Malzahn Accepts UCF HC Job

Paladin

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Really?  I would love to play them in the Chic-fil-A bowl at some point in the near future.  It could be a typical Malzahn coached bowl game or Gus could be inspired like he was when he thought he had a good chance of betting Bama.  It would be interesting.

No doubt about it being interesting, I just don't want to get beat by the guy 😬

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the surface it looks to be a good place for Gus.  I wish him no ill-will.  I'm just not convinced he's going to be successful long-term anywhere in D1 unless he is willing to adapt his offense.  He certainly wasn't doing that at Auburn.  Why would anyone think he'll do it at UCF? Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wait there were complaints about Heupel's offense? Dude was putting up huge numbers.

We've had some bad losses where we couldn't move the ball after the first half. 

46 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I would love for us to face them .

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We're ******

image.gif.72ccb54438dd6a0aed456b92dab838a8.gif

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

We're ******

For your sake, I hope he takes you to an undefeated first season and gets a power 5 call up. 

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Interesting timing to post this hmm 🤔

College football is a three dimensional sport. Gotta win on the field, recruiting trail, and on social media. 

Great spot for the munchkin Gus.  Hope he has many more "great weeks of practice", and many more 4+ loss seasons.  He invented the 4+ loss season.  I hope he revels in it.  Glad he's now the problem of UCF.

7 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Now for the eternal question. Who's calling the plays? 

We already know the future is bright🙄

Literally from the presser, 

"I'm thrilled to be the head coach at UCF, and I'm truly looking forward to being part of Knight Nation," Malzahn said in a statement. "It's exciting to be head of a program where the future is extremely bright. I will be hitting the ground running in terms of getting to know our team and everyone else connected with UCF. Our goal is to be ready to win championships."

8 hours ago, Barnacle said:

It’s gonna happen..JABA never fails comes with the territory

12 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Hopefully UCF would not hire someone who can’t recruit, develop, or coach. He may not have reached the pinnacle at Auburn but I am not ready to say he “can’t” coach.

I'm pretty sure 24's post was sarcasm.

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Interesting timing to post this hmm 🤔

image.gif.7539baa8116173bfbfc7bbe47702d11a.gif

20 hours ago, AU-24 said:

He landed on his feet.

Correct me if I’m wrong on the following: Pat Dye was probably a little old to except another head-coaching job. Terry Bowden ended up with the mighty Akron Zips. Tommy Tubberville - Texas Tech then Cincinnati, Gene Chiz couldn’t find a head-coaching job, Gus lands at Central Florida. Looks like he did the best of the bunch.

Two of our rental homes are down there, One of my wives several degrees are from Central Florida, (she has two doctorates) most of our Fl neighbors are fairly pleased with the hire. 

Now Christy and he get to enjoy the Orlando tourism circuit and restaurants, without the pressures of the SEC. Let’s face it, he has millions and millions of dollars to spend on the grandkids at Disney/Universal/Seaworld etc.

Not bad for a guy who can’t recruit, can’t develop players and can’t coach. I guess that’s why the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Akron Zips weren’t after him?

New year same ol a**hole poster I see. Good to see some things never change like your head firmly stuck up Malzahn's ass. Hopefully now since Gus landed on his feet you can now go with him to whatever board is similar to this one for UCF fans. I would say have a nice day but I wouldn't mean it. Hope you stub a toe on a bed post instead.

17 hours ago, fredst said:

This is good for Gus, yet to be determined for UCF. What I’m most anxious to see is the impact on this board; will all of the Gus apologists willing to die on any Gus hill move to the UCF boards? I feel like it’s Christmas Eve when I was a kid. I’m so excited!!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! LFG!!!!!!!!!!

dfsdfs.gif

Archived