2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!

Paladin

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I refuse to pay $20 for a burger combo. That’s insane pricing.

Good God! I wouldn't either, where do they charge that?

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Never heard of Sheila Cs. You can't compare chains versus hole the wall/local spots. Of the chain burger restaurants Five Guys is the tops. I have a ton of local burger spots i like better. If you ever find yourself in the Grant Park/East Lake part of Atlanta give Mixed Up Burgers a try. The philly burger is delicious and a triple by pass waiting to happen. 

All very true. Also good over that way is the double stack at Midway and the plancha burger at Argosy. 

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't see too many fan bases besides ours that would even let someone in media go by the name j boy and be taken serious

twitter impact rarely translates to real life influence, but I will say one of the bigger Alabama football twitterers is an Auburn basketball fan

so we could have it worse 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

He will be getting some really good coaching over the next season. I'm excited to see how much he grows as a player both physically and technically. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Last time I ate at 5 guys it was $ 18.00 and I said if I'm going to pay that much for a burger I might as well go to Longhorns & pay $25.00 for a steak. I'm like E, it doesn't impress me, I don't need 15 pounds of potatoes with my burger anyway.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

@bigbird It's not $20 from their site. I got the $20 from Door dash. From their website for the Auburn store is still too high: a bacon cheeseburger is $9.69. small fry $3.89,  & a regular drink is $2.49. Sales Tax 9%. Total $17.51. Still too damn high!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUMASTERS said:

Last time I ate at 5 guys it was $ 18.00 and I said if I'm going to pay that much for a burger I might as well go to Longhorns & pay $25.00 for a steak. I'm like E, it doesn't impress me, I don't need 15 pounds of potatoes with my burger anyway.

I'm with both you and @ellitor. Overpriced and overrated. I remember the first time I ever had it I was impressed but over the years either I've had better burgers or their quality has decreased.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I love the burgers I cook on my BGE. I’d invite Powell Gordon over for one if it wouldn’t get us on probation.

Don't risk it...Golf and I are available though

• Love 1

11 hours ago, fredst said:

I love the burgers I cook on my BGE. I’d invite Powell Gordon over for one if it wouldn’t get us on probation.

Powell Gordon would also love my smash burger off the cast iron pan. 

Lamb burgers tonight. Can't wait.

Oh and the best thing about making your own- this is where we find out how coachable young Powell is- is putting them on Martin's potato rolls. Although I've been coming around on brioche buns, too. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Oh and the best thing about making your own- this is where we find out how coachable young Powell is- is putting them on Martin's potato rolls. Although I've been coming around on brioche buns, too. 

The brioche matches really well!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:
12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't risk it...Golf and I are available though

Always 

I’ll let you know. No PBR unless you do kitchen cleanup afterwards though

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Nice. I’m not a huge (wild) venison fan but ground venison makes the flavor really good, especially on that brioche. Powell is gonna dig those....

• Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

There want be a kitchen left to clean so have the PBR's ready

Ok. I’ll have to figure out a time when my pretty wife and daughters are out of the house, maybe even out of state, before you get your invitation though.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’ll let you know. No PBR unless you do kitchen cleanup afterwards though

Good thing I don't drink that swill

• Love 2

46 minutes ago, fredst said:

Oh, I will have some actual real beer available for you and me

I knew you were a good friend!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I knew you were a good friend!

A Ghost In The Machine from Parish Brewing is a great pairing with a good home burger so we’ll have those....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

A Ghost In The Machine from Parish Brewing is a great pairing with a good home burger so we’ll have those....

Never had it...but I'm intrigued 😁

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Never had it...but I'm intrigued 😁

Do yourself a favor and go get a four pack. It is high(er) gravity but delicious- one is plenty for me in my lightweight older age, lol