Auburn Gymnastics 🥇🥈🥉

AUBwins

• 2 weeks later...

Great news!

2024 recruiting class

5-star (#7 nation) Olivia Ahern is now committed to Auburn!

Olivia is ranked #7 in the nation.

Profile:

AU recruiting classes:

5-star (#9 nation) Olivia Greaves - signed

3-star Hannah Hagle - signed

3-star Haley John - signed

5-star (#11 nation) Julianne Huff

4-star Lyden Saltness

5-star (#7 nation) Olivia Ahern

NR Bryn Bartman

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Congrats to Olivia, welcome to AU!!!....I just wish the football coaching staff could reel in some 5 stars like the Gymnastic team does!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AUreo said:

Great news!

2024 recruiting class

5-star (#7 nation) Olivia Ahern is now committed to Auburn!

Olivia is ranked #7 in the nation.

Profile:

AU recruiting classes:

5-star (#9 nation) Olivia Greaves - signed

3-star Hannah Hagle - signed

5-star (#11 nation) Julianne Huff

4-star Lyden Saltness

5-star (#7 nation) Olivia Ahern

There is also 

2022- 3-star Hailey John

2023- UR Bryn Bartman

My apologies. Bryn Bartman is a 2023.

Edited by blakem

Just wanted to reemphasize!  War Eagle!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blakem said:

There is also 

2022- 3-star Hailey John

2024- UR Bryn Bartman

Yes, somehow I always forget to list them. IMO, Bryn should also be ranked. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:
Just wanted to reemphasize!  War Eagle!

I suspected we were recruiting Olivia Ahern hard based on her IG activities and followers list. Olivia and Julianne both will make immediate impacts (similar to Sophia Groth).

I have no idea about other 2024 recruits but I think we might have a shot at U.S. national gymnast Charlotte Booth (2025 class) - she seems to be close with some of our gymnasts. I think she would be our highest ranked recruit since Suni.

Charlotte Booth:

https://usagym.org/pages/athletes/athleteListDetail.html?id=953991

_ _ _ _ _ _

Some other news:

Some online rumors that #1 ranked (2023) and 5-star Alabama commit Jamison Sears might decommit soon (she could flip to UGA or LSU). Bama already lost #2 ranked Lily Smith to UGA. Also, I don't think Julianne Huff will follow APJ to Bama. she seems to be pretty excited that Olivia A. is committed to us now (based on her IG reaction).

SEC News:

Florida gymnastics star Trinity Thomas returning to program for fifth season

https://eu.gatorsports.com/story/more-sports/2022/06/28/gymnastics-trinity-thomas-returning-florida-gators-uf-fifth-season-honda-sports-award/7752768001/

2024 5-star Danielle Ferris (#3 nation) is now committed to Florida and 5-star (#2 nation) Lily Pederson committed to Oklahoma recently.

Edited by AUreo

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Should or will be?

I think she would be ranked already. She is not an unknown gymnast and also highly connected though.

This is also an interesting quote (Business Insider) and could help with recruiting:

She [Suni] noted that her presence at Auburn has helped her teammates get the recognition they deserve, too. "Even my teammates were getting a lot of NIL deals — that was really important to me," Lee said. "I knew I wanted to go to Auburn to shine light on my other teammates as well [as myself], because we knew that we were getting a lot of attention then."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AUreo said:

I suspected we were recruiting Olivia Ahern hard based on her IG activities and followers list. Olivia and Julianne both will make immediate impacts (similar to Sophia Groth).

I have no idea about other 2024 recruits but I think we might have a shot at U.S. national gymnast Charlotte Booth (2025 class) - she seems to be close with some of our gymnasts. I think she would be our highest ranked recruit since Suni.

Charlotte Booth:

https://usagym.org/pages/athletes/athleteListDetail.html?id=953991

_ _ _ _ _ _

Some other news:

Some online rumors that #1 ranked (2023) and 5-star Alabama commit Jamison Sears might decommit soon (she could flip to UGA or LSU). Bama already lost #2 ranked Lily Smith to UGA. Also, I don't think Julianne Huff will follow APJ to Bama. she seems to be pretty excited that Olivia A. is committed to us now (based on her IG reaction).

SEC News:

Florida gymnastics star Trinity Thomas returning to program for fifth season

https://eu.gatorsports.com/story/more-sports/2022/06/28/gymnastics-trinity-thomas-returning-florida-gators-uf-fifth-season-honda-sports-award/7752768001/

2024 5-star Danielle Ferris (#3 nation) is now committed to Florida and 5-star (#2 nation) Lily Pederson committed to Oklahoma recently.

