Jump to content
Null

2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!


Recommended Posts

Holy cow, he’s going to play ILB. Someone buy that kid a couple of Five Guys burgers, stat! I love his engine and IQ, but he’s gonna need a bit more sand in the britches at ILB, IMHO.

Edited by AUinfusion
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yum....no.  Unranked Starting LB/DE on a 7A runner up state championship football team. Little worried we don't have a coach on defense that knows what an SEC caliber player looks like.

This is just a dumb statement considering none of the players have played in an SEC game yet! Geez

Overrated 

Posted Images

Glad we got a homegrown kid. I don't care if he rides the bench. We should get them when they're in our backyard. I think he'll contribute in the the new 3-4 defense. Excited about Cam Riley and Wesley Steiner and this kid as the future LB core. 

 

 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

 

I believe it. Remember we jumped on him when nobody else really did. I hope that is a constant reminder. Long way to go 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Agreed that branding is off.  Not too many grown men I know that want to be referred to as anything boy.

He needs to figure out his main goal/mission.  Does it have to do with the game of college football and getting great guests on air to talk about the game, or is it about recruiting?  IMO, his recruiting takes distract from the other stuff that I think he does much better.  And his constant retweets get really annoying.  The last 3 months have been big for him, he's done some good things, but made a lot of mistakes in how/when he dispenses info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Family, Powell!  Very excited to have you!

For what it is worth, I am siding with Jason.  It appears Jason actually traveled to meet with Powell and record his video.  Jason is the one who made the effort.  J Boy got wind of it and tried to jump everyone who actually put in the work.  I haven't seen him travel to meet with any kid, only texts.  I feel like he does that a lot and you can see it with his predictions.  He waits until the very last second to make a prediction, and when he does it is based off of everyone else's predictions.  I think he should just stick to his podcast really.  No hate towards the guy, but this is a bad look.

Link to post
Share on other sites

that is a lot of TFLs in one season!

 

Doesn't look fast, but he is so tall at MLB (for HS).    I am sure his size  is misleading to me.   He moved too fluid like to be slow.   Is he fast or quick or both?     He was in the backfield A LOT.    I mean he is super quick, that is obvious. 

Auburn plays 6A ball?  Kid has a nose for the ball and just has too many highlights to be discounted.  Freaking just makes a ton of plays.  The video said his junior highlights....I wonder if those included some soph highlights.  

Wow.  Gonna have to add some upper body muscle.  Just won't be about to 'out-quick'  SEC players.

Edited by Beaker
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For the down votes Sheila C’s  is much better. Trust me!

Never heard of Sheila Cs. You can't compare chains versus hole the wall/local spots. Of the chain burger restaurants Five Guys is the tops. I have a ton of local burger spots i like better. If you ever find yourself in the Grant Park/East Lake part of Atlanta give Mixed Up Burgers a try. The philly burger is delicious and a triple by pass waiting to happen. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beaker said:

that is a lot of TFLs in one season!

 

Doesn't look fast, but he is so tall at MLB (for HS).    I am sure his size  is misleading to me.   He moved too fluid like to be slow.   Is he fast or quick or both?     He was in the backfield A LOT.    I mean he is super quick, that is obvious. 

Auburn plays 6A ball?  Kid has a nose for the ball and just has too many highlights to be discounted.  Freaking just makes a ton of plays.  The video said his junior highlights....I wonder if those included some soph highlights.  

Wow.  Gonna have to add some upper body muscle.  Just won't be about to 'out-quick'  SEC players.

AHS plays 7A sports, largest classification in alabama

*and AHS just got a new football coach, Etheredge moving from Oxford to Auburn

Edited by TigerPAC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not even close! In and out as well as Whataburger are better easily.

What - A - Burger

"Just like you like it." 

 

lit

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not even close! In and out as well as Whataburger are better easily.

OMG Whataburger and In and Out are the most over rated burger places i have ever been to. Its obvious now you just have terrible taste it burgers. 🤣  Whataburger is so forgettable the only thing i remember was that its neat you can stack like 4 burger patties on one sandwich (not that you'd want to with those s***ty patties). In and Out is the exact same thing as Steak and Shake. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gravejd said:

OMG Whataburger and In and Out are the most over rated burger places i have ever been to. Its obvious now you just have terrible taste it burgers. 🤣  Whataburger is so forgettable the only thing i remember was that its neat you can stack like 4 burger patties on one sandwich (not that you'd want to with those s***ty patties). In and Out is the exact same thing as Steak and Shake. 

The in and out in San Francisco I went to was much better to any steak ‘n Shake I’ve been to anywhere. The Whataburger in Birmingham is really good. Incidentally they’re supposed to be opening a Whataburger in Tigertown soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to know what burger Powell Gordon prefers.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not even close! In and out as well as Whataburger are better easily.

I'm sitting at Whataburger right now and that's only because there isn't a five guys closer.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not even close! In and out as well as Whataburger are better easily.

Now you're talking Whataburger is very good too. And finally they are bringing one back to Montgomery.

5 Guys is juicier. I don't know In Out Burger. How does Cookout and Burger-Fi rate around there? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm sitting at Whataburger right now and that's only because there isn't a five guys closer.

I refuse to pay $20 for a burger combo. That’s insane pricing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AUinfusion said:

Holy cow, he’s going to play ILB. Someone buy that kid a couple of Five Guys burgers, stat! I love his engine and IQ, but he’s gonna need a bit more sand in the britches at ILB, IMHO.

I think they're going to have to stuff his shirt with a lot of Five Guy Burgers! :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bigbird unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...