit other spots (off-ball linebacker, running back) but proved as a senior that long-term designation at receiver is definitely reasonable. Flat-out football player with big-play punch and big-game experience. Projects to high-major level as multi-year starter with NFL Draft potential."

That's fine.  Lots of kids dominate HS and don't in college

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

He reminds me a lot of Debo Samuels.

Would be a great comparison.  Debo is a thic WR.  But he was alos 180 coming out of HS and 210 when he was drafted.  This kid is 230

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This is something worth talking about. The dude's metrics are not.

So, what ya got? Not doubting the above is true. Just wondering what they're saying in the streets.

Let me see if I can find it.  A Aggies DB blasted him on twitter once he announced he was going to transfer.  He was arrogant, full of himself, wouldn't listen to coaches and disrespectful. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's fine.  Lots of kids dominate HS and don't in college

Would be a great comparison.  Debo is a thic WR.  But he was alos 180 coming out of HS and 210 when he was drafted.  This kid is 230

It'd be pretty easy to get him down to 210-215 lbs.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Let me see if I can find it.  A Aggies DB blasted him on twitter once he announced he was going to transfer.  He was arrogant, full of himself, wouldn't listen to coaches and disrespectful. 

No need to search on my behalf. I agree, it's unusual to hear a teammate be that, uh, candid. 

Hopefully this staff is as adept as the last one at building the locker room, while doing a better job of fielding a complete, balanced football team. Some guys come with warning stickers but do okay at their next stop. Cam was probably one of them.