Auburn Gymnastics šŸ„‡šŸ„ˆšŸ„‰

AUBwins

2 minutes ago, blakem said:

This is absolutely absurd. Iā€™m not good at reading these but are they over their schollie limit?

I'm pretty certain that the Schollie limit is 12-13 so they would possibly way to many as of right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blakem said:

This is absolutely absurd. Iā€™m not good at reading these but are they over their schollie limit?

Yes, I think so. The limit is 13 scholarships.Ā 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Yes, I think so. The limit is 13 scholarships.Ā 

Well good. Maybe AU can snag a few of their recruits. I wonder if they expect Shilese or Skye to not return after the Olympics?

Edited by blakem

7 minutes ago, blakem said:

Well good. Maybe AU can snag a few of their recruits. I wonder if they expect Shilese or Skye to not return after the Olympics?

Iā€™ll put money on Shilese.

• Like 1

UCLA is interesting. Apparently they didn't land any top recruits this year because of the upcoming Big10 move. It would be too much travelling for the athletes. Recruits and their parents are not happy about it.Ā 

Reddit:

I think in the coming years pac 12 teams will have trouble with recruitment. Especially ucla moving to the big 10 Iā€™m sure is turning a lot of recruits away. Kailin chio being one of them (her mom confirmed on Twitter that the travelling would be too much). I donā€™t think ucla has gotten a big name recruit (if any at all) for ā€˜24. While most sec schools have filled their classes.

This article explains the details:

https://swimswam.com/pac-12-commissioner-urges-uc-regents-to-block-uclas-move-to-big-ten/

-Ā According to Kliavkoff, UCLA athletes would double their time spent in airplanes and increase by nearly half their time on buses traveling to the Central and Eastern time zones, potentially taking a toll on their bodies, their mental health, and their academic performance.Ā 

- Kliavkoff added that because 70% of UCLAā€™s alumni live on the West Coast, road matchups in states such as Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Maryland would be tougher to attend.Ā 

- A sourceĀ told ESPNĀ that UCLAā€™s internal estimates show the school is expecting to spend about $6-10 million more per year on travel, significantly less than the potential increase of $23 million referenced in Kliavkoffā€™s letter.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUreo said:

UCLA is interesting. Apparently they didn't land any top recruits this year because of the upcoming Big10 move. It would be too much travelling for the athletes. Recruits and their parents are not happy about it.Ā 

Reddit:

I think in the coming years pac 12 teams will have trouble with recruitment. Especially ucla moving to the big 10 Iā€™m sure is turning a lot of recruits away. Kailin chio being one of them (her mom confirmed on Twitter that the travelling would be too much). I donā€™t think ucla has gotten a big name recruit (if any at all) for ā€˜24. While most sec schools have filled their classes.

This article explains the details:

https://swimswam.com/pac-12-commissioner-urges-uc-regents-to-block-uclas-move-to-big-ten/

-Ā According to Kliavkoff, UCLA athletes would double their time spent in airplanes and increase by nearly half their time on buses traveling to the Central and Eastern time zones, potentially taking a toll on their bodies, their mental health, and their academic performance.Ā 

- Kliavkoff added that because 70% of UCLAā€™s alumni live on the West Coast, road matchups in states such as Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Maryland would be tougher to attend.Ā 

- A sourceĀ told ESPNĀ that UCLAā€™s internal estimates show the school is expecting to spend about $6-10 million more per year on travel, significantly less than the potential increase of $23 million referenced in Kliavkoffā€™s letter.Ā 

The part that's overlooked with expansion. Can you imagine killing a dynasty program like that?Ā 

• Like 3

I think the last person to be added to this class would be 24ā€™ Brooke Dennis 3-star, Was on an OV when Anna Flynn took her OV

I think she could be another walk on or who knows. But thatā€™s possibly the only person that I could think of in the 24ā€™ class to watch for. Ā  AS OF RIGHT NOW

Any others on your mind in the 24ā€™?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kehnz said:

I think the last person to be added to this class would be 24ā€™ Brooke Dennis 3-star, Was on an OV when Anna Flynn took her OV

I think she could be another walk on or who knows. But thatā€™s possibly the only person that I could think of in the 24ā€™ class to watch for. Ā  AS OF RIGHT NOW

Any others on your mind in the 24ā€™?

