Null

Transfer Portal (2021)

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And it hasn't had the yearly after Spring ball explosion yet.

True but many that were contemplating leaving after spring may have just decided to pull the trigger early which may greatly impact the numbers after spring this year. Also dead period being lengthened may also be an inpact.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sarchasm (n): The distance between your joke and Ellitor  

Let's Not delve this thread into a Bo Nix discussion. Please & Thank you! Signed, The Entire AUFamily Staff

Samantha that twitched her nose was on Bewitched.  It was Jeanie on I dream of Jeanie and she blinked.  Also Samantha didn’t vaporize into a bottle, Jeannie did.  Just  keeping y’all informed of my 19

Posted Images

A lot of those transfers jump the gun with the potential 1 time transfer rule and the extra year of eligibility for everyone, especially seniors that graduate. This will probably be the worst(best) year regarding transfers.   I wonder how many end up staying where they are this year. 

Edited by AUBwins

Been checking this thread daily to see if Harsin and Bobo have any specific offensive line transfers in mind yet. I have seen it mentioned they plan on bringing in at least two, including a tackle, but it will be interesting to see if they decide to wait after spring to go start pursuing when more enter the portal. We need a couple of guys that can start immediately next year, especially at left tackle. 

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Been checking this thread daily to see if Harsin and Bobo have any specific offensive line transfers in mind yet. I have seen it mentioned they plan on bringing in at least two, including a tackle, but it will be interesting to see if they decide to wait after spring to go start pursuing when more enter the portal. We need a couple of guys that can start immediately next year, especially at left tackle. 

If the right one hits the Portal before Spring I am sure they would at least open the conversation. I think the reason so many are saying wait till Spring is that is when a lot make the decision to enter the Portal so better chance of finding the type player they want in the Portal.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUBwinsOnce they are in the portal the original school doesn't have to take them back.

I understand that, just wondering how the ones staying affect the portal numbers. 

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

And it hasn't had the yearly after Spring ball explosion yet.

Because they all entered the portal now and aren't waiting until spring to transfer.  Just like NSD, it ain't in spring.  Spring is gonna be tiny

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Because they all entered the portal now and aren't waiting until spring to transfer.  Just like NSD, it ain't in spring.  Spring is gonna be tiny

We don’t know that yet and someone who follows the stuff a lot more and better than us still expects a lot of transfers after the spring, Keith Niebuhr.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We don’t know that yet and someone who follows the stuff a lot more and better than us still expects a lot of transfers after the spring, Keith Niebuhr.

I expect it to be a large amount from what I've been told

• Like 1

If our coaches are smart, they will wait until after AU finishes spring practice to see what we actually need. The cupboard isn't nearly as bare as some seem to think. If there's a Driscoll or Council available, someone who wants to move up a level in competition like those two did, fine. I'm not all that hepped up about taking guys that couldn't or wouldn't cut it at their original P5 school.

This new staff will have a full cycle to work with next year and a few extra scholarships available then may be put to better use than signing transfers now.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

There will be some, but the bulk have transferred now b/c of COVID and the thought it was going to be a free year....before the NCAA pulled the rug out on everyone.  1800 kids have already transferred.  More than ever.  The bulk are in, some will transfer in the spring but the vast majority have already gone and done it.

We're even seeing kids transfer and commit to other schools before they graduate in May.  They are getting a head start

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If our coaches are smart, they will wait until after AU finishes spring practice to see what we actually need. The cupboard isn't nearly as bare as some seem to think. If there's a Driscoll or Council available, someone who wants to move up a level in competition like those two did, fine. I'm not all that hepped up about taking guys that couldn't or wouldn't cut it at their original P5 school.

This new staff will have a full cycle to work with next year and a few extra scholarships available then may be put to better use than signing transfers now.

I know you love cappin for Gus.  It might not be empty, but it's not stocked either.  Especially with quality talent.  Harsin knows this which is why we got a good OLB/DE and tried our hardest to upgrade the OL and are going heavy after a good CB.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin knows this which is why we got a good OLB/DE and tried our hardest to upgrade the OL and are going heavy after a good CB.

Uh, we only had 11 signees when Harsin took over. No matter who the coach was or what talent was coming back there were going to have to be 9 or 10 more added. Whether that's from high schoolers or transfers doesn't matter, 20 is the lowest we want to go. Beyond 20, it should be some unusual opportunity because we can use five extra next year.

