Alabama Roster Numbers

dilligas

I read where uat leads for utk transfer Henry To’o To’o.  My question is after signing 27 or 28 players every year despite the 25 man limit, how do they always have room for more?  Do they have some creative roster management plan or something?  Do they just pull scholarships from the bottom of their roster every year to fit all the new 5 stars in?  Or is uat simply immune from NCAA rules? Really puzzling to me.

3 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I read where uat leads for utk transfer Henry To’o To’o.  My question is after signing 27 or 28 players every year despite the 25 man limit, how do they always have room for more?  Do they have some creative roster management plan or something?  Do they just pull scholarships from the bottom of their roster every year to fit all the new 5 stars in?  Or is uat simply immune from NCAA rules? Really puzzling to me.

@dilligasNumber signed each year isn't the big number. The big number is number enrolled. Also most people don't realize this but if a freshman does not complete their 1st year at a school their spot on the yearly 25 Initial Counter enrollment limit can be taken by a January enrollee from the next class. Not sure who they replaced on their roster but we replaced Cam'Ron Kelly & Charles Moore on their IC list with 2 of our new players who enrolled in January 2020.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@dilligasNumber signed each year isn't the big number. The big number is number enrolled. Also most people don't realize this but if a freshman does not complete their 1st year at a school their spot on the yearly 25 Initial Counter enrollment limit can be taken by a January enrollee from the next class. Not sure who they replaced on their roster but we replaced Cam'Ron Kelly & Charles Moore on their IC list with 2 of our new players who enrolled in January 2020.

Maybe they have a lot of attrition that I don’t hear about.  It just seems they always have room for more.

14 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Maybe they have a lot of attrition that I don’t hear about.  It just seems they always have room for more.

It only takes 2 or 3 1st year enrollees not finishing the year to allow for what they are enrolling the past few years.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It only takes 2 or 3 1st year enrollees not finishing the year to allow for what they are enrolling the past few years.

With your explanations it makes much more sense to me now.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:56 PM, dilligas said:

Most schools have about ten players drop out every year. That number is a little higher since the advent of the transfer portal. That explains them not bumping into the overall limit of 85. It does take a little creative shuffling, as explained above, to sign more than 25 year after year.

On 2/13/2021 at 10:47 PM, Mikey said:

Most schools have about ten players drop out every year. That number is a little higher since the advent of the transfer portal. That explains them not bumping into the overall limit of 85. It does take a little creative shuffling, as explained above, to sign more than 25 year after year.

hey mikey, 

call up turdtown and ask them to send you a list of football players currently on scholly and let us know what you receive!

10 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

hey mikey, 

call up turdtown and ask them to send you a list of football players currently on scholly and let us know what you receive!

Get a game program and compare it to recent year's recruiting lists at the site of your choice.

On 2/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, TigerPAC said:

hey mikey, 

Apparently they don't feel it is necessary to answer such questions.  As I understand it they hold FOIA request in the same regard.  

Archived