2021 WVU Transfer CB Dreshun Miller Commits To AU!

atl-tiger

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, but for some of our guys it's a massive leap. Darius Slayton is another example of a guy who looked "okay" to "good" here but has looked excellent in the pros.

I'd say the DBs have looked better than "okay to good".

Fortunately for DSlay, just about everyone knew that it was because he wasn't being used right. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

You’re supposed to develop into a better player when you’re in the league. Your development doesn’t stop in college, if it did you’re a bust

This makes me wonder when Mikey's development stopped...Sorry I couldn't resist.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's probably the one position under Gus that we consistently put guys in the league.  Maybe the only one

DL as well.  Dee Ford, Carl Lawson, Montavious Adams, Derick Brown, Marlon Davidson, Dontavious Russell

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I will say a lot of those guys developed into much better players post-Auburn. Jamel Dean and Carlton Davis were good but they've become completely different animals in the NFL. Was a little disappointed with Iggy this year but he's a rookie who is still learning the position. 

Not really sure I agree with Davis & Dean.  Carlton was a 2nd round pick and Dean not far behind.  Davis especially was very very good for us.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

DL as well.  Dee Ford, Carl Lawson, Montavious Adams, Derick Brown, Marlon Davidson, Dontavious Russell

Yeah,  Ford was probably more the previous regime.  Lawson/Brown/Davidson were all high round picks

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, but for some of our guys it's a massive leap. Darius Slayton is another example of a guy who looked "okay" to "good" here but has looked excellent in the pros.

Besides Slayton who else took a massive leap? He’s the only one I can think of. I’m not counting Davis and Dean because they were drafted early day 2. They’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing

Edited by Sizzle

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Besides Slayton who else took a massive leap? He’s the only one I can think of. I’m not counting Davis and Dean because they were drafted early day 2. They’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing

Johnathan Jones would have to be another. Undrafted and a very good DB for NE...

Peyton Barber is another. Left school we all thought....went undrafted and somehow has made it in the NFL as a sturdy reliable power back for TB and now Washington. Hard to stay in the NFL as a RB...

• Like 2

Harsin on Miller...

"Dreshun is a big-time player that was one of the better corners in the country last year," Harsin said. "He has great instincts and is tremendous in pass coverage. He will give us much needed experience and depth in our secondary."

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

This makes me wonder when Mikey's development stopped...Sorry I couldn't resist.

Speaking of developments, tell us about this most recent time when you said you were leaving this board for good and then came slithering back within a few days. That was quite some development right there. Was that the fourth time you've pulled that trick or only the third? Somewhere along the line I lost count.....Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

15 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Johnathan Jones would have to be another. Undrafted and a very good DB for NE...

Peyton Barber is another. Left school we all thought....went undrafted and somehow has made it in the NFL as a sturdy reliable power back for TB and now Washington. Hard to stay in the NFL as a RB...

There was a LB for the Patriots that couldn’t find a spot on the field at AU.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

There was a LB for the Patriots that couldn’t find a spot on the field at AU.

You are thinking of Brandon King, who has made his mark in the NFL as a major contributor on special teams. 

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

This get is incredible.  I wish he was going to be here with his teammates for Spring Practice however.   

@The Plainsman usually not a necessary step for grad transfers like it is for highschoolers and undergrads. They typically pick up things quickly.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

@The Plainsman usually not a necessary step for grad transfers like it is for highschoolers and undergrads. They typically pick up things quickly.

For sure,  I was thinking more about just bonding with the team off the field type thing.  It is interesting though that he will not go through spring practice at WV either,  so that is total down time which is not great.  

26 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

For sure,  I was thinking more about just bonding with the team off the field type thing.  It is interesting though that he will not go through spring practice at WV either,  so that is total down time which is not great.  

@The PlainsmanHe is still taking classes at WVU & likely working out there also. Plus one of the reasons he said he wanted to commit relatively quickly is to get our playbook now & start learning it.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:43 AM, ellitor said:

@The PlainsmanHe is still taking classes at WVU & likely working out there also. Plus one of the reasons he said he wanted to commit relatively quickly is to get our playbook now & start learning it.

I’m aware.  I was just pointing out that he is coming to AU to be a one year starter,  but his time here will be very limited.   

39 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I’m aware.  I was just pointing out that he is coming to AU to be a one year starter,  but his time here will be very limited.   

Yep, a one and done for us

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mccrery, Miller, and Simpson will provide really great corner play for us. I'm excited about AU football again!

Pritchett is pretty good too. Very talented group. 

• Like 3

Sorry if already discussed but is it reasonable to view this commitment as a positive indicator of the impact we hoped that Mason would have? And a positive commentary on the reputation that a lot of us thought he carries?

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 6:43 AM, ellitor said:

I wonder how much of the playbook Harsin, Bobo et al have put together by now.