Auburn Gymnastics 🥇🥈🥉

AUBwins

That's excellent to have an anchor like that. 

On 4/25/2022 at 10:03 PM, AUreo said:

Some updates:

CollegeGymNews ranks Auburn at #6 in its 2023 Way Too Early Power Rankings (see other post). Auburn could rank even higher should Derrian and Suni both return.

Clemson will announce its HC coach pretty soon (this week), source: reddit

Recruiting: 5-star & Team USA gymnast Jafree Scott (No.4 (2022) prospect in the nation) has decommitted from Florida (they already have some 5-stars committed and are interested in some top BIG10 transfers). Looks like she is considering Auburn, Mizzou, Kentucky, and possibly Clemson,source: LSU board 

Profile: https://usagym.org/pages/athletes/athleteListDetail.html?id=577251

National Team Camp: National team members will attend camp in Texas later this week. NCAA superstars Jade Carey (Oregon St), Leanne Wong (Florida), and Jordan Chiles (UCLA) will participate. No announcements from Suni and Olivia Greaves yet.

USC Football Spring game: Looks like Suni attended USC’s spring game in L.A. this past weekend.

Suni is a finalist for the Honda Sport Award

Do you have any update on Jafree? What LSU board did you get the info from?

58 minutes ago, blakem said:

Do you have any update on Jafree? What LSU board did you get the info from?

No update. I think it’s between UGA and Auburn based on several unofficial online rumors + she started following official UGA and Auburn IG accounts a few weeks ago (incl AU Football, Aubie the Tiger, our coaches, most AU gymnasts and even some of their parents. We probably don’t have many scholarships available now… it’s still a relatively young team + three incoming freshmen - maybe we are trying to work sth out…

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

No update. I think it’s between UGA and Auburn based on several unofficial online rumors + she started following official UGA and Auburn IG accounts a few weeks ago (incl AU Football, Aubie the Tiger, our coaches, most AU gymnasts and even some of their parents. We probably don’t have many scholarships available now… it’s still a relatively young team + three incoming freshmen - maybe we are trying to work sth out…

Thank you for the update

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

UPDATE

JaFree Scott signs with UGA

zgfn9m4wmjy81.jpg

Dang. I wondered if we had room though. Hard to think you could see both teams body of work this season and want to go to UGA.

23 minutes ago, blakem said:

Dang. I wondered if we had room though. Hard to think you could see both teams body of work this season and want to go to UGA.

UGA has serious issues, several top senior gymnasts about to transfer to other schools. They are not happy with the coaching situation. The current HC Courtney Kupets basically destroyed their elite recruiting pipelines and is also destroying the legendary UGA brand. The situation is somewhat comparable to UGA Basketball.

Reddit post:

I know recruiting fell apart (rumors that CKC pissed off Georgia Elite, and doesn't get [m]any recruits from there anymore.) but it is obviously more than that. The athletes don't look prepared. CKC looks bored and over it. Half of the time, she's nowhere near the competing athletes.

However they still managed to flip two 5-stars (Ariel Posen from UCLA and JaFree Scott who never signed with Florida). On the other hand, UGA lost the overall #1 2023 prospect Elizabeth Gantner to Utah earlier this year.

There is an interesting thread on reddit and also some comments on JaFree’s situation:

CKC had good enough athletes, but her coaching was horrible. UGA got Jafree Scott but I saw somewhere else that she has had a lot of injuries and competed only a few times since 2019. I am not convinced that adding 9 plus new athletes is the answer. I guess since she broke half the team w/ injuries or their spirits ( several retired seniors not even thanking her). I surely hope placing higher than 30th and athletes at least leaving program feeling good about their experience.

Edited by AUreo

11 hours ago, AUreo said:

UGA has serious issues, several top senior gymnasts about to transfer to other schools. They are not happy with the coaching situation. The current HC Courtney Kupets basically destroyed their elite recruiting pipelines and is also destroying the legendary UGA brand. The situation is somewhat comparable to UGA Basketball.

Reddit post:

I know recruiting fell apart (rumors that CKC pissed off Georgia Elite, and doesn't get [m]any recruits from there anymore.) but it is obviously more than that. The athletes don't look prepared. CKC looks bored and over it. Half of the time, she's nowhere near the competing athletes.

However they still managed to flip two 5-stars (Ariel Posen from UCLA and JaFree Scott who never signed with Florida). On the other hand, UGA lost the overall #1 2023 prospect Elizabeth Gantner to Utah earlier this year.

