Null

Transfer Portal (2021)

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortal/

Here's the Transfer Portal for those who want to peruse it.

I can't begin to assume or adventure a guess of who we might be interested in taking from the portal. Updated the OP to include the positions we're targeting.

We have five spots to fill and I'd be willing to bet at least two of those will be Offensive Linemen if at all possible.

Edit: while looking I'd change the search settings to immediate eligibility. We likely aren't taking anyone who will have to wait a year or so.

I agree we won’t take anyone who’s not ready to make an immediate impact as a starter or good backup. We should save it for next year otherwise. What about the “flip” that was teased? Is it still possible or did we move on?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sarchasm (n): The distance between your joke and Ellitor  

Let's Not delve this thread into a Bo Nix discussion. Please & Thank you! Signed, The Entire AUFamily Staff

Samantha that twitched her nose was on Bewitched.  It was Jeanie on I dream of Jeanie and she blinked.  Also Samantha didn’t vaporize into a bottle, Jeannie did.  Just  keeping y’all informed of my 19

Posted Images

Just now, toddc said:

I agree we won’t take anyone who’s not ready to make an immediate impact as a starter or good backup. We should save it for next year otherwise. What about the “flip” that was teased? Is it still possible or did we move on?

I've not seen anything either way and Keith has never seemed to know what the deal was either. Thinking it might have been premature or it's still in development for whatever reason.

Just now, Zeek said:

I've not seen anything either way and Keith has never seemed to know what the deal was either. Thinking it might have been premature or it's still in development for whatever reason.

It was a coach who teased it, right?

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Edit: while looking I'd change the search settings to immediate eligibility. We likely aren't taking anyone who will have to wait a year or so.

@Zeek FWIW For a lot of guys 247 has it wrong on being immediately eligible.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Zeek FWIW For a lot of guys 247 has it wrong on being immediately eligible.

Would love some clarity from the NCAA on the transfer rules and the one-time rule

Just now, Zeek said:

Would love some clarity from the NCAA on the transfer rules and the one-time rule

There is no 1 time rule yet. Undergrads have to still apply for a waiver to be immediately eligible.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Mikes Jones Jr

@dilligas Been confirmed AU is looking into him along with Henry T from the Vols & the 5* from USC whose name I can't pronounce.

No word of us looking for a C or another DE.

14 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Are Henry T and the USC eligible immediately? 

No clue but they are near elite level so even if they’re not we’d probably still would take one of them.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No clue but they are near elite level so even if they’re not we’d probably still would take one of them.

To'o To'o is a true sophomore - will most likely have to sit a year

Palaie is a true junior - he possibly could be a grad transfer 

17 hours ago, AUgrad2013 said:

CJ Thorpe and Austin Myers look like options on the OL. 

Brandon Bowen is listed as a DE but has OLB size. 

Jordan Anthony and Mikes Jones Jr as inside backers 

Kyle Meyers and Colin Samuel at C

Hey All , New member here from Pittsburgh. I wanted to give you some background on CJ Thorpe. He wants to finish his college career on the D-line not the O-L-line. He had some really bad penalties on the O-line for personal fouls and I'm not sure PSU was going to start him there anymore. Maybe being in the transfer portal may change  him but I'm not sure he's a fit for Harsin's  culture change.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Renton26 said:

Hey All , New member here from Pittsburgh. I wanted to give you some background on CJ Thorpe. He wants to finish his college career on the D-line not the O-L-line. He had some really bad penalties on the O-line for personal fouls and I'm not sure PSU was going to start him there anymore. Maybe being in the transfer portal may change  him but I'm not sure he's a fit for Harsin's  culture change.     

Thanks for the info. If he is prone to personal foul penalties it won't make a difference which position he plays though so you may be right. 

1 hour ago, Renton26 said:

Thanks and welcome to the board.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

There is no 1 time rule yet. Undergrads have to still apply for a waiver to be immediately eligible.

I'd be shocked if the NCAA didn't address this before the season.  I'm pretty surprised they kicked it down the road. 

I feel like they left the door open then got spooked when they saw how many people were transferring and didn't want to make a ruling.  s***ty move by the NCAA.  Hopefully they make it right for the players sake.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'd be shocked if the NCAA didn't address this before the season.  I'm pretty surprised they kicked it down the road. 

I feel like they left the door open then got spooked when they saw how many people were transferring and didn't want to make a ruling.  s***ty move by the NCAA.  Hopefully they make it right for the players sake.

Trying to remember an NCAA move that could be in the category of “ for the players sake”, but haven’t yet.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

@W.E.D My understanding is they kicked down to not vote on it for the coming season but the next season.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

The last thing I saw was that consideration of the One Time Rule has been postponed until next year. Of course, that could change.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@W.E.D My understanding is they kicked down to not vote on it for the coming season but the next season.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The last thing I saw was that consideration of the One Time Rule has been postponed until next year. Of course, that could change.

I hadn't seen that the vote was postponed all the way to next year.  it would be a real shame for the NCAA to leak it then not do it.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think I read it had been “tabled” which usually means has to be enough given support to get back on the agenda. I didn’t read if any connecting “studies” or “reports” that would automatically bring it back to the table.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I hadn't seen that the vote was postponed all the way to next year.  it would be a real shame for the NCAA to leak it then not do it.

I don’t think it was a leak but something being considered that took on a life of it’s own and got overblown to the point people thought it was a sure thing.

• Like 3