- Former top 100 prospect and 2019 Auburn signee Mark-Antony Richards will graduate at the end of this semester with a degree in communications and plans to enroll at his next school this summer. He keeps things close to the vest, but don’t be shocked to see UCF, which just hired Richards’ former head coach Gus Malzahn, be the final destination. 

- Former Auburn offensive guard Kamaar Bell told 247Sports he’s down to Florida Atlantic, Eastern Kentucky and Old Dominion. Bell, who rated as the No. 586 overall player in the 2019 class, said he’s already signed but is waiting to announce.

Link

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I know you love cappin for Gus.  It might not be empty, but it's not stocked either.  Especially with quality talent.  Harsin knows this which is why we got a good OLB/DE and tried our hardest to upgrade the OL and are going heavy after a good CB.

What school is “fully stocked” except maybe the top 4/5 we all know. Even they look for quality transfers. Actual best timing I’m not sure anyone knows for sure due to 2020 being non routine in portal activity.

3 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

MAR graduating in 2 years???  he taking classes at AU now?

hell, if so, why did it take my daughter 4 years to get an industrial engineering degree?

I have the same question b/c it would've taken me at least 6   :headscratch:

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have the same question b/c it would've taken me at least 6   :headscratch:

42 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

hell, if so, why did it take my daughter 4 years to get an industrial engineering degree?

I’m betting a 2 year degree is not anywhere near the engineering dept.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

I bet he took a lot of college courses in HS, and I do remember his first year at Auburn he was All-Academic honor roll.

So he may have just been ahead of the college game...and being very smart was able to load up on classes, especially his first year since he was RS'd with the injury. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Uh, we only had 11 signees when Harsin took over. No matter who the coach was or what talent was coming back there were going to have to be 9 or 10 more added. Whether that's from high schoolers or transfers doesn't matter, 20 is the lowest we want to go. Beyond 20, it should be some unusual opportunity because we can use five extra next year.

This is the transfer portal thread.  Not the 2021 signing class thread.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

What school is “fully stocked” except maybe the top 4/5 we all know. Even they look for quality transfers. Actual best timing I’m not sure anyone knows for sure due to 2020 being non routine in portal activity.

I said just stocked, not fully stocked.

Yeah, I'm not talking about Bama level...but we are bare in areas and not stocked at all.  Definitely weak on the OL.  I think we're half stocked on the DL/DE.  RB is scary after Tank.

@Mikeyis right that the we're not a total tear down and rebuild.  We've got talent in areas and the portal is where we can patch it in.  I think we're in progress of doing that.  Got a quality DE/OLB. missing on the Harvard OL hopefully there is another, looks like we are going to really improve on our DB situation.

If we can find an OL to contribute in '22 I think we'd do a damn fine job of adding a DE/CB/OL.

I think it would be smart to find a seasoned WR.  I don't think we have a single WR with real experience.  A Sr would probably do that group some good.   

53 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I said just stocked, not fully stocked.

Yeah, I'm not talking about Bama level...but we are bare in areas and not stocked at all.  Definitely weak on the OL.  I think we're half stocked on the DL/DE.  RB is scary after Tank.

@Mikeyis right that the we're not a total tear down and rebuild.  We've got talent in areas and the portal is where we can patch it in.  I think we're in progress of doing that.  Got a quality DE/OLB. missing on the Harvard OL hopefully there is another, looks like we are going to really improve on our DB situation.

If we can find an OL to contribute in '22 I think we'd do a damn fine job of adding a DE/CB/OL.

I think it would be smart to find a seasoned WR.  I don't think we have a single WR with real experience.  A Sr would probably do that group some good.   

I wasn’t trying to misrepresent what you said. My point was in trying to side with Mikey’s post to wait till after Spring to fill the   Coaches perceived needs (which they would have much better assessment post Spring).

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I wasn’t trying to misrepresent what you said. My point was in trying to side with Mikey’s post to wait till after Spring to fill the   Coaches perceived needs (which they would have much better assessment post Spring).

Feel like a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. 

We're potentially missing in kids if we wait.  We clearly tried to get an OL, so we know we need one