cancer

aubiefifty

we lost 72 a while back which sucks. i would like to ask people to be careful with sun exposure. since october i have had over thirty skin cancers or precancers removed.i have had two whole face treatments. today at eleven i go for my second heroes op to remove all of a squamus cell cancer. these things grow tails and they have to be removed with a lab set up for margins. if left unattended they will grow and when they reach the ol lymph nodes it can spread throughout the body. if not treated these bad boys can kill you. i have been told that only a melanoma can kill you which is wrong.the melanoma's can kill you qiucker than any form of cancer out there. the squamus cells are slow growers but when they hit the nodes they are just as deadly.but other than a small amount of worry and a real pain in the behind it can be dealt with. the sad part is i still have a lot of spots to deal with. so i ask folks to be careful outside. hats. long sleeve shirts. beards, and even long hair are your friends.sun blocks are great if you get a good one and keep it applied when sweating or swimming. i think the worst thing is having to go into these doctors offices while covid is lurking. and the lady that biopsies and freezes some cancers off had it and i was exposed once already but she was fine and i never got it. but i got the dreaded" you have been exposed" call. also remember water and sand reflects the suns rays and can get you that way as well. i just want you guys to stay well so i can still keep confusing you guys. oh and the freezing leaves a white circle like scar so i am turning into the polka dot man which is not a good look but it sure beats dying. be careful out there................

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we lost 72 a while back which sucks. i would like to ask people to be careful with sun exposure. since october i have had over thirty skin cancers or precancers removed.i have had two whole face treatments. today at eleven i go for my second heroes op to remove all of a squamus cell cancer. these things grow tails and they have to be removed with a lab set up for margins. if left unattended they will grow and when they reach the ol lymph nodes it can spread throughout the body. if not treated these bad boys can kill you. i have been told that only a melanoma can kill you which is wrong.the melanoma's can kill you qiucker than any form of cancer out there. the squamus cells are slow growers but when they hit the nodes they are just as deadly.but other than a small amount of worry and a real pain in the behind it can be dealt with. the sad part is i still have a lot of spots to deal with. so i ask folks to be careful outside. hats. long sleeve shirts. beards, and even long hair are your friends.sun blocks are great if you get a good one and keep it applied when sweating or swimming. i think the worst thing is having to go into these doctors offices while covid is lurking. and the lady that biopsies and freezes some cancers off had it and i was exposed once already but she was fine and i never got it. but i got the dreaded" you have been exposed" call. also remember water and sand reflects the suns rays and can get you that way as well. i just want you guys to stay well so i can still keep confusing you guys. oh and the freezing leaves a white circle like scar so i am turning into the polka dot man which is not a good look but it sure beats dying. be careful out there................

Thx for your experience led advice. I am an old guy and am dealing with poor sun experiences from earlier in life also and it is definitely easier to be proactive early than reactive later.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Thx for your experience led advice. I am an old guy and am dealing with poor sun experiences from earlier in life also and it is definitely easier to be proactive early than reactive later.

i am sorry you have to go through with it. if you ever have to go through the blue light treatment on your face it feels like being attacked by bee's for seventeen minutes. i got through mine but some cannot. i was blistered bad two or three times as a kid and had to put up with vinegar to treat it with but i believe all mine came feom what happened as a kid.

I am a 69 year old Red head who grew up on the ocean so was out in the Sun all the time. I have had multiple mose surgeries and countless liquid nitrogen treatments so I know where you are coming from. As a kid I used to put on baby oil which only made the sunburns worse.

53 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Prayers fifty. Hope it's not too bad for you today. I try to take as many precautions as I can due to having a fair complexion. I can look at the picture of the sun and get burned it seems. Long hair as a protectant hasn't been an option since my 30's lol, so I wear a cap or wide brim hat if I'm out for any length of time. 

31 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Nathan was lost only a week ago, and this is a football forum. Seems like a strange time/place for this post.

It is but he just wanted the message to be seen. Not a bad thought. 

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Prayers fifty. Hope it's not too bad for you today. I try to take as many precautions as I can due to having a fair complexion. I can look at the picture of the sun and get burned it seems. Long hair as a protectant hasn't been an option since my 30's lol, so I wear a cap or wide brim hat if I'm out for any length of time. 

if they do not have to dig between my fingers i will be fine. maybe even then. they just burnt one off between my sideburns and earlobe and i know what my flesh smells like burning now. it stinks.lol  i thought it might smell like a boston butt  or something......

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Best of luck to you!

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Nathan was lost only a week ago, and this is a football forum. Seems like a strange time/place for this post.

it is permitted for a day or two if it is slow. some people put it in the football section like 72 passing because people go to the football posts first. it will get moved or mine will. 72's might hang around some because he had a ton of friends on here. just a thing man just a thing...........

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

if they do not have to dig between my fingers i will be fine. maybe even then. they just burnt one off between my sideburns and earlobe and i know what my flesh smells like burning now. it stinks.lol  i thought it might smell like a boston butt  or something......

I imagine it wasn’t aromatic to the Boston Swine either ( you made the comparison, not me!!).

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I imagine it wasn’t aromatic to the Boston Swine either ( you made the comparison, not me!!).

i have been called worse and i have smelled worse  lol

well the op was great but the doc has little sense of humor. he had never even watched patch williams...........he is dr capel our of b'ham. he did not have to go deep but no drugs cus i guess i look like a druggie so i am eating four strong over the counter meds in the place of two and every four hours instead of eight. the sucker hurts cus it is in a bad spot and sees a lot of movement.but i feel blessed.

Archived