2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!

Paladin

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Does NCAA dictate camps?

@W.E.D For on campus Yes. The biggest thing about the dead period is no face to face contact with college staffs anywhere.

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Could schools still hold camps?

Nope!

6 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Jason Caldwell bringing it. Good for him.

Loving it

What prompted JC's original post about spoiling a kid's moment?

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What prompted JC's original post about spoiling a kid's moment?

I don’t think the tweet is up anymore. But I think Jboy said something like expect Powell to commit soon

Glad he still got to do it on his own even though the Jboy tried to ruin the kid’s moment.

War Eagle and welcome to the family Mr. Powell!

• Like 1

Kablooey, what the heck 

5B22C61A-D4EC-453F-871A-4FDBB7508070.gif

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Jboy tweeted “Powell Gordon. Soon”

I mean, that's a bit ridiculous isn't it?  All writers are posting that stuff on their respective boards

• Like 1

Looks like he needs to bulk up in a big way. As far as the Jboy stuff I get what he’s doing and see all his marketing stuff on Twitter.  He’s doing a good job getting guests and I enjoy his podcasts for the most part.  That being said there’s also something about him that rubs me the wrong way.  There’s an art to sales and you have to walk a thin line.  I think ultimately he’ll be successful but there are aspects of what he does that could be toned down.

• Like 1

I don't see too many fan bases besides ours that would even let someone in media go by the name j boy and be taken serious

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't see too many fan bases besides ours that would even let someone in media go by the name j boy and be taken serious

Agreed that branding is off.  Not too many grown men I know that want to be referred to as anything boy.

• Like 1

He said he was blown away by his virtual visit the other day, so I wanted to give an attaboy to the video team!  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Agreed that branding is off.  Not too many grown men I know that want to be referred to as anything boy.

We're gonna harp on a guys name? Maybe his parents called him Jakieboy growing up and he wants to pay a bit of homage to them? Maybe he just likes the way Jboy rolls of the tongue instead of J Man? I'm not gonna go back and forth on this because I don't want to derail the thread but seems like there's a lot of other things people can be worried about other than the name of a podcast.

War eagle and congrats to Powell! I feel like he's only going to get rated higher the closer we get to him signing.

Edited by tgrogan21

23 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Big Boi Smh GIF by Outkast - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

We're gonna harp on a guys name? Maybe his parents called him Jakieboy growing up and he wants to pay a bit of homage to them? Maybe he just likes the way Jboy rolls of the tongue instead of J Man? I'm not gonna go back and forth on this because I don't want to derail the thread but seems like there's a lot of other things people can be worried about other than the name of a podcast.

War eagle and congrats to Powell! I feel like he's only going to get rated higher the closer we get to him signing.

Lol exactly.

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Hoping for the AU bump.

• Haha 1