I know the official IG follows Joscelyn Roberson. Any idea if she could come on a visit? Sheā€™s visited Michigan, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

I could be wrong but I think theirā€™s a maximum of the 3 OV per year, AUreo may know more than me, but I do think where in the mix and who know she may have unofficially visited but it would be interesting. To your question I donā€™t think she OV us ā€œyetā€. Depends on how many OVs she could take per year and I think thatā€™s 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakem said:

I know the official IG follows Joscelyn Roberson. Any idea if she could come on a visit? Sheā€™s visited Michigan, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

Ā 

I could be wrong but I think theirā€™s a maximum of the 3 OV per year, AUreo may know more than me, but I do think where in the mix and who know she may have unofficially visited but it would be interesting. To your question I donā€™t think she OV us ā€œyetā€. Depends on how many OVs she could take per year and I think thatā€™s 3

2 hours ago, Kehnz said:

I could be wrong but I think theirā€™s a maximum of the 3 OV per year, AUreo may know more than me, but I do think where in the mix and who know she may have unofficially visited but it would be interesting. To your question I donā€™t think she OV us ā€œyetā€. Depends on how many OVs she could take per year and I think thatā€™s 3.

I had no idea there was a max of 3 due to how many visits Avery Neff has taken. I also wish we would get in on Levi Jung-Ruivivar because she has major 5-star potential.

29 minutes ago, blakem said:

I had no idea there was a max of 3 due to how many visits Avery Neff has taken. I also wish we would get in on Levi Jung-Ruivivar because she has major 5-star potential.

Ok I was wrong just researched it.

https://www.ncsasports.org/college-gymnastics/recruiting-rules-calendar

• Any time: College coaches can send recruits general materials, such as questionnaires, camp information, non-athletic information about the school and materials published by the NCAA.
  • June 15 after sophomore year: Student-athletes can receive personal contact and recruiting materials from college coaches. That means coaches can call athletes, send text messages, direct messages and emails and even make verbal offers.
  • August 1 before junior year: Recruits can begin taking unofficial and official visits to schools. Student-athletes can take one official visit per school and are limited to five total official visits. Gymnastics coaches can also conduct off-campus contact with recruits at this time.

1 hour ago, blakem said:

Levi:

"Jung-Ruivivar has said sheā€™s deciding between UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Denver, and Michigan." - reddit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

Levi:

"Jung-Ruivivar has said sheā€™s deciding between UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Denver, and Michigan." - reddit

I just saw that. Itā€™s a shame

5 hours ago, Kehnz said:

Ok I was wrong just researched it.

https://www.ncsasports.org/college-gymnastics/recruiting-rules-calendar

• Any time: College coaches can send recruits general materials, such as questionnaires, camp information, non-athletic information about the school and materials published by the NCAA.
  • June 15 after sophomore year: Student-athletes can receive personal contact and recruiting materials from college coaches. That means coaches can call athletes, send text messages, direct messages and emails and even make verbal offers.
  • August 1 before junior year: Recruits can begin taking unofficial and official visits to schools. Student-athletes can take one official visit per school and are limited to five total official visits. Gymnastics coaches can also conduct off-campus contact with recruits at this time.

Yes, 5 OVs is pretty much standard across all sports...

- - - - - - - -Ā 

IMO we should keep 1 spot open, just in case. We might still be able to flip a highly ranked gymnast in the coming months (it happens, Ariel Posen/UCLA -> UGA, Elizabeth Gantner/ UGA -> Utah. Lily Smith/Alabama --> UGA are just some examples) - and unless we can land an elite or a top L10 gymnast now, we should just wait and see...

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, blakem said:

It might be possible (she sometimes retweets Olivia Ahern related content) - maybe this could be the connection.

Looks like she is now training at WCC (Olivia's old gym)...

Ā 

45 minutes ago, AUreo said:

It might be possible (she sometimes retweets Olivia Ahern related content) - maybe this could be the connection.

Looks like she is now training at WCC (Olivia's old gym)...

Ā 

According to her instagram, she isnā€™t taking anymore visits and hope to make her decision soon. Bummer

I am already researching the 2025 class. The only top junior level gymnasts I am aware of are Charlotte Booth, Ashlee Sullivan (WOGA), Ella Murphy (WOGA), Autumn Reingold, Nola Matthews, Tina Sumanasekara, and Zoey Molomo (Metroplex). We should keep an eye on Booth and Molomo.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

Avery Neff is announcing her commitment tonight (Utah, Florida, LSU are the favorites)... LSU fans seem confident.

Edited by AUreo

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

Avery Neff is announcing her commitment tonight (Utah, Florida, LSU are the favorites)... LSU fans seem confident.

Might as well pull for Florida. No way they can make the numbers work

• Like 1

Suni might not leave us anytime soon (via reddit):

Suni Lee might not compete at the 2024 Paris Olympics

https://nextshark.com/suni-lee-2024-paris-olympics/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1666030569

_ _ _ _ _ _

IMO she has nothing to prove but I can understand that she wants to experience the real Olympics with spectators and maybe win some more medals...

Ā 

Edited by AUreo

Ā 

Can clearly understand why this is banned, but my goodness what an insane routine!

• Like 1