There is an interesting thread on reddit and also some comments on JaFree’s situation:

CKC had good enough athletes, but her coaching was horrible. UGA got Jafree Scott but I saw somewhere else that she has had a lot of injuries and competed only a few times since 2019. I am not convinced that adding 9 plus new athletes is the answer. I guess since she broke half the team w/ injuries or their spirits ( several retired seniors not even thanking her). I surely hope placing higher than 30th and athletes at least leaving program feeling good about their experience.

I had also read on a Florida board that they weren’t very upset about losing Jafree because she hasn’t competed in several years. Makes you wonder what is going on.

1 hour ago, blakem said:

I had also read on a Florida board that they weren’t very upset about losing Jafree because she hasn’t competed in several years. Makes you wonder what is going on.

Actually they are extremely stacked with Olympians and World Champions (former World Champion and freshman Morgan Hurd is coming of an injury and expected back next season) and they have Olympic-alternate and 5-star Kayla DiCello coming in (+ they still have this year's freshmen Leanne Wong who is an Olympic alternate and Vice-World Champion and former 5-star elite Riley McCusker). Florida is also going after some top PAC12 and BIG10 transfers.

There are two other elite 5-stars who are committed to Florida but did not sign with the Gators (similar to Jafree Scott): Sophia Butler and Shilese Jones who is extremely talented and could even make the Paris 2024 team. Maybe we can flip Sophia and/or Shilese from the Gators (Suni, Olivia Greaves, and Sophia Groth are extremely well-connected and friends with both).

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, AUreo said:

Actually they are extremely stacked with Olympians and World Champions (former World Champion and freshman Morgan Hurd is coming of an injury and expected back next season) and they have Olympic-alternate and 5-star Kayla DiCello coming in (+ they still have this year's freshmen Leanne Wong who is an Olympic alternate and Vice-World Champion and former 5-star elite Riley McCusker). Florida is also going after some top PAC12 and BIG10 transfers.

There are two other elite 5-stars who are committed to Florida but did not sign with the Gators (similar to Jafree Scott): Sophia Butler and Shilese Jones who is extremely talented and could even make the Paris 2024 team. Maybe we can flip Sophia and/or Shilese from the Gators (Suni, Olivia Greaves, and Sophia Groth are extremely well-connected and friends with both).

I’m unsure of the truth behind it, but I’ve seen some optimism among LSU fans about Butler.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blakem said:

I’m unsure of the truth behind it, but I’ve seen some optimism among LSU fans about Butler.

Many LSU gymnasts are former elites, so I am not surprised here.

Butler also has a long history with injuries.. Shilese would be the big prize though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUreo said:

Many LSU gymnasts are former elites, so I am not surprised here.

Butler also has a long history with injuries.. Shilese would be the big prize though.

I remember watching Shilese at at this past Olympic trials. She has the most power I’ve ever seen in a gymnast. If she can learn to control it then she’ll be phenomenal.

1 hour ago, blakem said:

Now that Duckworth is out at Bama, I’d look for Ashley Johnston so be pretty high on their list.

Yes, most likely. However, most people expected her to take the Clemson job. I would hate to lose APJ to Bama, she is too important.

• Like 1

Yes, she "resigned" - some reddit rumors based on Twitter rumors:

So Twitter is being cryptic and very "allegedly" today.

Can someone speak to where these allegations come from and if they bear any credibility?

https://twitter.com/StarskyGym/status/1528406717582688258

" “I can excuse racism but I draw the line at forgery and falsifications of documents.” - Bama AD probably "

https://twitter.com/MariaLuciaBee/status/1528448760778465282

" Allegedly a transfer was mishandled to make room for a 5th year or unexpected 5 star."

OK so being forced out.  Wow.  Probably really being forced out because Auburn beat them 2 years in a row 😆 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

Yes, she "resigned" - some reddit rumors based on Twitter rumors:

So Twitter is being cryptic and very "allegedly" today.

Can someone speak to where these allegations come from and if they bear any credibility?

https://twitter.com/StarskyGym/status/1528406717582688258

" “I can excuse racism but I draw the line at forgery and falsifications of documents.” - Bama AD probably "

https://twitter.com/MariaLuciaBee/status/1528448760778465282

" Allegedly a transfer was mishandled to make room for a 5th year or unexpected 5 star."

Bad if true