2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!

Paladin

Holy cow, he’s going to play ILB. Someone buy that kid a couple of Five Guys burgers, stat! I love his engine and IQ, but he’s gonna need a bit more sand in the britches at ILB, IMHO.

Edited by AUinfusion
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Glad we got a homegrown kid. I don't care if he rides the bench. We should get them when they're in our backyard. I think he'll contribute in the the new 3-4 defense. Excited about Cam Riley and Wesley Steiner and this kid as the future LB core. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I believe it. Remember we jumped on him when nobody else really did. I hope that is a constant reminder. Long way to go 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Agreed that branding is off.  Not too many grown men I know that want to be referred to as anything boy.

He needs to figure out his main goal/mission.  Does it have to do with the game of college football and getting great guests on air to talk about the game, or is it about recruiting?  IMO, his recruiting takes distract from the other stuff that I think he does much better.  And his constant retweets get really annoying.  The last 3 months have been big for him, he's done some good things, but made a lot of mistakes in how/when he dispenses info.

Welcome to the Family, Powell!  Very excited to have you!

For what it is worth, I am siding with Jason.  It appears Jason actually traveled to meet with Powell and record his video.  Jason is the one who made the effort.  J Boy got wind of it and tried to jump everyone who actually put in the work.  I haven't seen him travel to meet with any kid, only texts.  I feel like he does that a lot and you can see it with his predictions.  He waits until the very last second to make a prediction, and when he does it is based off of everyone else's predictions.  I think he should just stick to his podcast really.  No hate towards the guy, but this is a bad look.

Glad to have him. He'll fill out. Hes still probably 16/17 with a 6'3" frame. 

that is a lot of TFLs in one season!

Doesn't look fast, but he is so tall at MLB (for HS).    I am sure his size  is misleading to me.   He moved too fluid like to be slow.   Is he fast or quick or both?     He was in the backfield A LOT.    I mean he is super quick, that is obvious. 

Auburn plays 6A ball?  Kid has a nose for the ball and just has too many highlights to be discounted.  Freaking just makes a ton of plays.  The video said his junior highlights....I wonder if those included some soph highlights.  

Wow.  Gonna have to add some upper body muscle.  Just won't be about to 'out-quick'  SEC players.

Edited by Beaker

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For the down votes Sheila C’s  is much better. Trust me!

Never heard of Sheila Cs. You can't compare chains versus hole the wall/local spots. Of the chain burger restaurants Five Guys is the tops. I have a ton of local burger spots i like better. If you ever find yourself in the Grant Park/East Lake part of Atlanta give Mixed Up Burgers a try. The philly burger is delicious and a triple by pass waiting to happen. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

that is a lot of TFLs in one season!

Doesn't look fast, but he is so tall at MLB (for HS).    I am sure his size  is misleading to me.   He moved too fluid like to be slow.   Is he fast or quick or both?     He was in the backfield A LOT.    I mean he is super quick, that is obvious. 

Auburn plays 6A ball?  Kid has a nose for the ball and just has too many highlights to be discounted.  Freaking just makes a ton of plays.  The video said his junior highlights....I wonder if those included some soph highlights.  

Wow.  Gonna have to add some upper body muscle.  Just won't be about to 'out-quick'  SEC players.

AHS plays 7A sports, largest classification in alabama

*and AHS just got a new football coach, Etheredge moving from Oxford to Auburn

Edited by TigerPAC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Of the chain burger restaurants Five Guys is the tops

Not even close! In and out as well as Whataburger are better easily.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What - A - Burger

"Just like you like it." 

lit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

OMG Whataburger and In and Out are the most over rated burger places i have ever been to. Its obvious now you just have terrible taste it burgers. 🤣  Whataburger is so forgettable the only thing i remember was that its neat you can stack like 4 burger patties on one sandwich (not that you'd want to with those s***ty patties). In and Out is the exact same thing as Steak and Shake. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

OMG Whataburger and In and Out are the most over rated burger places i have ever been to. Its obvious now you just have terrible taste it burgers. 🤣  Whataburger is so forgettable the only thing i remember was that its neat you can stack like 4 burger patties on one sandwich (not that you'd want to with those s***ty patties). In and Out is the exact same thing as Steak and Shake. 

The in and out in San Francisco I went to was much better to any steak ‘n Shake I’ve been to anywhere. The Whataburger in Birmingham is really good. Incidentally they’re supposed to be opening a Whataburger in Tigertown soon.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm sitting at Whataburger right now and that's only because there isn't a five guys closer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Now you're talking Whataburger is very good too. And finally they are bringing one back to Montgomery.

5 Guys is juicier. I don't know In Out Burger. How does Cookout and Burger-Fi rate around there? 

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm sitting at Whataburger right now and that's only because there isn't a five guys closer.

I refuse to pay $20 for a burger combo. That’s insane pricing.

14 hours ago, AUinfusion said:

Holy cow, he’s going to play ILB. Someone buy that kid a couple of Five Guys burgers, stat! I love his engine and IQ, but he’s gonna need a bit more sand in the britches at ILB, IMHO.

I think they're going to have to stuff his shirt with a lot of Five Guy Burgers! :)