2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Everything I've seen says he's an EE

Apparently this weekend he’s in Ann Arbor where it’s pouring rain with 50 mph wind gusts. 

31 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Apparently this weekend he’s in Ann Arbor where it’s pouring rain with 50 mph wind gusts. 

I'm currently in Minnesota where its 15 degrees and getting 8 inches of snow.  Ann Arbor sounds great right now.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Didn't Zeek say it was possible that he could decide to push it back?

Any high school player can push his signing day back to February. There is nothing binding about a kid saying he'll enroll early.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Any high school player can push his signing day back to February. There is nothing binding about a kid saying he'll enroll early.

To state the obvious:

They can also sign later than February. They have been able to for awhile. The problem with later than February and now February itself is that there is less attention given. As a general rule of thumb, the players love the attention. Hence why December is now so popular as it comes with greater fanfare. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Any word on how his Michigan visit went?

Didn't make it. In a unexpected turn of events AU hired Peaches to take Clemons to a undisclosed location until signing day. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Didn't make it. In a unexpected turn of events AU hired Peaches to take Clemons to a undisclosed location until signing day. 

Chewachla?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WFE12 said:

Now KEEF is not so sure about his CB after the Michigan visit… This week will be a lot of fun.

To be fair he said he has no clue where he is going. From the outside looking it it felt we were always his backup plan. Not just to Oregon but anywhere. My emotional reaction is he is looking for any reason not to go to AU. The Michigan OV was random and out of nowhere. Like a last ditch desperation move to give someone the opportunity to talk him out of going to AU.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

To be fair he said he has no clue where he is going. From the outside looking it it felt we were always his backup plan. Not just to Oregon but anywhere. My emotional reaction is he is looking for any reason not to go to AU. The Michigan OV was random and out of nowhere. Like a last ditch desperation move to give someone the opportunity to talk him out of going to AU.

Not completely random. Clemons is from MI originally and still has family in the region + his best friend is a Wolverine. I agree, Clemons is probably not coming to AU (most likely Oregon-bound)

Edited by AUreo

Just now, AUreo said:

Not completely random. Clemons is from MI originally and still has family in the region + his best fried is a Wolverine. I agree, Clemons is probably not coming to AU.

Why was he not considering them seriously until now? Since the summer it was viewed as a 3 team race. Oregon, us and Penn St.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

1) 2 of the 3 have had major coaching changes (Oregon HC, Penn State DC)

2) Michigan put a beat down on Ohio State very recently, that speaks to recruits

If he goes to Michigan out of the blue (sadly no pun intended) he was just never coming here. I still think he wants to give Oregon the best shot to land him. My prediction is he holds off until February and just signs with them. I know he's supposed to be a EE but that can obviously change depending on what he wants to do. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Looks like he is Michigan-bound: 3 new CBs Clemons to UM today

that's amazing.

If this happens, it tells me that all along this dude never had Auburn as his end destination, but a fallback.

To have AU there all along, and then on a whim trip to Michigan he goes there. 

• Thanks 1

I am a little surprised Harsin is continuing to recruit Clemsons.  I know Harsin was known for not letting players back onto the team if they enter the portal so I am surprised he is not applying this mindset here.  I feel like this kid is disrespecting our staff, and I would expect Harsin to step in and say, "No thanks."

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am a little surprised Harsin is continuing to recruit Clemsons.  I know Harsin was known for not letting players back onto the team if they enter the portal so I am surprised he is not applying this mindset here.  I feel like this kid is disrespecting our staff, and I would expect Harsin to step in and say, "No thanks."

I think Harsin punishes folks skirting out on a commitment. An uncommitted recruit doesn't get the same treatment.

But that's just my drive-by analysis.

• Thanks 1

I would bet it is 60/40 we don't get this kid, but he is worth the effort. Unless he had told us he was going to commit to Auburn (Silent Commit) I don't understand why some people feel like we should just drop him.  Of course he has mixed feelings despite saying distance doesn't matter it does to his family as it would limit how often they could come see him play.

I have my fingers crossed that somehow we pull him, but will understand if we don't.