Malzahn Accepts UCF HC Job

Paladin

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

i would be interested to see if that QB performs better or worse next season. 

Gus usually does well with what he inherits. It is sustainability that is a problem with him.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Zeek said:

UCF and Orlando are a completely different culture than Auburn.

The good news is the whole town isn't hyper obsessed with football. 

Bad news is, despite that, the expectations right now are consistent 10 or more wins every year.

Complaint with Heupel was a lack of offensive adjustments and innovation...

Defense is awful right now too so no one will bail him out. Fortunately he's inheriting a QB who has thrown for like a million yards.

Wait there were complaints about Heupel's offense? Dude was putting up huge numbers.

He landed on his feet.

Correct me if I’m wrong on the following: Pat Dye was probably a little old to except another head-coaching job. Terry Bowden ended up with the mighty Akron Zips. Tommy Tubberville - Texas Tech then Cincinnati, Gene Chiz couldn’t find a head-coaching job, Gus lands at Central Florida. Looks like he did the best of the bunch.

Two of our rental homes are down there, One of my wives several degrees are from Central Florida, (she has two doctorates) most of our Fl neighbors are fairly pleased with the hire. 

Now Christy and he get to enjoy the Orlando tourism circuit and restaurants, without the pressures of the SEC. Let’s face it, he has millions and millions of dollars to spend on the grandkids at Disney/Universal/Seaworld etc.

Not bad for a guy who can’t recruit, can’t develop players and can’t coach. I guess that’s why the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Akron Zips weren’t after him?

• Paladin changed the title to Malzahn Accepts UCF HC Job - Presser 1 pm CT
1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I am happy for him.  Regardless of your feelings for him, he and Kristi loved Auburn and the players.  I hope he feels at home there and the fans welcome him with open arms.

Our righteous anger should be directed at one Steven Leath.  

16 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He landed on his feet.

Correct me if I’m wrong on the following: Pat Dye was probably a little old to except another head-coaching job. Terry Bowden ended up with the mighty Akron Zips. Tommy Tubberville - Texas Tech then Cincinnati, Gene Chiz couldn’t find a head-coaching job, Gus lands at Central Florida. Looks like he did the best of the bunch.

Two of our rental homes are down there, One of my wives several degrees are from Central Florida, (she has two doctorates) most of our Fl neighbors are fairly pleased with the hire. 

Now Christy and he get to enjoy the Orlando tourism circuit and restaurants, without the pressures of the SEC. Let’s face it, he has millions and millions of dollars to spend on the grandkids at Disney/Universal/Seaworld etc.

Not bad for a guy who can’t recruit, can’t develop players and can’t coach. I guess that’s why the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Akron Zips weren’t after him?

Hopefully UCF would not hire someone who can’t recruit, develop, or coach. He may not have reached the pinnacle at Auburn but I am not ready to say he “can’t” coach.

33 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He landed on his feet.

Well UC lost to UGA by a FG last year and was a 9 win team. They have one of the most wanted coaches in college football. What are you even going on about here?

Also, Tommy Tuberville inherited a 9 win and ranked TT team from Mike leach. 

If he is able to recruit at a very high level for UCF and keep some kids from leaving the state then he should do very well in that conference.  This is a great job for him.  

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Will be interesting to see how he builds his staff out....if he hires Steele then one could assume a lot of the chatter was BS. 

i want to see who he hires as well just from the point of auburn coaches. i wish him well.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Cubelic is saying potential Travis Williams as DC

was he not one of the guys supposed to be stabbing gus in the back? if he is hired they either had a come to jesus meeting or we might have been fed some untruths? does that sound about right?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

was he not one of the guys supposed to be stabbing gus in the back? if he is hired they either had a come to jesus meeting or we might have been fed some untruths? does that sound about right?

More baseless rumors

Feel bad for all the high school offensive linemen who have always dreamed of playing at UCF. 

But for real, congrats to Gus. Maybe he and his agent can con UCF into over paying him. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I pray we don't have them on the schedule any time soon. 

Don't worry, we'll end up in a bowl game against them next season.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I pray we don't have them on the schedule any time soon. 

Really?  I would love to play them in the Chic-fil-A bowl at some point in the near future.  It could be a typical Malzahn coached bowl game or Gus could be inspired like he was when he thought he had a good chance of betting Bama.  It would be interesting.

This is good for Gus, yet to be determined for UCF. What I’m most anxious to see is the impact on this board; will all of the Gus apologists willing to die on any Gus hill move to the UCF boards? I feel like it’s Christmas Eve when I was a kid. I’m so excited!!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! LFG!!!!!!!!!!

Archived