Malzahn Accepts UCF HC Job

Paladin

30 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:
sus·tained
/səˈstānd/

adjective
  1. continuing for an extended period or without interruption.
    Wow, the force is strong with this one.

I'm not the best to play that game with.  Sustained is also used to speak of keeping something going for a prolonged period of time.  In other words, having sustained success in competition doesn't mean winning every game, but can be used to show success repeatedly over a prolonged period.  I hope that helps you out and may the force be with you.  LOL

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Disagree. Gus has already maxed out the Peter Principle.

Could be true, but don't discount Texas going for him after Sark goes to the NFL or is fired (both real possibilities). 

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Could be true, but don't discount Texas going for him after Sark goes to the NFL or is fired (both real possibilities). 

Texas would definitely be one of the other athletic departments I could think of that is dysfunctional enough to spend a fortune of money on Malzahn. 

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I'm not the best to play that game with.  Sustained is also used to speak of keeping something going for a prolonged period of time.  In other words, having sustained success in competition doesn't mean winning every game, but can be used to show success repeatedly over a prolonged period.  I hope that helps you out and may the force be with you.  LOL

Ok then. Let's talk about something the man  really could sustain.

12-2

8-5

7-6

8-5

10-4

8-5

9-4

6-4

4, 5, and 6 loss seasons. 

43 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Ok then. Let's talk about something the man  really could sustain.

12-2

8-5

7-6

8-5

10-4

8-5

9-4

6-4

4, 5, and 6 loss seasons. 

Getting that done in the SEC West, in my opinion, should translate into a great deal of success at UCF.  I'm not saying that everything was peachy at Auburn.  I'm just saying that he can coach and that I believe that will translate well at a place like UCF.  I believe that if you paired Gus with the right ACC school, he would also do well.  Auburn is one of the toughest jobs in the country.  I don't know that anyone can last 10 years without giving out of steam completely.

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No  state income tax so yes it better. He has a great QB and offense unless he skrews that up. Defense is god awful

O. line good ? 

18 hours ago, steeleagle said:

He got a yes man, but a good coach in TWill as DC. Now, I hope T Will does well, but it will be difficult in that Group 5 as most really good defensive players will go to P5 schools. 

This may be perfect for Gus, although most coaches hired here have used it as a stepping stone to a P5 team. It will be interesting....

Explain how he is a good coach? I'd like to hear this. 

Folks do know that Steele was the main one coaching the Lbers for the last couple of years? This is pretty common knowledge. T-Will was there and suppose to be learning but was distracted by how good he thought he was to learn anything. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Explain how he is a good coach? I'd like to hear this. 

Folks do know that Steele was the main one coaching the Lbers for the last couple of years? This is pretty common knowledge. T-Will was there and suppose to be learning but was distracted by how good he thought he was to learn anything. 

link?

17 hours ago, AU9377 said:

3 wins in 8 years is "sustained"? Lord have mercy. 

Just now, ellitor said:

I hope this is sarcasm because WDE has real connections to the program.

nope but he did not mention his source ell.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I hope this is sarcasm because WDE has real connections to the program.

He is just trying to be cute here. Happens when you don't like what is being said but have nothing to say because he knows I'm telling the truth. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Link what? Or are you just being cute? 

ok now i see. no i am having a senior moment. i saw your avie pic and never looked at the name. i got no problem with you. is that better?

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He is just trying to be cute here. Happens when you don't like what is being said but have nothing to say because he knows I'm telling the truth. 

no i am not trying to be cute. read what i just said.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's source"s" with an S. Plural. 

ok i make a mistake and you want to be an azz? i told you i was wrong but you fire shots i am firing back.

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

3 wins in 8 years is "sustained"? Lord have mercy. 

It's not even solid by Gus's own definition. 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

ok now i see. no i am having a senior moment. i saw your avie pic and never looked at the name. i got no problem with you. is that better?

I really don't care if people here like me or not. Said this from the start. I just wanted to bring a little perspective here on the inner workings of all of this. Like it or not. Not everyone who wears or plays for the orange and blue are good AU folks. All this rah rah stuff posted here needed some grounding. 

Folks here hated DC but love them some T-Will. It's amazing at the hypocrisy. DC was just more publically vocal of Gus and his shortcomings.  T-Will just did it behind peoples back. 

are we done stomping on the old man for A while?{me}

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

It's not even solid by Gus's own definition. 

What is the point differential in the 8 years? Be interesting to see. Bet the defensive guru's O was light years better than the offensive guru's O? 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What is the point differential in the 8 years? Be interesting to see. Bet the defensive guru's O was light years better than the offensive guru's O? 

Yep. Mostly blowout losses and close victories. 

I'll take a close victory for sure but we looked hapless in most of our losses to Saban. 

16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Link what? Or are you just being cute? 

I need links along with quotes from said sources.  I would also like a thesis on why you believe each source to be correct.  This is due by Friday, or I deduct 10 points from Gryffindor everyday until you turn it in.

On a serious note, I don't think fifty meant any harm.

Archived