A Jamison Sears flip would be absolutely huge for us and devastating for the Tide. I saw in IG that she just attended Bama camp not long ago tho. May have just been getting a feel for the staff.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:36 AM, blakem said:

@AUreo would you have any more tidbits of info on possible Auburn gym targets of any class?

It's really hard to find info (mostly requires scanning reddit, the LSU and Florida gymnastics threads since some posters are insiders and even talk to recruits and their families, Twitter and IG accounts + some other boards).

Julianne Huff and Olivia Ahern were highly involved with several Auburn gymnasts on IG, so it was easy to identify them as targets. As mentioned, 2025 prospect Charlotte Booth could be another target. She seems to be very engaged with several AU gymnasts on IG. Charlotte is a U.S. national gymnast who could make the U.S. Olympic team in 2024. I think she would be our highest rated recruit since Suni. However, I am sure Florida (!), LSU, Alabama, and Georgia are still in the mix.

Not sure about 2024 recruits, many of the other well known gymnasts seem to be longtime UCLA and Utah leans...  

We probably still have 2-3 scholarships available (depending on Suni) - (2024 and 2025 classes).

The 2025 and 2026 teams could be extremely competitive: Suni(?) + 5stars Julianne, Olivia G, and Olivia A, and then Sophia and Lyden, possibly another 5-star (Charlotte)...

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AUreo said:

The 2025 and 2026 teams could be extremely competitive: Suni(?) + 5stars Julianne, Olivia G, and Olivia A, and then Sophia and Lyden, possibly another 5-star (Charlotte).

I would love this.  Have a hard time seeing Suni being here by then but it would be fun. 

9 hours ago, AUreo said:

It's really hard to find info (mostly requires scanning reddit, the LSU and Florida gymnastics threads since some posters are insiders and even talk to recruits and their families, Twitter and IG accounts + some other boards).

Julianne Huff and Olivia Ahern were highly involved with several Auburn gymnasts on IG, so it was easy to identify them as targets. As mentioned, 2025 prospect Charlotte Booth could be another target. She seems to be very engaged with several AU gymnasts on IG. Charlotte is a U.S. national gymnast who could make the U.S. Olympic team in 2024. I think she would be our highest rated recruit since Suni. However, I am sure Florida (!), LSU, Alabama, and Georgia are still in the mix.

Not sure about 2024 recruits, many of the other well known gymnasts seem to be longtime UCLA and Utah leans...  

We probably still have 2-3 scholarships available (depending on Suni) - (2024 and 2025 classes).

The 2025 and 2026 teams could be extremely competitive: Suni(?) + 5stars Julianne, Olivia G, and Olivia A, and then Sophia and Lyden, possibly another 5-star (Charlotte)...

I was curious bc I saw on the college gym news scholarship chart we have to spots open that could be used in the class of 23

July 3-6 Women's National Team camp to encompass Pan American Championships selection event

https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=27576&fbclid=IwAR3n5Tl5_ypquKCXKWLyaEn7ORkW-r0OwtO-8kq7udQ9i0W_Kp8D6qVEQyE

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 1, 2022) - Junior and Senior Women's National Team members will gather for camp and Pan American Championships selection July 3-6 in Katy, Texas. Several additional elite gymnasts have also been invited to attend. Over the course of the four-day camp, participants will work on competition readiness ahead of the domestic season, and some attendees will vie for the chance to represent the U.S. at the 2022 Junior and Senior Pan American Championships July 14-17 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Four junior athletes and five seniors, plus one traveling replacement gymnast for each division, will comprise the Pan American Championships team. Gymnasts interested in being selected to a team spot will compete July 4 and may verify on select apparatus July 5. The highest all-around scorers for each division from Monday's competition will earn automatic team spots. The selection committee will name the remaining team members.

Gymnasts in attendance are listed below alphabetically by division.

Senior
Ciena Alipio, Maplewood, Minn./Midwest Gymnastics Center
Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
Charlotte Booth, Clermont, Fla./Brandy Johnson's Global Gymnastics
Jade Carey, Phoenix, Ariz./Oregon State University Gymnastics Academy*
Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill's Gymnastics
Addison Fatta, Wrightsville, Pa./Prestige Gymnastics
Shilese Jones, Auburn, Wash./Ascend Gymnastics Center*
Katelyn Jong, Allen, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics
Levi Jung-Ruivivar, Woodland Hills, Calif./Twin City Twisters
Sunisa Lee, St. Paul, Minn./Midwest Gymnastics Center*
Lauren Little, Mooresville, N.C./Everest Gymnastics
Nola Matthews, Gilroy, Calif./Airborne Gymnastics Training Center
Konnor McClain, Cross Lanes, W.Va./WOGA Gymnastics*
Zoe Miller, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
Elle Mueller, Ham Lake, Minn./Twin City Twisters
Brooke Pierson, Canby, Ore./WOGA Gymnastics
Joscelyn Roberson, Texarkana, Texas/North East Texas Elite Gymnastics
Katelyn Rosen, Boerne, Texas/Twin City Twisters
Ashlee Sullivan, Richardson, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics*
Lexi Zeiss, Omaha, Neb./Twin City Twisters

