Early workouts (merged threads)

WFE12

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These guys today (every Power-5) are going through their winter workouts...back in the early 70's, nothing like this...we had one coach, Coach Jim Hilyer, over the weightlifting program..today each school has a special SC coach along with 4-6 assistants...our lifts were bench...deadlift and squat....no ropes, and no  type of speed strength drills....and no early morning workouts...everything was in the afternoon after classes....'hats off' to the players...coaches and support staff for their dedication to be the best they can be physically...  

Im sure most have seen this, but did you notice Harsin in the weight room looking like he was about to spot some guys? I’m sure most head coaches are in and out, but that’s awesome. Brings a whole different level to accountability and intensity. 

It’s so impressive we have two threads on it! 😝 

"If we're going to play for championships, everything we do matters"

Looking forward to the upcoming season for the first time in a long while. 

12 hours ago, fredst said:

Shivers seen pretty prominently in that video🤔....

Looking forward to him being used appropriately.  He should be a very good complementary back.  hopefully someone teaches him how to pass block too 🙄 

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

hopefully someone teaches him how to pass block too

He was one of the best pass blockers the last two years

Shivers behind a decent Oline will be fun to watch.  Explosive play potential every time he touches the ball if there’s a hole to run through.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He was one of the best pass blockers the last two years

The emoji was an attempt to show it was sarcasm b/c he missed an awful block in the bowl game and was a big focus here.

Look, I know the marketing/social media team puts these videos together to get into your emotions and all and let me just say.....it works. LFG!!!!!! LOVE Harsin’s energy. Good god I can’t wait for the spring game much less opening day. I want to see this culture in motion. 

Well I'm ready to run outside and do a Duke boy slide across the hood of my truck right now. I can make the jump but my landing will look like hell and feel even worse but who gives a damn !!   WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Holy crap, that's awesome! Coach working with them side by side. 

I think it is awesome for sure. He seems like a really fit dude 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think it is awesome for sure. He seems like a really fit dude 

I mean it's something the team can relate to.  We had coaches in high school that couldn't even do the tasks they were coaching us to do lol. Who takes them seriously? 

Every year I slowly start to get excited about the first game. I've told myself many times that I shouldn't be excited because we were a mediocre team (8-4 which is a solid year). This time it's different. I'm exited way earlier than usual.. 

I got so fed up with Gus after the 2019 LSU game that I became rather hopeless with the program, but good lord I am becoming more excited and sold on Harsin every day. The dude just screams leadership, effort, and focus. Videos like that get me even more fired up. Most excited I have been since the 2017 Iron Bowl and I cannot wait for spring practice and seeing which players step up under the new staff!

11 hours ago, soblfly said:

Every year I slowly start to get excited about the first game. I've told myself many times that I shouldn't be excited because we were a mediocre team (8-4 which is a solid year). This time it's different. I'm exited way earlier than usual.. 

I’m with you!   I don’t think we’ll see much to get excited about on the field this year (as far as W/L), but I’m excited to watch CBH and Co. build an elite program!!!  The little things, attention to detail, instilling the vision for the program, leading student athletes to be their very best on and off the field, etc.  By 2023 and maybe even as early as 2022, we should see some great strides concerning W/L on the field.  

16 hours ago, au302 said:

I got so fed up with Gus after the 2019 LSU game that I became rather hopeless with the program, but good lord I am becoming more excited and sold on Harsin every day. The dude just screams leadership, effort, and focus. Videos like that get me even more fired up. Most excited I have been since the 2017 Iron Bowl and I cannot wait for spring practice and seeing which players step up under the new staff!

I was on a plane to Bali hoping that the internet would work well enough to watch.  I'm glad it didn't.  I did get enough internet in Doha's airport to check out the box scores and watch some highlights.  I'm so happy I wasn't able to watch that game on the flight

Archived