99. Mcdonalds

100. In and Out

Also:

1. Qdoba

2. Taco Cabana

3. Taco Mama

99. Moes

100. Chipotle

5 guys is the worst.  Burger, fries and drinks cost about 3Xs what it should.  They think they're Smash or BurgerFi, but they're pretty much Burger King.

You can't begin to understand the passion I have against 5 Guys.  Lenox Mall 5 guys: if you charge me $17 for my kid to get just a burger and drink (no fries) and make me wait 10 minutes, expect the fury.

Also, Chipotle is #1, the rest is right.  I might put Willie's #2.  Moe's must get their ingredients from walmart, everything tastes unnatural.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

5 guys is the worst.  Burger, fries and drinks cost about 3Xs what it should.  They think they're Smash or BurgerFi, but they're pretty much Burger King.

You can't begin to understand the passion I have against 5 Guys.  Lenox Mall 5 guys: if you charge me $17 for my kid to get just a burger and drink (no fries) and make me wait 10 minutes, expect the fury.

Also, Chipotle is #1, the rest is right.  I might put Willie's #2.  Moe's must get their ingredients from walmart, everything tastes unnatural.

I like the fries at 5 Guys, I love that they have malt vinegar, and I love getting to pick the toppings. But the total experience is usually unsatisfactory. 

Agreed about Chipotle and Willie's. Used to eat at the Willie's on Howell Mill at least twice a month. It's all about that salsa bar for me. And Chipotle is just the total package. Good ingredients, tastes great, more than reasonably priced, outstanding online ordering and rewards program... big big fan. Chipotle, Taco Bell and Starbucks are the only chains I have love for. (Seems I only ever want Chick-Fil-A on Sundays.)

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

I like the fries at 5 Guys, I love that they have malt vinegar, and I love getting to pick the toppings. But the total experience is usually unsatisfactory. 

Agreed about Chipotle and Willie's. Used to eat at the Willie's on Howell Mill at least twice a month. It's all about that salsa bar for me. And Chipotle is just the total package. Good ingredients, tastes great, more than reasonably priced, outstanding online ordering and rewards program... big big fan. Chipotle, Taco Bell and Starbucks are the only chains I have love for. (Seems I only ever want Chick-Fil-A on Sundays.)

There's nothing at Chik Fil A that I love...it's all pretty average, but I eat there the most because I know I'll get it quick, the food likely wont be bad, and it's usually easy for me to get to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

There's nothing at Chik Fil A that I love...it's all pretty average, but I eat there the most because I know I'll get it quick, the food likely wont be bad, and it's usually easy for me to get to.

As a parent of two still-littles, that place has value for the reasons you listed. The food's not amazing but it's consistent and it hits a spot. 

I definitely don't understand why people obsess over it and sit in line all damn day waiting for it. But that might be more about me not understanding the idea of being content to just sit in a running car for a long time not going anywhere. Especially not to listen to your cholesterol coagulate while you wait in 900 more empty calories. 

• Like 1

Okay, who got this burger joint derailment going again? 😝 

• Haha 1

Since this is the Powell Gordon thread I think we should ask him what his favorite burger place is. That or get back on track and talk about Powell Gordon who I think is a good pickup.

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

I really miss Buffalo Connection...that was always worth the wait...😁

Had a hookup on free beer there for a minute. Good times.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, AUDevil said:

The chocolate chip cookie at chick fil a could be one of the best on earth!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Since this is the Powell Gordon thread I think we should ask him what his favorite burger place is. That or get back on track and talk about Powell Gordon who I think is a good pickup.

Fast food and burger joints have influenced recruiting in many ways in the past.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Fast food and burger joints have influenced recruiting in many ways in the past.

They also influenced my pants size!

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, Tigerfinz said:

I really miss Buffalo Connection...that was always worth the wait...😁

Yup!

I am blown away at what this thread has become. Nearly every last one of you should be ashamed! And you call yourselves AU fans?

My shock and aw is not because the thread was massively derailed...no not at all. It is at the lunacy of the notion that 5 Guys could ever provide you or anybody with a negative experience. 

5 Guys is a wonderful treasure. I venture there in Huntsville often to eat my brown bag heart attack special. Yes it is overpriced. So are Reece's Pieces at the movies but we all still love them!

SHAME !!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Surprised Milo's never came up.

I try to get my hands on a cheeseburger and some crinkle fries whenever I get close to a location. I love them just for doing something different. Same for Sneaky Pete's, Chris's, or any Alabama Greek style dog. The Greek influence on Alabama cuisine is cool to me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am blown away at what this thread has become. Nearly every last one of you should be ashamed! And you call yourselves AU fans?

My shock and aw is not because the thread was massively derailed...no not at all. It is at the lunacy of the notion that 5 Guys could ever provide you or anybody with a negative experience. 

5 Guys is a wonderful treasure. I venture there in Huntsville often to eat my brown bag heart attack special. Yes it is overpriced. So are Reece's Pieces at the movies but we all still love them!

SHAME !!!!!!

ALthough 'treasure is stretching it a little. I will say, if you want a juicy burger, they are one of the few fast food restaurants that provide it. Let's face it, Wendy's, Burger King, McD's all are as dry as get out (although I still love me a Big Mac which is as close to a Shoney's(Big Boy for those of us who grew up in the Nawth). I confess I still can enjoy a Krystal burger every now and then too.

I don't care WHAT now a days they put on that burger, if that burger isn't somewhat thick AND juicy, then it isn't a real burger...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

ALthough 'treasure is stretching it a little. I will say, if you want a juicy burger, they are one of the few fast food restaurants that provide it. Let's face it, Wendy's, Burger King, McD's all are as dry as get out (although I still love me a Big Mac which is as close to a Shoney's(Big Boy for those of us who grew up in the Nawth). I confess I still can enjoy a Krystal burger every now and then too.

I don't care WHAT now a days they put on that burger, if that burger isn't somewhat thick AND juicy, then it isn't a real burger...

There are so many things that come to mind for me to say, but most are not HR appropriate lol. I will just say I agree 100!!!. I like 5 guys. I get the little Cheeseburger, because I think the regular one is off in the beef-cheese-bun ratio and that drives me nuts so a single little CB which is the size of a normal CB anyway and a fries. They always overload you with the fries so it's plenty for my 180 lb self and it is right at $10.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I try to get my hands on a cheeseburger and some crinkle fries whenever I get close to a location. I love them just for doing something different. Same for Sneaky Pete's, Chris's, or any Alabama Greek style dog. The Greek influence on Alabama cuisine is cool to me.

My favorite burger in the world is In and Out. I miss living in Nevada so bad for that reason.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

My favorite burger in the world is In and Out. I miss living in Nevada so bad for that reason.

In and Out, in my one experience, was the chick fil a of basic fast food burgers. I don't get the level of hype, but I get why people like it better than the other burger chains. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Stopped by the Pell City location on way back to ATL...had to procure some season salt for my fries at home!  I also couldn't help but to have a perfect lemon pie after my meal...😁  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

I like Whataburger the best.  Only in Texas I think.

Whataburger is still pretty fantastic. I grew up eating that in Dallas. I miss living near the one in Trussville. It was always there when I needed a Taquito at 5 am!

Edited by Tigerfinz
  • Love 1

We have a place in Athens Alabama called Dub’s Burgers and they are the best! I think they have the same fries grease from the 60’s and they put a little dollop on the bun. Double bacon cheeseburger and fries is about 6$

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

We had Big Boys in the south too!