2022 4* WR Omari Kelly Commits to Auburn!!!

ellitor

I'm really excited about this addition. Big body and really athletic.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm really excited about this addition. Big body and really athletic.

If he commits to AU seems like a Seth Williams type

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

If he commits to AU seems like a Seth Williams type

I just watched the video posted in this Topic. That is what I was thinking too. Hoping Keith is right again.

24 minutes ago, fredst said:

If When he commits to AU seems like a Seth Williams type

FIFY

83F7D59D-48CB-43F3-B334-7FECF7BCCA00.png

• Love 5
  • Haha 2

4-star WR Omari Kelly commits to Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 3 minutes ago

Auburn Quarterbacks Work On Their Passing Skills

grant-loy-14-and-bo-nix-640x360-todd.jpg

A good day got even better for Auburn when 4-star receiver Omari Kelly of Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.) committed to the Tigers early Thursday evening. That news came less than four hours after two-sport standout (basketball/football) Tre Donaldson announced his intention to sign with Auburn.

Kelly, who is 6-feet-2, 180 pounds, was one of Auburn's top offensive targets. He's the No. 19 "athlete" in the country for the industry generated 247Sports Composite and checks in as the No. 12 recruit in the state of Alabama. Last season, Kellycaught 39 passes for 710 yards and seven touchdowns.

Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky and UCF were his finalists. Kelly silently committed to the Tigers a couple weeks ago.

He is commitment No. 11 for Auburn, which had only three verbals when July began. The Tigers started the day at No. 56 in the 247Sports recruiting team rankings but now sit in the No. 38 spot. They were 81st seven weeks ago.

Auburn now has two 2022 receivers committed as Kelly joins Jay Fair of Texas. The Tigers are likely to add one more receiver this cycle and 4-star recruit Darrius Clemons of Oregon is the top remaining target. He will visit Auburn on Sept. 4 with two coaches and three family members.

As Kelly's public commit announcement neared, the Tigers surged to a commanding lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball. But not that long ago many thought he'd land with the Tide.

The previous Auburn staff offered Kelly on Sept. 23, 2020. But he didn't immediately emerge as a key target for first-year coach Bryan Harsin and Co. The Tigers did not re-offer Kelly until he camped at Auburn in June — and performed at a high level with the Tigers watching him. From that point on, it became obvious he was a priority to Harsin, offensive coordinator Mike Boboand receivers coach Cornelius Williams

By late July, Auburn had emerged as perhaps the leading contender.

At Big Cat, Auburn's signature recruiting event, Kelly visited with his mother and came away impressed. Behind the scenes, the Auburn staff was said to have growing confidence the Tigers could land the touted prospect.

“Basically, Coach Harsin was telling me he feels like I could come in and make a pretty good impact," Kelly told Auburn Undercover. "They liked my vibe and everything with me coming and seeming like a leader.”

247SPORTS EVALUATION: Listed as an athlete, Kelly would play receiver at Auburn. He's tall, lean and long -- and has a knack for getting open. He runs with longer strides, so it often looks as if he's cruising. But when you turn on the video, you see that he definitely has an extra gear. On the track, Kelly recorded a top 100-meters time this spring of 11.33 seconds. His best event was the 400 meters, in which he placed ninth at state (49.65). Worth noting, he also has long jumped over 21 feet. He seems to play a little faster than those times would indicate. For a senior in high school, his routes are solid and his ability to get in and out of his breaks help him gain separation. Hands wise, that's where he stands out among many. Also, he has a very good catch radius.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

War Eagle and welcome to the family. The O is killing it on Skill players 1QB, 1RB,. 1TE, 2 WR and looking good for one more. Need 1 more RB and we should be good on all our O skill Positions. Now we need the men upfront, the big boys that make the O go.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

War Eagle and welcome to the family. The O is killing it on Skill players 1QB, 1RB,. 1TE, 2 WR and looking good for one more. Need 1 more RB and we should be good on all our O skill Positions. Now we need the men upfront, the big boys that make the O go.

Auburn may need to change its recruiting strategy for the OL. Over sign on DL and convert some to OL.

Just got home from AAU wrestling practice. Pow!!! Told y'all! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Who’s next Demari?

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Who’s next Demari?

Darrius Clemons unless Drew Bobo pops off.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Coach Corn with the big get today baby!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Darrius Clemons unless Drew Bobo pops off.

I’m seeing double and I don’t even drink. 😝 

• Haha 1

This is a great get by Coach Corn!! Kelly has a special refinement to his game at the HS level and he's got great hands to go along with that size and athleticism.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Just got home from AAU wrestling practice. Pow!!! Told y'all! 

Man, @Zeek, you are so lucky. If you would have jinxed us on this one….

E4013607-202C-46DB-8F61-D2EE2A4B256D.gif

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 3

War Eagle. This kid has moxie for sure!! Loved the video, especially whe he thru away the pup and uats gloves down!! War Eagle