Auburn Gymnastics πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

AUBwins

Another Auburn commit.Β This class is not ranked/rated yet.

2023-24 Bryn Bartman to Auburn

• 2019 Women's Junior Olympic National Championships, Indianapolis, Ind. - 8th-UB (Jr. A)
  • 2017 Women's Junior Olympic National Championships, Indianapolis, Ind. - (Jr. A)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Β 

2022 - 5-star Olivia Greaves - signed

2023 - 4-star Lyden Saltness - committed

2024 - Bryn Bartman - committed

Big recruiting update!

Suni spent the weekend in Auburn - recruiting!

Highly ranked 4-star elite gymnast -Β Addison Fatta was on an OV toΒ Auburn.

She is a highly ranked gymnast (2023 recruiting class), also being recruited by OklahomaΒ and Florida, possibly LSU.

UPDATE

A.Fatta is now committed to Oklahoma.

Still great to see that Suni is recruiting these top elite gymnasts.

Β 

nh6m3m6lslz71.jpg

Edited by AUreo

College Gymnastics is really becoming a thing:Β Packed arenas in the SEC and PAC12, tons of Olympians/World Champions/Elites flocking to college. First time in history that the AA Olympic gold medalist competes in college.Β Β Schools such as Utah and LSU investing heavily in facilities, Clemson starting a new program from scratch.Β 

Now, ABC broadcasting aΒ regular season meet for the first time...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Β  Β 

ESPN Features More than 60 Hours of Industry-Leading NCAA Gymnastics Coverage in 2022, ABC to Broadcast Regular Season Action for the First Time

New in 2022, ABC will broadcast a regular season contest, as two of the top teams in the Southeastern Conference, Alabama and Florida, flip into action on Sunday, Jan. 16 at 3 p.m.

HIGHLIGHTS

Alabama at Florida - ABC
Alabama at Auburn - ESPN2

Full season schedule:

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/11/espn-features-more-than-60-hours-of-industry-leading-ncaa-gymnastics-coverage-in-2022-abc-to-broadcast-regular-season-action-for-the-first-time/

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

Anyone get an update on Greaves injury?

I know she signed but after she withdrew from the last meet due to some injury to her knee, I haven't heard anything new. She has had chronic knee problems for too long now. I worry how effective she will be when she can train at Auburn again....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blakem said:

Are there any more big time gymnasts we are currently in on?

Hard to tell…thisΒ is a young team and we do not have many scholarships available +Β we areΒ late to the party (it basically started when Suni arrived).
Β 

Now, Suni and Olivia will have to start recruitingΒ the next generation. This is not easy because we only have two major elites while LSU andΒ Florida have a lot more highly ranked & well-connected gymnasts. Most of theΒ top SEC programs, Alabama, Florida, and LSU just keep signing 4-stars and 5-stars because of the long-lasting relationships with the top recruits.

Florida is totally stacked and two or three 4-star and 5-star L10s haven’t signed with the Gators yet (e.g. 5-star Sophia Butler but her IG still says Florida Gator commit).Β MaybeΒ we can pick up someone here depending on the scholarship situation.Β 
Β 

Other interesting names:

4-star Arielle Ward attended campΒ at Auburn in the past

4-star LydenΒ Saltness (committed)

4-star Julianne Huff (AL, followed by Auburn Gymnastics, not sure why this is the case because the AU account normally only follows AU gymnasts and committed gymnasts) - I think she is L10 now but previously competed at elite level (only AL based gymnastΒ during this time period).

unrated (potential 5-star)Β / Jr. Team USA memberΒ - Charlotte Booth (follows and regularly interacts with a number of Auburn Gymnasts via social media)

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 2:42 PM, steeleagle said:

Anyone get an update on Greaves injury?

I know she signed but after she withdrew from the last meet due to some injury to her knee, I haven't heard anything new. She has had chronic knee problems for too long now. I worry how effective she will be when she can train at Auburn again....

