Best Auburn performance you ever witnessed

AUght2win

1 hour ago, AUMicBK said:

maybe not the best I ever saw but the most memorable...my first game in Jordan Hare.  My family were FSU fans...my dad took me to FSU vs. Auburn in Tallahassee in 84 and I became a huge Bo Jackson fan...then going to Auburn for the first time in 85 and seeing this performance, I was sold and have been an Auburn fan since that day.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, woodford said:

Auburn and Florida State need a home and home. Not just for 2013 NCG revenge, but because this was a solid little ole 1980's rivalry.

Yeah I loved that rivalry 

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Auburn and Florida State need a home and home. Not just for 2013 NCG revenge, but because this was a solid little ole 1980's rivalry.

Since the CFP has proven conference titles don't matter, we should do independent scheduling.

1. Georgia Tech

2. Ole Miss

3. Tennessee 

4. Florida State

5. Mississippi State

6. Georgia

7. Tennessee

8. Alabama

Three randoms. One semi-annual rival rotating between Clemson, LSU, and Tulane.

16 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

maybe not the best I ever saw but the most memorable...my first game in Jordan Hare.  My family were FSU fans...my dad took me to FSU vs. Auburn in Tallahassee in 84 and I became a huge Bo Jackson fan...then going to Auburn for the first time in 85 and seeing this performance, I was sold and have been an Auburn fan since that day.

Interesting you became a Bo Jackson fan from the 1984 game because he did not play in it. 

Man what I would given to have been at the 84 game. Best game of the entire 1980s. Then again, I couldn’t have heard Fyffe’s outstanding calls from it had I attended. 

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Since the CFP has proven conference titles don't matter, we should do independent scheduling.

1. Georgia Tech

2. Ole Miss

3. Tennessee 

4. Florida State

5. Mississippi State

6. Georgia

7. Tennessee

8. Alabama

Three randoms. One semi-annual rival rotating between Clemson, LSU, and Tulane.

I’d throw Florida in the mix.  If Auburn never plays Clemson again I’d be fine with that.

The game we clapped UGA (before ultimately failing in the SECCG) was one of the most complete games I've witnessed us play in a longgggg time. Others will hate it but our 2020 Iron Bowl took a lot of great moments to pull out when you look at the talent disparity. 

The “Honk if you sacked Brodie” game. At least the 1st half.

I'll go a slightly different direction and say 2006 LSU. The most beautiful game ever to have only had 10 total points scored. That was the cherry on top of that era of hard hitting, defensive football. Violence as poetry. That LSU team finished 3rd in the country. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I'll go a slightly different direction and say 2006 LSU. The most beautiful game ever to have only had 10 total points scored. That was the cherry on top of that era of hard hitting, defensive football. Violence as poetry. That LSU team finished 3rd in the country. 

Hardest hitting game I can remember.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The older LSU fan sitting beside me looked at me in the 4th quarter and said, ' How are they still standing ? ' You could hear the licks 8 rows up in the upper deck.

12 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

The older LSU fan sitting beside me looked at me in the 4th quarter and said, ' How are they still standing ? ' You could hear the licks 8 rows up in the upper deck.

I miss and desperately want that ferociousness and tenacity from our D again

19 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

My bammer buddy- with whom I had an extremely acrimonious football relationship at the time, to the point that we were legitimately more enemies than friends in the fall- called me to tell me what a great game it was. Nothing but admiration for both sides. Of course, he certainly wasn't seeing it from his own team in 2006.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:47 PM, woodford said:

Skinny little 4th grader wearing my tracy rocker fishnet jersey on the playground...I had big ole bullseye on my back.  I hate the criminoles!

My favorite is the UGA game where Leard and Ronnie Daniels went off.  Memories of Daniels running down field throwing punches at the defenders.

2001 Florida

2005 Bama Sack Game - We were on our feet the whole game

2013 Georgia

2013 Bama

Just to name a few of my favorites...

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

No doubt. What a fantastic afternoon of Auburn football. My kind of football. Love defense heavy games like that. I remember that like it was yesterday. Can only imagine how rowdy it was after the game. 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, Win4AU said:

I’d throw Florida in the mix.  If Auburn never plays Clemson again I’d be fine with that.

I agree.  I would be in favor of playing Florida over Tennessee.  I always loved the game with the Gators.

For me, the best performance I witnessed would be the 2013 SEC Championship Game.

A close second would be the 2006 Florida game.

2017 Auburn vs UGA 

I would love to name some of those AU games under Tuberville. But what I didn’t like about Tubs was those games were only dominant for the 1st half. We took our foot off the gas and barely scored in the 2nd half of the blowouts, which made the scores much closer than they should have been. For example, ‘99 UGA, ‘04 Tennessee, ‘04 Arkansas, and ‘05 Bama.

I went with ‘17 UGA because we were dominant throughout.

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

2017 Auburn vs UGA 

I would love to name some of those AU games under Tuberville. But what I didn’t like about Tubs was those games were only dominant for the 1st half. We took our foot off the gas and barely scored in the 2nd half of the blowouts, which made the scores much closer than they should have been. For example, ‘99 UGA, ‘04 Tennessee, ‘04 Arkansas, and ‘05 Bama.

I went with ‘17 UGA because we were dominant throughout.

One thing about Gus that nobody can take away is he gave us some of the most dominating finals in school history.

Particularly 56-3 over #17 Arkansas (we were ranked #21, so it could even be considered a slight upset).

Beating a top 20 team by 53 is nuts.

This may be, statistically, the most dominant game against a power 5 opponent in Auburn history. We scored 42 point less than 18 minutes into the game. We were on pace to score a TD ever 3 minutes, which would have put us at 140 points for the game. We took the gas off and Joey G had a TD taken away, or else we would have gotten 70 and set the bowl record for points. 

More Gus domination:

48-11 over LSU in 2020

51-10 over (at) Arkansas in 2019

63-14 over Purdue in 2018

51-14 over (at) Missouri in 2017

49-10 over Miss State in 2017

38-14 over (at) Miss State in 2016 (AU was up 35-0 at half).

56-3 over ranked Arkansas in 2016

41-7 over LSU in 2014

55-23 over (at) Tennessee in 2013

2015 is the only year we didn't just absolutely embarrass a Power 5 program. 

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

This may be, statistically, the most dominant game against a power 5 opponent in Auburn history. We scored 42 point less than 18 minutes into the game. We were on pace to score a TD ever 3 minutes, which would have put us at 140 points for the game. We took the gas off and Joey G had a TD taken away, or else we would have gotten 70 and set the bowl record for points. 

This is the one that first popped in my head

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

2015 is the only year we didn't just absolutely embarrass a Power 5 program. 

Not sure about that, we embarrassed ourselves quite a bit that year.

Archived