2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It is not even remotely a given that Oregon or anyone else will beat us for recruits just by offering more money. That is true of some recruits just like it always has been but it is not true of most. 

Most of these kids have other priorities like having a good college experience and getting to the NFL and most of them will go to the places where they think they can get those things. Same as it ever was. 

And when we start getting recruits, rival schools will start saying we are paying MORE (I don't know if our fans know this, but we have a reputation of paying the highest price). Fans are funny.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Same as it ever was. 

You may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go to?"
You may ask yourself, "Am I right, am I wrong?"
You may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground. 

Same as it ever was!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, toddc said:

You may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go to?"
You may ask yourself, "Am I right, am I wrong?"
You may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground. 

Same as it ever was!

Man, I almost turned this into another Talking Heads thread as soon as @McLoofus made his post but backed off. Way to stay strong @toddc 👊🏻

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, I almost turned this into another Talking Heads thread as soon as @McLoofus made his post but backed off. way to stay strong @toddc 👊🏻

And here I was hoping that I could turn the tables on one of this site's great anglers. Alas, I am no master baiter and you live to swim another day. Perhaps in the water at the bottom of the ocean...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And here I was hoping that I could turn the tables on one of this site's great anglers. Alas, I am no master baiter and you live to swim another day. Perhaps in the water at the bottom of the ocean...

I don’t think anyone wants to swim where you’ve been master baiting! 😝 Too much?

Edited by toddc
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t think anyone wants to swim where you’ve been master baiting! 😝 Too much?

You know I love it but I'm probably not the best person to ask...

• Haha 1

Oh of course we’re going against the two non-SEC teams who have looked the best so far this year. Though if we’re still in good shape with him after this past weekend, that’s a big positive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

So are we screwed here or what?

I don't think so either. I believe Harsin had prior contacts with CLemons when he was at Boise, and I also think Kiseau did too when he was with Harsin at Boise. So If Clemons likes being in Harsin's offense then a change at his position coach would not be a big deal...

• Like 2

Harsin was recruiting Clemons while he was at Boise, long before he took this job. It wasn't a coach from Alabama who's only coaching experience stems from coaching in Alabama (Cornelius) who magically had the connections to a receiver from Oregon.

His family did like Cornelius Williams, but they also know Kiesau. They apparently really like and have a great relationship with Darren Uscher - our recruiting guy.

I don't think that anything changes here. It's not going to be very hard to sell Kiesau's qualifications (he in fact has a more extensive track-record at the position than the guy he replaced).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

On 9/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, McLoofus said:

With him being from PNW it might be our connections up there that are more valuable.

I'll get on it 😉

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:57 PM, 1auburn1 said:

We need this guy at AU…like now.  

We sure do, like in Saturday against Arkansas kind of now. That would be good.

• Like 2