Null

Transfer Portal (2021)

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t think it was a leak but something being considered that took on a life of it’s own and got overblown to the point people thought it was a sure thing.

The NCAA won't support ANYTHING that might give a little parity to the conferences.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sarchasm (n): The distance between your joke and Ellitor  

Let's Not delve this thread into a Bo Nix discussion. Please & Thank you! Signed, The Entire AUFamily Staff

Samantha that twitched her nose was on Bewitched.  It was Jeanie on I dream of Jeanie and she blinked.  Also Samantha didn’t vaporize into a bottle, Jeannie did.  Just  keeping y’all informed of my 19

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think I read it had been “tabled” which usually means has to be enough given support to get back on the agenda. I didn’t read if any connecting “studies” or “reports” that would automatically bring it back to the table.

@Hank2020 It's been tabled for 1 year supposedly so the NCAA get put rules in place & prepare for the massive amounts of transfers expected. All indications are the 1 time rule will be passed for the 2022 season.

36 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t think it was a leak but something being considered that took on a life of it’s own and got overblown to the point people thought it was a sure thing.

Correct. Many people in college football assumed it would be passed for the 2021 season.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Right, they went even further and approved a "resolution" and it would be adopted in January of 2021

So they said they were going to do it, everyone transfers, then they took it back.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-approves-resolution-on-one-time-transfer-eligibility-to-be-adopted-by-january-2021/

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Paladin said:

This is when I think that it's fair to get a little frustrated at our recruiting. This is a position of need, someone we were supposedly looking at, and it's not a scenario where a high school kid has a three year relationship with our competitor's coach and only met our guys yesterday. We're going to need to win a few of these battles.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
46 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

This is when I think that it's fair to get a little frustrated at our recruiting. This is a position of need, someone we were supposedly looking at, and it's not a scenario where a high school kid has a three year relationship with our competitor's coach and only met our guys yesterday. We're going to need to win a few of these battles.

There are still options out there & will be more after Spring ball.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

There are still options out there & will be more after Spring ball.

Did the staff express interest in MJ? I could definitely see going after him. I get not going after the RBs we all clamored for because none of them would have provided immediate help, at least not Grey due to having to sit a year. This kid though seemed like one we should have tried to get if we didn't.

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Did the staff express interest in MJ?

@Tigerpro2a Per Keith & JLee yes.

26 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I get not going after the RBs we all clamored for because none of them would have provided immediate help, at least not Grey due to having to sit a year.

Likely not true. Given the issues at utk I'd say there's a good chance he & Chandler get a waiver.

20 hours ago, gravejd said:

argh...i'm jealous. I hope we can land a big time ILB. Thats a big hole i think we need filled for next season. 

I think it's the shallowest hole on the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think it's the shallowest hole on the team.

Really? Who do you have at ILB other than McClain? Pappoe for sure needs to be on the outside. Not sure on Wooten who will be coming back he could be a maybe.... No other names are coming to mind other than guys who have not played yet. 

33 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Really? Who do you have at ILB other than McClain? Pappoe for sure needs to be on the outside. Not sure on Wooten who will be coming back he could be a maybe.... No other names are coming to mind other than guys who have not played yet. 

Just off the top of my head, Steiner, Reilly, Joko, Brown, and TD are some that could play ILB

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just off the top of my head, Steiner, Reilly, Joko, Brown, and TD are some that could play ILB

I had forgotten about TD moving and he could maybe do it. Have to see how quickly he can knock off the dust after not playing the position for 3 years. And the rest of those guys have 0 D1 experience. I will be very nervous about our defense if we can't find an experienced ILB to bring in. 

I'm not totally clear on how exactly our defense will be laid out by Mason but in general the ILB need to be great at filling gaps in the 3-4 setup. After Britt went out this past year we really struggle to handle up the middle runs. This problem will be worse in the 3-4 if we don't have a couple of bulls in the middle that can stuff the run and do some basic seam coverage of TEs.  

45 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Also Desmond Tisdol

TD Moutlry may not make it to SEC play.

Just saying....I remember watching his HS video.  I honestly think he may kill a man or two  during those first few games and the SEC may force him to sit.     

TD has been out of position for yrs and will absolutely light it up this year.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@gravejd Not sure yet that's what we'll be in. Mason apparently isn't as married to the scheme as he was 5 or so years ago.

That is what i have gathered from the reading i have done. Makes it hard for me to fully analyze what we need personal wise! But still regardless of scheme we did not have a replacement for Britt last year and we did not sign any for sure run stuffers in the current class. Joko looks more like a OLB from what i have seen. So I still hope we sign a run stuffing ILB type that has experience. 

• Like 1

I am more worried about OLB's "if" do we run some true 3-4. I think Pappoe will be a really good piece to the puzzle where ever we put him, but he is not typical OLB size. I would love for us to bring in another 6-4/6-5 250 guy to be that force on the edge and bring the pass rush.

Pappoe, McClain, Stiener, Tidol, Brown are all in the 6-1 210 - 225 range. I worry about them taking on direct blocks and pulling guards. 

Wooten and moultry bring more size. 

I think they all can be great with a big DL in front of them being allowed to roam free and make tackles. 

Just now, AUgrad2013 said:

I am more worried about OLB's "if" do we run some true 3-4. I think Pappoe will be a really good piece to the puzzle where ever we put him, but he is not typical OLB size. I would love for us to bring in another 6-4/6-5 250 guy to be that force on the edge and bring the pass rush.

Pappoe, McClain, Stiener, Tidol, Brown are all in the 6-1 210 - 225 range. I worry about them taking on direct blocks and pulling guards. 

Wooten and moultry bring more size. 

I think they all can be great with a big DL in front of them being allowed to roam free and make tackles. 

Brown weighs more but still in that 6-0 range. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I like the TD to the inside move. He has proven in his time at AU that he is just not an effective pass rusher. Try him in the middle and see what he can do.