Jump to content
Null

Best Auburn performance you ever witnessed


Recommended Posts

As a student the 2001 Florida game was probably the best.  2004 UT was fun.  Maybe it’s because I “picked up” this hot Bama chick the night before but 2002 Iron Bowl wasn’t bad either.  2004 and 2006 LSU games were the hardest hitting games I’ve been too.  Most exciting were 2005 UGA in Athens and 2019 Iron Bowl.  I left out the kick six and prayer because neither one of those games should have come down to those plays.  Auburn dominated UGA for 3 qtrs and Bama dominated Auburn for a good part of the kick six. 

Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To offset the bad memories. 2004 in Knoxville. Auburn gets up 31-3 on a top 10 SEC team, in front of 100k plus fans.   

Then Oklahoma's Heisman winner Jason White proceeded to throw approximately 472 picks in the natty. Auburn in 2004 wasnt going to lose after that LSU game. Something flipped a switch and we became a s

Tubby took his foot off the gas, but the 1st quarter of the 2005 Iron Bowl, both offensively and defensively, was about as good as it gets.

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I think the criteria of "best performance" is simply being the game you were most pleased with the performers' work. So it can be anything you choose.

One of the most exciting games I remember was 1984 #16 vs #9 FSU where it was like the last team to have the ball would win. I was on bivouac during a field training exercise with the army and I was listening on a small transistor radio with an ear plug.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For "best" performance, I think you have to think about when we dominated on all sides of the ball against elite competition. With that being said, I don't think anything beats the total dismantling of number 1 UGA in 2017.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In person? By a singular player? Has to be Caddy's 6 TD game vs CLANNNNNNNNGAAAAAAAAAA in 03.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1958 Tennessee game.  We won 13-0 and Tennessee had zero first downs and negative yards total offense.  Second would be the 1974 Tennessee game, we won 21-0 and Tennessee only crossed the fifty once.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1972 Punt bama Punt. Not best we ever played just the scale of the upset and the way we did it.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
Link to post
Share on other sites

As for most dominate game I have to go with Auburn Ole Miss 1985.  At few statistics

Auburn won the game 41-0

First Downs:

Auburn-  39

Ole Miss-  2

 

Rushing Yards:

Auburn-  438

Ole Miss-  8

 

Passing Yards:

Auburn-  168

Ole Miss-  1

 

Total Yards:

Auburn-  606

Ole Miss-  9 (not a typo)

 

Time of Possession:

Auburn:  45:18

Ole Miss:  14:42

 

Ranks #1 for the most offensive plays run by Auburn in a game with 101 total plays

Ranks #1 for the fewest defensive plays by Auburn in a game, with Ole Miss only running 30 plays from scrimmage.

1 of the 5 games in Auburn history in which Auburn never punted (1956 Houston; 1969 Wake Forest; 1970 Mississippi St.; 1985 Ole Miss; 2005 Ball State)

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Auburn in 2004 wasnt going to lose after that LSU game. Something flipped a switch and we became a steamroller. There was a controlled meanness with that team and it showed every snap. I still say, to this day, 2004 Auburn is the best to ever wear the orange and blue

Yes!  Agree 100%!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Howard Roark said:

As for most dominate game I have to go with Auburn Ole Miss 1985.  At few statistics

Auburn won the game 41-0

First Downs:

Auburn-  39

Ole Miss-  2

 

Rushing Yards:

Auburn-  438

Ole Miss-  8

 

Passing Yards:

Auburn-  168

Ole Miss-  1

 

Total Yards:

Auburn-  606

Ole Miss-  9 (not a typo)

 

Time of Possession:

Auburn:  45:18

Ole Miss:  14:42

 

Ranks #1 for the most offensive plays run by Auburn in a game with 101 total plays

Ranks #1 for the fewest defensive plays by Auburn in a game, with Ole Miss only running 30 plays from scrimmage.

1 of the 5 games in Auburn history in which Auburn never punted (1956 Houston; 1969 Wake Forest; 1970 Mississippi St.; 1985 Ole Miss; 2005 Ball State)

 

Whoa. Was this at home or in Oxford?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

As a student the 2001 Florida game was probably the best.  2004 UT was fun.  Maybe it’s because I “picked up” this hot Bama chick the night before but 2002 Iron Bowl wasn’t bad either.  2004 and 2006 LSU games were the hardest hitting games I’ve been too.  Most exciting were 2005 UGA in Athens and 2019 Iron Bowl.  I left out the kick six and prayer because neither one of those games should have come down to those plays.  Auburn dominated UGA for 3 qtrs and Bama dominated Auburn for a good part of the kick six. 

UAT was beat by the 4th quarter. They had no answer defensively for our offense, and I wish the darned game had gone into OT where everyone could know it. Even my bammer brother in law saw it. The tide dominated the first quarter and half or a little more of the second. AU dominated the middle 3rd through the 4th. Saban went for the fg cause he knew they were done. That's the way we saw it at the time- Aubies and bammers were watching. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really didn't witness it, I watched it later on a replay, but I would say UGA 2017. We completely dominated the #1 team in the country. Probably one of the most complete games of the Chizik + Malzahn era.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kick 6 proudly seeing my 3 year old grandson running through the house screaming TOUCHDOWN AUBURN like PawPaw. With the look on the in-laws faces because their brainwashing hadn't worked.

Edited by wde1968
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Tubby took his foot off the gas, but the 1st quarter of the 2005 Iron Bowl, both offensively and defensively, was about as good as it gets.

You’re not kidding. Honk if you sacked Brodie!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

89 Iron Bowl. I'll never forget how loud it was. the roof blew off the place when James Joseph scored to retake the lead. One of the coolest experiences I had with my old man as a kid.

As an Auburn man, that believes in work. Hard work. I have only possessed one ticket I wouldn't sell. My buddy and I went to Auburn to sell them to "stupid" UAT  people. After all, 22 dollars was real money. We were 10 miles from town 5 hours from game time before we had a clue. By the time we hit College....no way in Hades we sold those tickets. It was a done deal when they got off the bus. My ears rang for two days afterwards.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year's Mississippi State game where we went up 21-0 in the first 3 minutes might be the greatest 3 minutes of Auburn football I ever saw lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe not the best I ever saw but the most memorable...my first game in Jordan Hare.  My family were FSU fans...my dad took me to FSU vs. Auburn in Tallahassee in 84 and I became a huge Bo Jackson fan...then going to Auburn for the first time in 85 and seeing this performance, I was sold and have been an Auburn fan since that day.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Ben Leard to Ronnie Daniels over and over and over against Georgia was pretty satisfying.   

The complete manhandling of LSU and UGA in Tub’s inaugural year.. still a mystery to me to this day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...