2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!

Paladin

9 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Obviously you're an expert at muscling your way into long term relationships on the recruiting trail. Have you made that follow up call yet? Maybe you can teach the coaching staff how to effectively do that without pissing on ANY chance at establishing bonds with HS coaches and future recruits. And thanks for reminding me that Bama and uga are NOT the only schools with a 1-2 year head start. Good job.

See the post above. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Recruiters can do that and they will. We aren't going to have 25 NR-3* kids just bc some of the coaches are new to the south and all the top 300 kids in the nation have talked to some other coaches already 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're under the impression that we can't recruit any kids bc he might have a longer relationship with other coaches. 

That's absolutely ridiculous. If that's the case we'd be cut out if every single recruit in the south east bc half our staff ain't from here. 

Harsin is going to offer and recruit kids that have been talking to other schools for over a year. I can't fathom the loser mentality that we can't possibly get any of these kids. 

Are we starting at a disadvantage? Yes. 

Can we over come that? Yes

Will we recruit top kids around us? Yes

If y'all are content with 2 classes of kids ranked around 400-700 in the nation then we've already lost. I know Harsin isn't 

Nobody is content with that . People just seem to be sick of your crap ,

more so than anything. As was explained already in this thread, some players haven’t even been evaluated to even be ranked. I highly doubt Harsin would okay the offer of a scholarship to this player , if he thought he wasn’t even good enough to be ranked. 

Just now, DAG said:

Nobody is content with that . People just seem to be sick of your crap ,

more so than anything. As was explained already in this thread, some players haven’t even been evaluated to even be ranked. I highly doubt Harsin would okay the offer of a scholarship to this player , if he thought he wasn’t even good enough to be ranked. 

People are sick of my crap saying Auburn will actually recruit and get commitments from top kids. 

That's wild. Absolutely wild.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

People are sick of my crap saying Auburn will actually recruit and get commitments from top kids. 

That's wild. Absolutely wild.

No people are sick of you either having extremes or making false assumptions like the post I responded to. I have yet to see a thread with you in it , where you aren’t causing some sort of unnecessary argument. There is a reason this kid is unranked and highly doubt it’s because he is not talented. In fact , I fully believe the staff knows how to evaluate talent and preemptively has an eye for it. There really is not a reason to make this big hoopla as to recruiting a guy currently unranked 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're under the impression that we can't recruit any kids bc he might have a longer relationship with other coaches. 

No I'm not. Just pointing out that puts us at a real & sizeable disadvantage for a good number of the more sought after recruits.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed & it's just as ridiculous you took my statements on the matter to that illogical extreme.

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've been saying this the entire time.

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If y'all are content with 2 classes of kids ranked around 400-700 in the nation then we've already lost. I know Harsin isn't 

Nobody on this site has ever said nor implied we were content with classes that weren't elite. All some of us are saying is given the disadvantages you even just acknowkedged it's more realistic for the 2022 class to not finish with an elite class.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

No people are sick of you either having extremes or making false assumptions like the post I responded to. I have yet to see a thread with you in it , where you aren’t causing some sort of unnecessary argument. There is a reason this kid is unranked and highly doubt it’s because he is not talented. In fact , I fully believe the staff knows how to evaluate talent and preemptively has an eye for it. There really is not a reason to make this big hoopla as to recruiting a guy currently unranked 

Yes, it's often that extremely talent kids on the highest level state championship runner up aren't ranked. 

Ya got me. 

I believe the staff hopefully can evaluate well. I post my opinion of the kid. That's fime that you disagree with. Sometimes coaches are wrong. 

You should read the board more often if you think I'm just roosting extremes or untruths. 

Hell, I even gave the kid a complement ITT

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, it's often that extremely talent kids on the highest level state championship runner up aren't ranked. 

Ya got me. 

I believe the staff hopefully can evaluate well. I post my opinion of the kid. That's fime that you disagree with. Sometimes coaches are wrong. 

You should read the board more often if you think I'm just roosting extremes or untruths. 

Hell, I even gave the kid a complement ITT

Lol. I should read the board more often. You are brand new to this but I a should read the board more. You gave the kid a throw a way complement because people were calling you out. Again, nobody is saying a coach can’t be wrong. Once again, it is your approach. Plenty of posters can debate and disagree. You should read the board more because it actually happens quite a bit without the vicious cycle that you usually cause. There is a reason for that. I usually just read right  pass your post , but every single dang thread I see you posting some nonsense, getting people riled up. I’m done now. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No I'm not. Just pointing out that puts us at a real & sizeable disadvantage for a good number of the more sought after recruits.

Agreed & it's just as ridiculous you took my statements on the matter to that illogical extreme.

I've been saying this the entire time.

Nobody on this site has ever said nor implied we were content with classes that weren't elite. All some of us are saying is given the disadvantages you even just acknowkedged it's more realistic for the 2022 class to not finish with an elite class.