Junior
Dulcy Caylor, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
Norah Christian, Bremerton, Wash./Cascade Elite West
Nicole Desmond, Wind Gap, Pa./First State Gymnastics
Kieryn Finnell, Pittsford, N.Y./Rochester Gymnastics Academy
Jayla Hang, Bellevue, Wash./Pacific Reign Gymnastics
Madray Johnson, Dallas, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics*
Avery King, Dallas, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
Zoey Molomo, Frisco, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics
Ella Murphy, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
Michelle Pineda, Allen, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics
Christiane Popovich, West Des Moines, Iowa/Midwest Gymnastics Center
Hezly Rivera, Plano, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
Simone Rose, Sammamish, Wash./Pacific Reign Gymnastics
Audrey Snyder, Annapolis, Md./First State Gymnastics
Izzy Stassi, North Royalton, Ohio/Gym X-Treme
Tiana Sumanasekera, Pleasanton, Calif./West Valley Gymnastics School
Gabby Van Frayen, Lewis Center, Ohio/Gym X-Treme
Finley Weldon, Fairview, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
Kelise Woolford, Blacklick, Ohio/Buckeye Gymnastics
Alicia Zhou, San Antonio, Texas/Love Gymnastics

• Like 1

Just now, AUreo said:

July 3-6 Women's National Team camp to encompass Pan American Championships selection event

https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=27576&fbclid=IwAR3n5Tl5_ypquKCXKWLyaEn7ORkW-r0OwtO-8kq7udQ9i0W_Kp8D6qVEQyE

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 1, 2022) - Junior and Senior Women's National Team members will gather for camp and Pan American Championships selection July 3-6 in Katy, Texas. Several additional elite gymnasts have also been invited to attend. Over the course of the four-day camp, participants will work on competition readiness ahead of the domestic season, and some attendees will vie for the chance to represent the U.S. at the 2022 Junior and Senior Pan American Championships July 14-17 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Per reddit:

"Jade is there too, but neither of them [Jade and Suni] are pursuing selection for the PanAms team (nor are Konnor or Shilese). But I hope we get to see some training footage.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 3:42 AM, blakem said:

With Tara Walsh transferring to Michigan State, could this open up a spot for a transfer or signee to Auburn?

I don't think she was on scholarship here (-> not sure how accurate CGN rosters are though).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most Anticipated Elite Freshmen on Vault

The most anticipated series is back! We looked at the data and videos for each incoming elite freshman on each event to see which gymnasts are at the top of their class across the apparatuses and in the all-around. This week we’re looking at the top elite vaulters for 2023.

Without as much data to work with as the level 10 rankings, and since many of the difficult vaults will be downgraded once the gymnast gets to college, we focused on the factors that are typically the source of most deductions in NCAA: form, amplitude, distance and landing. We also took into account the potential impact the gymnast could make to their school’s vault lineup.

https://collegegymnews.com/2022/08/17/most-anticipated-elite-freshmen-on-vault-3/

Olivia Greaves, Auburn

Greaves is a bit of a wildcard on this list, as she has suffered a string of injuries that have limited her presence at competitions in recent seasons. However, when healthy, she is capable of a well-executed Yurchenko double twist, and the full-twisting version would also be a possibility for college.

• Thanks 2

More info here:

Olympic, World medalists headed to Tampa for 2022 OOFOS U.S. Gymnastics Championships
posted on 08/09/2022

https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=27749

Senior Women

[UCLA] Ciena Alipio, San Jose, Calif./Midwest Gymnastics Center
[Florida] Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
Charlotte Booth, Clermont, Fla./Brandy Johnson's Global Gymnastics
[Oregon St] Jade Carey, Phoenix, Ariz./Oregon State University
[UCLA] Jordan Chiles, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
[Florida] Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill's Gymnastics
Amelia Disidore, Overland Park, Kan./Great American Gymnastics Express
[Oklahoma] Addison Fatta, Wrightsville, Pa./Prestige Gymnastics
[Auburn] Olivia Greaves, Staten Island, N.Y./World Champions Centre