Softball vs South Carolina Game 2 (Osprey Invitational)

• ellitor changed the title to Softball vs South Carolina Game 2 (Osprey Invitational)

Sam Yarbrough makes her first appearance in the circle.  She got off to a rough start.  Walked the lead off on a full count then the second batter went deep. She stuck out #3 and #4 popped up to SS. #5 grounds out to SS. 

Rivera draws a walk.  Norton moves her to second with a sac. Dowell singles up the middle scoring Rivera and moves to 2nd on the throw. Perry flies out to LF.  My stream froze up. Didn’t see the 3rd out. We’re down 2-1 going to T2. 

Will be interesting to see how we are shaping up in the SEC playing SC. It looks like we may be about equal so far. They were picked i think, 9th and us, 11th in preseason SEC polls. 

I'm a little surprised Yar didn't pitch better. But it will be our offensive output that makes or breaks us...

Tigers get 2 hits and a walk to load the bases.   Schmidt thrown out at the plate on a passed ball.  2 runs score on an error by 2B.  6-3 SC in T6. 

South Carolina is currently #17 in the country.  Really disappointed with the attempt to score from 3rd on the passed ball. We had based loaded and nobody out.  Don't make the first out at home and a short path to the backstop.  If a deeper backstop, ok. But ran is out of a possible bigger inning. Thank goodness for the error that gave us the same 2 runs, but we still would have another out to give.  Closed the gap at least. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

South Carolina is currently #17 in the country.  Really disappointed with the attempt to score from 3rd on the passed ball. We had based loaded and nobody out.  Don't make the first out at home and a short path to the backstop.  If a deeper backstop, ok. But ran is out of a possible bigger inning. Thank goodness for the error that gave us the same 2 runs, but we still would have another out to give.  Closed the gap at least. 

Agreed.  Schmidt had a short lead and got a late jump.  But you have to know that is a short backstop.  

1 minute ago, RMillander said:

So what happened on that ground out to 3rd that umps called back? Did someone call time or something?

🤷‍♂️

Proud Auburn dad (presumably) near the mic shouting encouragement and calling out the blue "questionable" calls is my hero right now!

Just now, around4ever said:

Godwin goes deep to LF with 2 outs.  My stream is getting behind.  A lot of buffering going on. 

My stream was buffering a lot, and discovered it had somehow toggled to 1.5x and was catching up with itself. Went back to 1x and its fine. Who knows...?

Archived