Transfer Portal (2021)

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sarchasm (n): The distance between your joke and Ellitor  

Let's Not delve this thread into a Bo Nix discussion. Please & Thank you! Signed, The Entire AUFamily Staff

Samantha that twitched her nose was on Bewitched.  It was Jeanie on I dream of Jeanie and she blinked.  Also Samantha didn’t vaporize into a bottle, Jeannie did.  Just  keeping y’all informed of my 19

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Shough has 3 years of eligibility, which makes him even more appealing. 

This kid looks great . He could beat Bo out of a job based on his skills 

1 hour ago, autan said:

If this kid were to transfer to Auburn I'm sure it would be with understanding that the position is open for competition.  No promises but open nonetheless. Interesting.....

At the initial talks stage right now gaging what real interest there is from both sides.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Is this the same kid?  

Seems very strange a 5* LB at Bama A) Has eligibility left b) isn't going pro after 5 years at Bama.

Same guy. He never really hit his groove at UA. I don’t think her ever started(?) and he didn’t see a lot of playing trim until last year. He was the #1 LB coming out of high school.

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t want to talk negatively about a kid because he might be a great person, but I don’t think he’s big-time SEC caliber. I know some kids from Bayside (3A) that played against him in high school in the playoffs, and he didn’t even stand out in the game. Also, Bama “struggled” at LB last year (or 2 years ago, idk), and he couldn’t even get PT. With that being said, what do I know? 

Edited by WarEagle2423
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I don’t want to talk negatively about a kid because he might be a great person, but I don’t think he’s big-time SEC caliber. I know some kids from Bayside (3A) that played against him in high school in the playoffs, and he didn’t even stand out in the game. Also, Bama “struggled” at LB last year (or 2 years ago, idk), and he couldn’t even get PT. With that being said, what do I know? 

You never know, each case is different. Some guys need a change of scenery to shine

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

You never know, each case is different. Some guys need a change of scenery to shine

In fairness to Ben Davis, UA typically has fifteen to twenty LBs on the roster, most of whom were top 8 at their position coming out of high school. I think UA has the option of going not just with the most talented kid, but the most talented kid who also has the best pre-exisiting disposition towards hard work. Maybe a change of scenery would help.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We could only hope

"We"? Not me. I don't understand this sort of attitude. Bo may not currently be the best QB in the nation, but he busts his ass on every play. He's a gifted athlete and a tough competitor who is, according to common wisdom, about to be receiving instruction from two QB whisperers. Why would AU want a gifted athlete like that to leave? What value does that contribute to AU? I wish we had not run off Joey, and I can't understand wanting Bo to leave. At absolute minimum Bo pushes the next guy to be better, but maybe he blossoms under Bobo/Harsin and becomes the five star he was billed as?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

In fairness to Ben Davis, UA typically has fifteen to twenty LBs on the roster, most of whom were top 8 at their position coming out of high school. I think UA has the option of going not just with the most talented kid, but the most talented kid who also has the best pre-exisiting disposition towards hard work. Maybe a change of scenery would help.

at fist I though there was no way they had 20 LB's on the roster, but I'll be damned if they don't. That is just insane

If Bo leaves forget about any chance of being competitive next year.  The backfield has already taken a beating this offseason with all the Rbs leaving.  Top 3 receivers gone.  Got a bunch of TEs though.

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

"We"? Not me. I don't understand this sort of attitude. Bo may not currently be the best QB in the nation, but he busts his ass on every play. He's a gifted athlete and a tough competitor who is, according to common wisdom, about to be receiving instruction from two QB whisperers. Why would AU want a gifted athlete like that to leave? What value does that contribute to AU? I wish we had not run off Joey, and I can't understand wanting Bo to leave. At absolute minimum Bo pushes the next guy to be better, but maybe he blossoms under Bobo/Harsin and becomes the five star he was billed as?

JG was never going to be a D1 QB though. Not in any real, modern passing O. Even after transfer to an O which fit his skillset, he was pedestrian. 

Edited by AUGunsmith
22 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If he gives us the equivalent of Corey Grant- I'm intentionally leaving out Carlton F. Davis- production, then I'd say he shined. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

at fist I though there was no way they had 20 LB's on the roster, but I'll be damned if they don't. That is just insane

LB's come in handy. They are well suited to be on special teams. Also, for some reason the position has an unusually high failure and injury rate.

We need to sign more every year than we've been signing. In his one recruiting year here, Muschamp signed five, if that's an indication of what can be done. No, we don't need 20 on the roster but we don't need to be as thin at LB as we have been either.

PS: Example is when Britt went out we didn't have anybody else who could plug the middle.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 4

Good example. I saw our guy in middle get trucked by big backs many times or else whiff on a side tackle attempt. We need a couple of big, strong, fast, and smart ILBs.  Hard to find.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:44 AM, AUinfusion said:

Not like the old days when ole Bear had 25 LBs on scholarship, half of whom never saw the field but at least Tennessee & Auburn didn't get them; then after the NCAAs "Bear Bryant Rule" limited football schollies, he attracted football players w/ "track scholarships".🤣

• Like 1