Best Auburn performance you ever witnessed

AUght2win

As a student the 2001 Florida game was probably the best.  2004 UT was fun.  Maybe it’s because I “picked up” this hot Bama chick the night before but 2002 Iron Bowl wasn’t bad either.  2004 and 2006 LSU games were the hardest hitting games I’ve been too.  Most exciting were 2005 UGA in Athens and 2019 Iron Bowl.  I left out the kick six and prayer because neither one of those games should have come down to those plays.  Auburn dominated UGA for 3 qtrs and Bama dominated Auburn for a good part of the kick six. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I think the criteria of "best performance" is simply being the game you were most pleased with the performers' work. So it can be anything you choose.

One of the most exciting games I remember was 1984 #16 vs #9 FSU where it was like the last team to have the ball would win. I was on bivouac during a field training exercise with the army and I was listening on a small transistor radio with an ear plug.

For "best" performance, I think you have to think about when we dominated on all sides of the ball against elite competition. With that being said, I don't think anything beats the total dismantling of number 1 UGA in 2017.

In person? By a singular player? Has to be Caddy's 6 TD game vs CLANNNNNNNNGAAAAAAAAAA in 03.

1958 Tennessee game.  We won 13-0 and Tennessee had zero first downs and negative yards total offense.  Second would be the 1974 Tennessee game, we won 21-0 and Tennessee only crossed the fifty once.

Nick Marshall killing bammer. The LSU game when cam was here. 

Also the sec championship game when cam was here. We literally dominated South c

1972 Punt bama Punt. Not best we ever played just the scale of the upset and the way we did it.

As for most dominate game I have to go with Auburn Ole Miss 1985.  At few statistics

Auburn won the game 41-0

First Downs:

Auburn-  39

Ole Miss-  2

Rushing Yards:

Auburn-  438

Ole Miss-  8

Passing Yards:

Auburn-  168

Ole Miss-  1

Total Yards:

Auburn-  606

Ole Miss-  9 (not a typo)

Time of Possession:

Auburn:  45:18

Ole Miss:  14:42

Ranks #1 for the most offensive plays run by Auburn in a game with 101 total plays

Ranks #1 for the fewest defensive plays by Auburn in a game, with Ole Miss only running 30 plays from scrimmage.

1 of the 5 games in Auburn history in which Auburn never punted (1956 Houston; 1969 Wake Forest; 1970 Mississippi St.; 1985 Ole Miss; 2005 Ball State)

16 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Auburn in 2004 wasnt going to lose after that LSU game. Something flipped a switch and we became a steamroller. There was a controlled meanness with that team and it showed every snap. I still say, to this day, 2004 Auburn is the best to ever wear the orange and blue

Yes!  Agree 100%!!!

1 hour ago, Howard Roark said:

As for most dominate game I have to go with Auburn Ole Miss 1985.  At few statistics

Auburn won the game 41-0

First Downs:

Auburn-  39

Ole Miss-  2

Rushing Yards:

Auburn-  438

Ole Miss-  8

Passing Yards:

Auburn-  168

Ole Miss-  1

Total Yards:

Auburn-  606

Ole Miss-  9 (not a typo)

Time of Possession:

Auburn:  45:18

Ole Miss:  14:42

Ranks #1 for the most offensive plays run by Auburn in a game with 101 total plays

Ranks #1 for the fewest defensive plays by Auburn in a game, with Ole Miss only running 30 plays from scrimmage.

1 of the 5 games in Auburn history in which Auburn never punted (1956 Houston; 1969 Wake Forest; 1970 Mississippi St.; 1985 Ole Miss; 2005 Ball State)

Whoa. Was this at home or in Oxford?

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

As a student the 2001 Florida game was probably the best.  2004 UT was fun.  Maybe it’s because I “picked up” this hot Bama chick the night before but 2002 Iron Bowl wasn’t bad either.  2004 and 2006 LSU games were the hardest hitting games I’ve been too.  Most exciting were 2005 UGA in Athens and 2019 Iron Bowl.  I left out the kick six and prayer because neither one of those games should have come down to those plays.  Auburn dominated UGA for 3 qtrs and Bama dominated Auburn for a good part of the kick six. 

UAT was beat by the 4th quarter. They had no answer defensively for our offense, and I wish the darned game had gone into OT where everyone could know it. Even my bammer brother in law saw it. The tide dominated the first quarter and half or a little more of the second. AU dominated the middle 3rd through the 4th. Saban went for the fg cause he knew they were done. That's the way we saw it at the time- Aubies and bammers were watching. 

Really didn't witness it, I watched it later on a replay, but I would say UGA 2017. We completely dominated the #1 team in the country. Probably one of the most complete games of the Chizik + Malzahn era.

Kick 6 proudly seeing my 3 year old grandson running through the house screaming TOUCHDOWN AUBURN like PawPaw. With the look on the in-laws faces because their brainwashing hadn't worked.

21 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Tubby took his foot off the gas, but the 1st quarter of the 2005 Iron Bowl, both offensively and defensively, was about as good as it gets.

You’re not kidding. Honk if you sacked Brodie!

89 Iron Bowl. I'll never forget how loud it was. the roof blew off the place when James Joseph scored to retake the lead. One of the coolest experiences I had with my old man as a kid.

4 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

89 Iron Bowl. I'll never forget how loud it was. the roof blew off the place when James Joseph scored to retake the lead. One of the coolest experiences I had with my old man as a kid.

As an Auburn man, that believes in work. Hard work. I have only possessed one ticket I wouldn't sell. My buddy and I went to Auburn to sell them to "stupid" UAT  people. After all, 22 dollars was real money. We were 10 miles from town 5 hours from game time before we had a clue. By the time we hit College....no way in Hades we sold those tickets. It was a done deal when they got off the bus. My ears rang for two days afterwards.

Last year's Mississippi State game where we went up 21-0 in the first 3 minutes might be the greatest 3 minutes of Auburn football I ever saw lol

maybe not the best I ever saw but the most memorable...my first game in Jordan Hare.  My family were FSU fans...my dad took me to FSU vs. Auburn in Tallahassee in 84 and I became a huge Bo Jackson fan...then going to Auburn for the first time in 85 and seeing this performance, I was sold and have been an Auburn fan since that day.

28 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Ben Leard to Ronnie Daniels over and over and over against Georgia was pretty satisfying.   

The complete manhandling of LSU and UGA in Tub’s inaugural year.. still a mystery to me to this day. 

Archived