Auburn Gymnastics πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

AUBwins

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

Looks like she is not ranked but she is a senior elite.

Marissa is a GAGE gymnast and could help us establish a new recruiting pipeline. Leanne Wong, Kara Eaker, Sarah and Aleah Finnegan are all former GAGE gymnasts.

I am not sure how many spots are left on the team - maybe 1 more spot left?

However, some programs tend to oversign and work it out later... (e.g. Florida)

Β 

2022 U.S. Championships

Senior All-Around Results

https://thegymter.net/2022/08/22/2022-u-s-championships-results/

09. Katelyn Jong (4-star)

16. Marissa Neal

17. Ciena Alipio (5-star)

18. Joscelyn Roberson (4-star)

Β 

Watching her instagram, her gymnastics looks very good. No matter her lack of rank, I think she’s a good get.

6 hours ago, AUreo said:

Looks like she is not ranked but she is a senior elite.

Marissa is a GAGE gymnast and could help us establish a new recruiting pipeline. Leanne Wong, Kara Eaker, Sarah and Aleah Finnegan are all former GAGE gymnasts.

I am not sure how many spots are left on the team - maybe 1 more spot left?

However, some programs tend to oversign and work it out later... (e.g. Florida)

Β 

2022 U.S. Championships

Senior All-Around Results

https://thegymter.net/2022/08/22/2022-u-s-championships-results/

09. Katelyn Jong (4-star)

16. Marissa Neal

17. Ciena Alipio (5-star)

18. Joscelyn Roberson (4-star)

Β 

I was thinking, we may have 2 more schollies left if they do not expect Suni to stay after this season.

7 minutes ago, blakem said:

I was thinking, we may have 2 more schollies left if they do not expect Suni to stay after this season.

I think it's 1 more scholarship in this case, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blakem said:

4856F1CB-372E-407B-9F94-2D7AF750C20F.jpeg

Excellent! It makes sense since she is a senior elite and competed at the U.S. National Championships.

She will also compete for a spot to represent the U.S. at the World Championships (selection camp is scheduled for this weekend)!

The CGN re-rank could be interesting next spring. Katelyn and/or Marissa could get boosts from 4star to 5-star prospects maybe (this happened to Julianne Huff who was a 4-star originally).

Β 

What a great recruiting class!

5-star Olivia Ahern (L10)

4-star Marissa Neal (elite)

4-star Katelyn Jong (elite)

4-star Sophia Bell (L10)

3-star Anna Flynn Cashion (L10)

Β 

It would be still great to add Lily Bruce - but it seems like she is waiting for something. Llily and Avery Neff are the only 5-stars not committed yet. Apparently, Avery visited Florida this past weekend. Maybe, Lily is still planning to visit other schools (LSU?). Florida and LSU are both stacked though. UCLA might have a few spots left...

Edited by AUreo

Lily Bruce to Florida..Β 

This Auburn class is amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if Katelyn Jong or Marissa Neal get bumped in the CGN rankings.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kehnz said:

Lily Bruce to Florida..Β 

This Auburn class is amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if Katelyn Jong or Marissa Neal get bumped in the CGN rankings.

Kinda shocked. I read too much into her only having Auburn’s visit on her main IG.

2 minutes ago, blakem said:

Kinda shocked. I read too much into her only having Auburn’s visit on her main IG.

Agreed, I really thought we where the lean for her but I guess we weren’t :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kehnz said:

Agreed, I really thought we where the lean for her but I guess we weren’t :(

I don’t think we were the only ones. I saw several gymnastics twitter accounts predicting her to AU.

1 minute ago, blakem said:

I don’t think we were the only ones. I saw several gymnastics twitter accounts predicting her to AU.

I think it had to do with a multitude of reason, like friends β€œAvery Neff” Visiting Florida and maybe their going together, Scholarships, Premiere program. Idk I could only hope..Β 

2 minutes ago, AUreo said:

UF is stacked. I don't think they will be able to sign all of them.

Man I hope. They always have so many defer idk how they do it. Anyone know what happened to Sophia Butler that never signed at UF last year?

Just now, blakem said:

Man I hope. They always have so many defer idk how they do it. Anyone know what happened to Sophia Butler that never signed at UF last year?

Sophia Butler hasn't competed in years. Maybe she will end up at Clemson?

Similar to Lily Lippeatt who signed with Clemson (but was an LSU commit originally).Β 

Β 

Β 

This 2024 AU class is amazing even though I really wanted to land Lily. I think the combination of Lily/OliviaA/OliviaG would have helped tremendously to land Charlotte Booth (2025 class) but now I think UF could be the top favorite here.

• Like 1

I’m not concerned about AU not getting talent tho. There were teams with a greater quantity with far superior gymnasts and we beat them this year. Get these recruits on campus and Jeff will get them up to par with the rest of the SEC.

This 2024 AU class is amazing even though I really wanted to land Lily. I think the combination of Lily/OliviaA/OliviaG would have helped tremendously to land Charlotte Booth (2025 class) but now I think UF could be the top favorite here.

I know she isn’t on the team anymore, but Charlotte always seemed close with Payton Smith who medically retired this offseason. I believe they come from the same gym.

• Like 1

I’m not concerned about AU not getting talent tho. There were teams with a greater quantity with far superior gymnasts and we beat them this year. Get these recruits on campus and Jeff will get them up to par with the rest of the SEC.

It's more about the additional publicity and sending gymnasts to Olympics, Worlds, etc.

Gymnasts like Suni, Konnor, Shilese, Jordan, etc generate national media attention, some of them have global fanbases...

• Like 1

It's more about the additional publicity and sending gymnasts to Olympics, Worlds, etc.

Gymnasts like Suni, Konnor, Shilese, Jordan, etc generate national media attention, some of them have global fanbases...

Very true and I think Auburn is far better bc of Suni even if she only stays for 2 seasons. Her impact will always remain and we’ll grow stronger each season.

Edited by blakem
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, blakem said:

Β 

I hope we get word soon on Olivia Greaves and if/when she’ll be back.

I would have to agree with AUero about Olivia thinking of medically retiring for gym. To think of going through your 4th knee surgery must be mentally killer and also wanting to push and continue with gymnastics knowing their’s a risk would be hard for anyone.

• Like 1

UF 2025:

This is insanity. It seems like Avery Neff might be between Utah and Florida (based on reddit comments)

UF.jpg

Edited by AUreo

1 minute ago, Kehnz said:

Β 

I would have to agree with AUero about Olivia thinking of medically retiring for gym. To think of going through your 4th knee surgery must be mentally killer and also wanting to push and continue with gymnastics knowing their’s a risk would be hard for anyone.

I agree I’m leaning towards her medically retiring depending on how bad the injury is(which I’ve not seen publicized but seems pretty bad) I just selfishly want to see her compete for AU.