Β 

:(

Β 

Edited by AUreo

On 11/23/2021 at 6:36 PM, AUreo said:

Β 

Other interesting names:

4-star Arielle Ward attended campΒ at Auburn in the past

4-star LydenΒ Saltness (committed)

4-star Julianne Huff (AL, followed by Auburn Gymnastics, not sure why this is the case because the AU account normally only follows AU gymnasts and committed gymnasts) - I think she is L10 now but previously competed at elite level (only AL based gymnastΒ during this time period).

unrated (potential 5-star)Β / Jr. Team USA memberΒ - Charlotte Booth (follows and regularly interacts with a number of Auburn Gymnasts via social media)

New 4-star commit for Auburn! Graba&Suni starting to outrecruit everyone at AU including Bruce…

2023 class
Top in-state 4-starΒ (#16 nation)Β Julianne Huff commits to Auburn

L10 and former elite gymnast (only elite gymnast in the state of AL)

AuburnΒ now has two 4-star gymnasts committed in the 2023 class
Β 

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

2023 Current Recruiting Class Rankings per CGN

https://collegegymnews.com/2021/12/17/initial-class-of-2023-recruiting-class-rankings/

(mostΒ top gymnasts are already committed, except for some Int. gymnasts mostly from CAN and GB)

1 - LSU - Kylie Coen, Konnor McClain, Zoe Miller, Amari Drayton, Brooke Simpson, Leah Miller

2 - Alabama - Lily Smith, Jamison Sears, Chloe LaCoursiere, Whitney Bjerken, Audrey West, Gabriella Ladanyi

3 - Oklahoma - Caitlin Smith, Hannah Scheible, Addison Fatta, Keira Wells

4 - Stanford - Sydney Razeghi, Sienna Robinson, Victoria Cluck, Temple Landry

5 - Florida - Skye Blakely, Anya Pilgrim, Skylar Draser, Gabriella Disidore, Kaylee Bluffstone

[...]

11 - Georgia - Holly Snyder, Jaydah Battle, Emma Grace Boyd, Heather Parker

12 - Oregon State - Sophia Esposito, Olivia Buckner, Taylor DeVries

13 - Auburn - (4-star) Julianne Huff, (4-star) Lyden Saltness, (NR) Bryn Bartman

14 - UCLA - Sydney Barros, Katelyn Rosen

15 - Kentucky - Cadence Gormley, Cecily Rizo

Edited by AUreo

• 2 weeks later...

Minnesota's Suni Lee seeking balance after her life flipped in one golden year

Β 

https://www.wctrib.com/sports/7332725-Minnesotas-Suni-Lee-seeking-balance-after-her-life-flipped-in-one-golden-year#.YcpVQjr5fi4.reddit

Β 

A year ago, Lee led a typical teenage existence, save for the 40-plus hours she spent in the gym every week. She was a senior at South St. Paul High School, living in a quiet East Side neighborhood. A family reunion qualified as a big social event. Now, she's a super star.

FULL STORY:Β https://www.wctrib.com/sports/7332725-Minnesotas-Suni-Lee-seeking-balance-after-her-life-flipped-in-one-golden-year#.YcpVQjr5fi4.reddit

[...]

Suni's NIL deals:

"The Olympics vaulted her into an entirely new sphere. Lee now has a management group β€” "Team Suni" at Boston-based Smith & Saint β€” handling her business interests, and the agency pairs with Auburn to field a flood of requests for interviews and public appearances. Agent Britt St. George said Lee has deals with Amazon, Facebook, Free People clothing, GK Elite leotards and the electric vehicle maker VinFast, with more to come in 2022."

Upcoming season:

"Lee's star power created a run on tickets, with all of Auburn's home meets selling out within four days. A meet at Arkansas was moved to a larger venue to allow more people to see her.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:57 PM, AUreo said:

Lee's star power created a run on tickets, with all of Auburn's home meets selling out within four days. A meet at Arkansas was moved to a larger venue to allow more people to see her.