You're constantly giving excuses.  Harsin likes him, so whatever. But we aren't just going to offer any kid and go after lesser kids bc Bama has talked to some higher ranked kdks 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lol. I should read the board more often. You are brand new to this but I a should read the board more. You gave the kid a throw a way complement because people were calling you out. Again, nobody is saying a coach can’t be wrong. Once again, it is your approach. Plenty of posters can debate and disagree. You should read the board more because it actually happens quite a bit without the vicious cycle that you usually cause. There is a reason for that. I usually just read write pass your post , but every single dang thread I see you posting some nonsense, getting people riled up. I’m done now. 

Cmon you act like all boards aren't the same. Just bc I'm new here doesn't mean I'm new to boards. I've been around this for decades. 

And it is right, not write 

On 2/18/2021 at 10:20 PM, ellitor said:

It was too bad Urban Myer’s then mountain west boys from Utah couldn’t make the Florida recruits into SEC talent… Oh wait, they did!

Can we please stop with these misinformed way too early hot takes.? Let’s let things play out on the field for crying out loud.

It's his opinion, he's entitled to it. 

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're constantly giving excuses. 

Nope. Just giving the real challenges we face in the 2022 class. I never said we couldn't overcome them.

11 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

It's his opinion, he's entitled to it. 

Yes & just like others are allowed to give other opinions contrary to it.

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Cmon you act like all boards aren't the same. Just bc I'm new here doesn't mean I'm new to boards. I've been around this for decades. 

And it is right, not write 

All boards aren’t equal. The rant is nothing like this board. Again, it is the way you come across. It is not that people can’t agree to disagree or can’t have opposite opinions. You are calling out E on baseless accusations. E is not above being called out just like everyone else on this board but when you do it with extreme accusations that aren’t rooted in reality, that becomes a major issue. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Just giving the real challenges we face in the 2022 class. I never said we couldn't overcome them.

Yeah I agree we do, but that doesn't mean we are going to just recruit kids who haven't talked to Bama/UGA. 

We are and we're gonna win some of them 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

All boards aren’t equal. The rant is nothing like this board. Again, it is the way you come across. It is not that people can’t agree to disagree or can’t have opposite opinions. You are calling out E on baseless accusations. E is not above being called out just like everyone else on this board but when you do it with extreme accusations that aren’t rooted in reality, that becomes a major issue. 

I'm not calling him out, we disagree and can talk about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's absolutely ridiculous. If that's the case we'd be cut out if every single recruit in the south east bc half our staff ain't from here. 

Harsin is going to offer and recruit kids that have been talking to other schools for over a year. I can't fathom the loser mentality that we can't possibly get any of these kids. 

You're the one who sounds defeated. Coaches can't pick out SEC talent. Quick to criticize an offer. Belly ache about rankings. Knowing where Auburn stands right now, right this minute, is NOT being defeated. It's being realistic. After all of that, a little bit of wisdom creeps in ^^^^^see above^^^^^. So there is hope for you yet.

As far as relationships go, all the current staff can do, is respectfully reach out. Kid says no. Say thanks and move on. They're going to hear a lot of no's, too late, and not interested this year. It is naive to expect otherwise. That is reality.

If they can't get a commitment, make a great first impression, and leave a calling card with the HS coach for the next kid who hasn't decided.

2023 is the key. With no camps and no visits in the immediate future, anything this staff can conjure up to boost the rankings for 2022 (smh as I write this), then feel free to celebrate the hell out of it. Or sink into deep depression with every chance they take on a kid like the one in this thread.

In the mean time, this staff has no choice but to coach their rear ends off, and get this team to change and show improvement. Get the product on the field trending in the right direction and the recruits will come. CBH has quite a collection of ex head coaches and coordinators to turn this ship around. I'm hopeful. VERY hopeful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

As far as relationships go, all the current staff can do, is respectfully reach out. Kid says no. Say thanks and move on.

I mean y'all say this as if we're constantly getting rejected. We're being put into lots of kids "top 10s" and that's with limited interaction. 

Auburn's name is known around the south east. We can beat schools for some kids. And we can easily compete for the countless kids in the SE that Bama/Clemson/UGA can't take.

Our entire class isn't going to be NR-3* kids. We're gonna pull kids that have longer relationships with other schools. We'll have a top 10 class or be knockinf on the door

7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

...without being bullied or belittled. 

@aucanucktigerNot being bullied or belittled. Just giving some knowledge that comes with a lot of recruiting experience.

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

I'm absolutely shocked a HS kid hit proper depth.  Someone please get this kid some proper platform shoes to lift in though

This kid has a knack for being around the football. Diamond in the making is very possible with Powell. If not for a boneheaded former head coach Auburn High would be the reigning AHSAA 7A State Champions and Powell was a major part of their defense. 

• Love 1