That last statement is impressive.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
  • AUBwins changed the title to Auburn Gymnastics πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

After 2 rotations Auburn's on top 98.825 LSU 98.75. Suni scored her first NCAA career 10.0 on bars in the first rotation and the momentum carried over to the vault and Auburn scored a season high vault score!!

• Thanks 1

LSU put up some crazy scores on floor to beat Auburn with a season high score of 197.975. Auburn put up a Program tying score of 197.750. We were led by Suni who posted an amazing All-Around score of 39.825 which currently has her tied for 1st with her Olympic teammate Jade Carey (Oregon State). What is so amazing is that this team score still has room to improve! We had to count an Out Of Bounds on Floor, and after a rocky start on UBs, we ended up counting a 9.775, but Suni anchored us with her first NCAA 10.0 on bars!Β 

Β 

Auburn will be back home this Friday against Missouri at 8PM CST.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Konnor reached out to Suni for support and guidance…I hope Konnor is doing better & maybe we can still flip her from LSU… that would be huge!

U.S. gymnast Konnor McClain on resetting after tragedy: "If Suni says it, then I can do it."

After the death of her father in December 2021, McClain turned to Olympic champion Sunisa Lee for support and guidance. The pair tell us how their friendship helped McClain get back on the mat.

https://olympics.com/en/news/konnor-mcclain-sunisa-lee-resetting-tragedy?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-organic&utm_campaign=twitter_global_news_tw-tweet_eae214deb7&utm_content=twitter_global_news_tw-tweet_eae214deb7

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Great interview with Chuck & Suni!

Β 

That was fantastic.Β 

7 Potential Hires for Clemson Head Coach
Β 

https://collegegymnews.com/2022/03/22/7-potential-hires-for-clemson-head-coach/

Ashley Johnston

Auburn elevated Ashley Johnston to associate head coach in 2022, the latest step in her meteoric rise up the NCAA coaching ranks. The Alabama alumna has been an assistant at Illinois and Auburn, as well as having a club tenure at Cincinnati Gymnastics Academy. Recruiting was part of her slate of duties at Illinois and Auburn, something that should be appealing to Clemson given the ground it needs to make up in that space as its inaugural season is fast approaching. She also brings name recognition and connections throughout the level 10, elite and NCAA worlds.

• 2 weeks later...

Good read:

β€œEven without the NIL, I knew I wanted to go to college anyway just because I had to come find my love for the sport again,” Lee said. β€œI had to get out of the elite world just because it is so different. This is so much more fun, and having the team be so supportive.”
Β 

Lee has a leotard line with GK Elite and a clothing line with Pretty Little Thing., which she tracks while living in a dormitory like other Auburn freshmen with roommate/teammate Sara Hubbard. She has splurged on a car and her first designer bag but mostly fears spending too much now and not having enough later.

β€œI’m so scared to actually use my money,” Lee said. β€œI’m so cautious with it because I have to be.”

Lee has also dealt with the sudden fame that comes with being an Olympic champion. She can’t just pop into the grocery store or have a quiet dinner out. She even stopped going to Auburn basketball games. It’s all a part of the new normal for a teenager who isn’t yet fully accustomed to the spotlight but is eager not to ever come off as standoffish
Β 

”It’s really hard, because even grabbing food, people come up to her and are just like, β€˜Hold my baby. Take my picture. Sign my shoes,’” Hubbard said of her roommate. β€œI think it’s just overwhelming. It’s kind of scary when a bunch of random people are just all in your business.”
Β 

Β 

Edited by AUreo

Jade Carey and possibly Jordan Chiles and Leanne Wong leaving NCAA and returning to elite. Seems like a new trend. Looks like they are starting early to train for the Olympics.
Β 

Let’s hope Suni stays with us for another year…

Β 

Edited by AUreo